Interior Cabins Layout

travellovers2

We are considering changing our balcony cabin on the Regal to our first interior cabin experience. We are looking at the cabins midaft and midship and found that some are sideways and the others are deep. This is the best way I can describe them.

I am wondering if the ones that are sideways get a lot of noise from the hallway when you're sleeping since it seems that the bed would be right next to the wall.

Anyone can help? Thank you.

Go to youtube, if it is okay to mention this site here... and type in Regal Cabins.

There are a couple of video tours there with those sideways cabins... which seem to feel more roomy, as there is no 'hallway' space.

Yes, the door does open right into the room. Not sure about how much one can hear hallway traffic.

One video shows how the extra berths are hanging on the wall in the cabins that can sleep more than two.

I would NOT recommend one of these. I would look for a cabin that only accommodates two.

We've booked those interior IA category sideways cabins 3 times on the Royal & Regal. They're quite popular & each time we accepted a reasonably priced upsell to a balcony cabin.

But I've researched the noise consideration & every post I've read from passengers in those cabins said there were no noise problems.

Here's a previous discussion which includes helpful information & photos. If there are only 2 of you, make sure to not get a quad cabin which has the closed upper bunks protruding from the walls.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=45399989&posted=1#post45399989

Here's a video of a quad cabin:

do a search on the this board for R522 Regal and you will find a post (titled something about extra berths) in which somebody gave me a link to a youtube video of that cabin. That's a sideways cabin. I don't think I would have liked it, but I got upgraded to a balcony.

I like regular inside (non-sideways) cabins better because 1) there is a hallway before you get to the sleeping area and 2) the closet is not split in half, meaning we can put a large suitcase on the floor flat. We don't usually unpack the little stuff.

We sailed in a sideways on Regal in 2015 and I am a light sleeper and hard to fall asleep if I hear noises....that being said my side of the bed was nearest the door and I slept fabulously! Didn't hear a sound unless of course someone was shouting or screaming as they went by but then again I can hear that in the deep/normal insides too if they are right outside the door. I would HIGHLY recommend the sideways rooms we LOVED IT...felt quite spacious. Still had room to walk between desk and bed even with our biggest luggage laying on the floor....heck I could have laid down on the floor next to it and DH could still have walked around.

I feel claustrophobic just by looking at that video :o
the sideways room is actually 9 sq f larger than a regular inside room.

The three of us are fine in the regular inside room, while the kid is small. Once he grows up and reaches my DH's height, we'll be cramped.

P.S. I've used ear plugs for about 9-10 years now because I am a light sleeper.