QM2 Kings Court Question

Jennie Lowe

I wonder if anyone can enlighten me please..... I'm travelling in November on QM2 for 26 nights and I was interested to find out what is offered to eat in the evenings in the Kings Court (apart from the speciality sections) if for some reason I dont want to go to the Brittania Restaurant one night, So looking forward to my trip and your expert replies, xx

It varies every night, but there is always a really good choice. Overall there is a greater range to choose from in the Kings Court though some of the menu available in the main dining room is also available in the Kings Court as well. The other excellent option, assuming it's still there (it has been every time we've been aboard, though the last time was Nov 2016) is the Italian section in the Chefs Galley. It's completely free, all made to order and a slightly more intimate place to sit than the main Kings Court which can be a little impersonal for an evening meal. You won't go hungry.

It's at the far end of the Kings Court - the bow (Grills) end. If you are walking up the starboard side it's on your left just before the end and if you walk up the port side of the Kings Court you end right up at one of the entrances. It's also the healthy options area for breakfast in the morning and a burger/hot dog type area for lunch.

Kings Court is the noisiest ship buffet restaurant we have ever been in - plates clashing constantly. The acoustics were not well thought out when the refit took place. The food is excellent in both choice and taste but the acoustics would now make me consider whether it is worth me travelling on QM2. I know we can use the Britannia for breakfast but service ends too soon for us to make use of it - not early risers on an Atlantic crossing with no ports of call to get up early for 🙁

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi can you tell me where abouts the Chefs Galley is please?

It's at the far end of the Kings Court - the bow (Grills) end. If you are walking up the starboard side it's on your left just before the end and if you walk up the port side of the Kings Court you end right up at one of the entrances. It's also the healthy options area for breakfast in the morning and a burger/hot dog type area for lunch.

Hi, milamber. I believe you may have reversed your directions to the Chef's Galley with regard to bow/(stern) and starboard/port. As I recall, the Chef's Galley is on the starboard side aft end of King's Court. Here is a diagram previously posted on this forum in September, 2016 by "The-Inside-Cabin" in the thread "Join Pete and Judy on their FIRST crossing on the Queen Mary 2" that should help with locating the Chef's Galley.

Kings-Court-Layout-large.gif

Regards,

John

Hi, milamber. I believe you may have reversed your directions to the Chef's Galley with regard to bow/(stern) and starboard/port. As I recall, the Chef's Galley is on the starboard side aft end of King's Court. Here is a diagram previously posted on this forum in September, 2016 by "The-Inside-Cabin" in the thread "Join Pete and Judy on their FIRST crossing on the Queen Mary 2" that should help with locating the Chef's Galley.

Kings-Court-Layout-large.gif

Regards,

John

Yes, you are right. It had been a long day and we'd spent 7 weeks on an RCI ship earlier in the year........I was going by the gym location and got my ships mixed up!

Hi can you tell me where abouts the Chefs Galley is please?

In that section for Breakfast you will find they serve a healthy options, together with most fruit juices, at lunch they usually have Burgers Hot Dogs etc, To the right of The Chefs Galley In Kings Court, is a serving area that has pasta and pizzas and in the evening it is sectioned off for the Speciality Kings Court options at additional charge.

Kings Court - Buffet style dining throughout the day and into the evening. In addition an area of this restaurant becomes a speciality dining area with table service.

Aztec (Mexican cuisine) $17.50pp

Bamboo (Pan-Asian cuisine) - $17.50pp

Coriander (Indian cuisine) - $17.50pp

La Piazza (Italian cuisine) - $17.50pp

Smokehouse (American cuisine) - $17.50pp

Evening buffet (non themed) - Complimentary

I know we can use the Britannia for breakfast but service ends too soon for us to make use of it - not early risers on an Atlantic crossing with no ports of call to get up early for

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Apologies to the OP for going slightly off thread but we often felt over the years that breakfast in Britannia finishes a bit too soon. Logistics and staff hours aside, Cunard I think would really win a great deal of approval from their customers if they added an extra half an hour at the end of Britannia breakfast times on sea days. Perhaps this comment merits a thread of its own.