Victory Dry Dock (& Cancellations) - Jan 2018

Canadian_J

Great to hear about possible renovations and enhancements to the ship. Sailing March 5. Only sailed once 12 years ago so I am basically a newbie. I have to admit it would be funny if we were on the Big Nude boat and didn't know. My wife's expression would be worth the "Mistake" ;).

Nick

Heh. That could never happen - it's a full ship charter, so everyone who is on the ship has to book through the chartering company.

And it's not cheap. No discounts. Also no drink packages and apparently no FTTF. no idea why Carnival doesn't offer all its perks to people paying rack rate or more, but there ya go.

• 1 month later...

I'm glad I found this old thread because it all makes sense now! I'm sailing Victory on March 3rd 2018 and a few weeks ago I got a call from Carnival saying that my 4J cabin 9201 would not be available due to work being done to change it to a Scenic (or Deluxe) Ocean View Stateroom. My PVP said that was strange because the cabin is still showing as available. So the work is likely being completed in drydock prior to my cruise and they just haven't yet updated the category in the booking system.

I'm glad I found this old thread because it all makes sense now! I'm sailing Victory on March 3rd 2018 and a few weeks ago I got a call from Carnival saying that my 4J cabin 9201 would not be available due to work being done to change it to a Scenic (or Deluxe) Ocean View Stateroom. My PVP said that was strange because the cabin is still showing as available. So the work is likely being completed in drydock prior to my cruise and they just haven't yet updated the category in the booking system.

I read elsewhere that they are removing the observation area in front of the forward most cabins on the Lido deck and adding additional cabins. On John Heald's FB page he said he would be detailing all of the changes sometime this week.

I read elsewhere that they are removing the observation area in front of the forward most cabins on the Lido deck and adding additional cabins. On John Heald's FB page he said he would be detailing all of the changes sometime this week.

I hope they don't do that on all decks with the observation area. It's the only places to see over the bow of the ship. But I can certainly understand why they are...

That would totally suck! I enjoy the large public balcony's and the 4J's are my favorite cabin whenever I don't get a balcony cabin.

Whoa.

I'm on the Victory for a chartered cruise leaving 2/2/18. Looks like there will only be 2 cruises prior to our 10-day charter.

Interesting. Maybe we're going to get some of the new dining venues and such. Since all the cabins will have been redone prior to this dry dock, I have to assume this is going to be all about the public spaces. Makes me wish I could do a back-to-back!

I'm on the same Charter (2/2/18) Hopefully this is good news for us :)

Upgrades_PLASTIC SEAT COVERS for the nudies! LOL

You may not be aware, but nudists ALWAYS sit on a towel whenever they sit down. There will be stacks of clean towels to use for seating all over the ship. No need for plastic seat covers.

John Heald said today that during drydock Victory will get some "surprises" he can't tell us about yet and will also get the following;

• Guys Burgers
  • Red Frog Rum Bar
  • Blue Iguana Bar
  • Blue Iguana Cantina
  • Bonsai Express
  • New Deli menu

No idea what bonsai express is

John Heald said today that during drydock Victory will get some "surprises" he can't tell us about yet and will also get the following;

• Guys Burgers
  • Red Frog Rum Bar
  • Blue Iguana Bar
  • Blue Iguana Cantina
  • Bonsai Express
  • New Deli menu

Some where I heard a new water works will be coming on the Victory!! 2.0 style....

Upgrades_PLASTIC SEAT COVERS for the nudies! LOL

Trust me, we don't need 'plastic seat covers'. We're less likely to cause issues than, say, children in diapers in the pools and hot tubs - or on those same seats. Maybe get to know more about the lifestyle? We're friendly and open and a lot of fun.

Some where I heard a new water works will be coming on the Victory!! 2.0 style....

I can't find the thread now, but someone who was on the Victory a couple weeks ago mentioned that the area around the bottom of the water slides was roped off and work was being done during their cruise, so I think that is very likely.

Looks like it!! Are you on the BN boards?

Not yet, been a crazy holiday season. Going to log ion this weekend! I'm so excited for the cruise. I live in Miami and get to Haulover Beach quite often but this is my first Big bare Boat

My wife and i Sail Feb 12 on the Victory looking forward to seeing what is new to the boat after the dry dock

We will keep her ship-shape for you!

I will try to post something on all the changes before we sail on the 2nd.