Originally posted by cruizinisthebest
Not everyone travels out of the country. And if you are planning to cruise, there are alot of expenses involved. I would guess people pause to see if the trip is doable without one. Passports are not cheap. We contemplated too since our trip would require all 4 of us getting passports. In the end we got them just for the peace of mind. Can't wait till they arrive in the mail.

I think it's better to have one and not need it than to need it and not have it. But I also understand the cost is a major factor. Especially if a whole family needs one like in our situation.
But now you have it, and the next time you have the opportunity to travel outside the country with your whole family, you're covered. You are absolutely right about it being better to have one and not need it rather than the other way around. We purchased a passport for our youngest son when he was still in his teens and the whole family cruised. He is trying to be a professional musician and doesn't make much money. This summer he has the possibility of traveling abroad with a band and he doesn't have to pay for a passport because mom and dad covered that for him when we cruised.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
jsfromsc

Carnival Legend Baltic 2013
Carnival Miracle Southern Caribbean 2010
Carnival Triumph Western Caribbean 2008
Carnival Triumph Eastern Caribbean 2004
Carnival Tropicale Western Caribbean 1999