RECENT Reviews of La Casa en La Playa Cozemel?

gigito2

Haven't found any recent reviews on these boards, but elsewhere they have gone from stellar to downright nasty.

Some are reporting that the location has changed and that the beach smells of sewage, that drinks and food are mediocre, and that the experience leaves much to be desired.

Can anyone supply a recent review?

I don't mind the expense, if it's all it's cracked up to be on the Carnival website, but don't want to waste my $$ on a dirty beach with brown water....

Thanks!

• 1 year later...
Any recent reviews?? Going on this excursion next week!?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not seen any recent reviews but I do know they have changed locations over the years. Please report back on present location if you haven’t found out before you go.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey back from my cruise so here is my review- overall had a great time! There are a few different houses that they have. There were 3 carnival ships in port that day so they have at least 2 different houses that they use. The house was ok. There is a pool a men’s bathroom and a woman’s bathroom then there is a man made beach with just sand that overlooks the water along with chairs and hammocks. The only way to get in the ocean was from a ladder or to jump in... the water is about 9 feet deep when you get in so you have to wear a vest that keeps you afloat. Food was ok but didn’t eat too much as I have a bad stomach so I only had a few bites and as far as drinks I only had beer but they were pleantyful and you were able to have as many drinks as you want. Overall I enjoyed the excursion and would definitely do it again. Any other questions I would be happy to answer for you.

Hey back from my cruise so here is my review- overall had a great time! There are a few different houses that they have. There were 3 carnival ships in port that day so they have at least 2 different houses that they use. The house was ok. There is a pool a men’s bathroom and a woman’s bathroom then there is a man made beach with just sand that overlooks the water along with chairs and hammocks. The only way to get in the ocean was from a ladder or to jump in... the water is about 9 feet deep when you get in so you have to wear a vest that keeps you afloat. Food was ok but didn’t eat too much as I have a bad stomach so I only had a few bites and as far as drinks I only had beer but they were pleantyful and you were able to have as many drinks as you want. Overall I enjoyed the excursion and would definitely do it again. Any other questions I would be happy to answer for you.

Hi Mfg316:

My DH and I considered this excursion. Is the ocean water rough when entering by ladder? What about rocks and coral? DH likes to snorkel and I like to sit in the shade and relax.

Any info would be helpful. We are booked on the Carnival Dream in August 19.

Thank you, Gina

Thanks for reporting back. Do you know approximate location or direction from the port?

Hmm I’m not sure I know we stayed on one main road the whole time along the coast line and we passed the other cruise port on the way

So you started at Puerta Maya and went through town, or you docked in town at Langosta?

So you started at Puerta Maya and went through town, or you docked in town at Langosta?

This is where we docked- can you tell from the pics? I’m not sure which port this is? This is only my second time here and my first time I was pretty young and don’t remember

cc91fabfa344be7ed640bd6f153098f1.jpgb6b9c60e158b1e1a30f72af55a7870d0.jpg13a8fa65cee521e3506ff5adb9aaad9d.jpg73b8b0b4e2d540a9bfebf820cadec674.jpg

This is where we docked- can you tell from the pics? I’m not sure which port this is? This is only my second time here and my first time I was pretty young and don’t remember73b8b0b4e2d540a9bfebf820cadec674.jpg

Thanks for photos. ThT would be Puerta Maya so I would assume you went to a house to the north which is what previous reviews have said. Originally they went south.