New and current weight watchers

I've lost 50 lbs (twice!) and WW has the right tools - tracking is the key. For no-utensil breakfast - there lots of "cold" recipes out there - if they have some type of oatmeal or granola try putting it dry in the blender before adding the ingredients - most have to sit overnight - then see if you can sip it...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

Greetings

I just started weight watchers on 10/20/16. I used a Groupon to try it out for 2 months. I would like to loose 20lbs for my upcoming Christmas/New Year cruise. I was kind of disappointed that I did good these past 3 days and have not lost a pound. I work at home and exercise about 30 minutes on my stationary bike. I also try to walk up and down the stairs at least 20 times a day. I am not good at drinking water so I keep a jug of water next to me at all times to sip on. Trying hard to do my eight glasses per day. I'm a bread lover and junk food lover:o and need to overcome these obstacles.

Any good advise to help me on my journey is much appreciated!

Gladys

Hi Gladys,

I have been on WW one month and have lost 12 lbs so far. Like you, I am NOT a water drinker. I tried doing the 8 glasses a day and at this point it takes me 3 days just to get through one gallon of water. I have bought the zero calorie water flavorings and that helps me when I DO need to drink something. I was up to a gallon a week of 2 % milk and other then 2 cups of coffee in the morning I might drink some at lunch and some a dinner. SO even though everyone will stress "drink water" to the max....I really have not and I still lost.

I also like bread and junk food. I have found that Thomas makes a plain thin bagel and with 2 tsp of land o lakes (whipped) butter. I toast it so the butter will melt and it gives me a small bread fix to start my day.

I highly recommend the weight watchers snacks like the triple chocolate brownie or the mint one. Now two things...it is worth 4 points and it is about a 1 inch by 1 inch square. But they are rich and perfect in the evening for a chocolate fix. Also "Skinny Girl" popcorn (made by Orville Redenbacher) are smaller bags of microwave popcorn that only take up 5 points. These are tricks for the "snack/junk food" cravings that I have found.

I am not a "cooker" so I have been doing the "Smart ones" frozen dinner that are only about 2.99 and lately they have a "buy 5 get one free" sticker on the box. They have the points right on the box and make my like easier!

Hope it helps and good luck!

Kathy

Kathy.....Thank you so much😊. With this advice I think I can do this. One thing in my favor is I have an addiction to egg beater omelets with spinach and mushrooms (2pts). Eat it almost every day including while cruising. Also tuna and spinach with light mayo (3pts). Now I will add your advice and loose before I cruise!

Sent from my SM-S902L using Forums mobile app

mommy4life, 1.8 is awesome!! Don't get discouraged. Keep plugging at it, before you know it 1.8 turns into 4 lbs then 6 etc.... Slow and steady wins the race. Last week I only lost .4 but that's ok it was still down and not up and it makes me more focused to do better next week. I'm not sure what you do for exercise but go up and downstairs for laundry a little more, get up on commercial breaks and prep snacks for the next day... Every lil bit helps. Six weeks ago I had a goal of 40 off by my Feb. cruise now I'm down to like 27 to go and the weeks have flown by.

Thomas high fiber plain english muffins 3 pts with sugar free preserves 0 pts and if you want egg beaters 0 points. Very low 3 pt breakfast. I am a big lunch eater and like a glass of wine in the evening so this helps to keep my points low for breakfast and allows me my goodies later

Have any of you heard about WW Inaugural "Rejuvenation Vacation At Sea" dream cruise to the Caribbean powered by WW? Ask your leaders about it. WW is cruising 5/6/17 on MSC Divina out of Miami for 7 day Caribbean cruise. The ports are Ocho Rios, Jamaica; George Town, Cayman Islands; Cozumel, Mexico; & Nassau, Bahamas. Meals will be served with SmartPoints listed, WW meetings with weigh ins, onboard activities such as cooking demonstrations, lectures, fitness classes, social hours & more.

I am not a leader. I'm just excited about this cruise.

This will be our first cruise and frankly I am a little concerned.

How about some tips on what works for you when you are on a cruise. I suspect some weight gain is inevitable but want to have some strategies and planning ready, to keep things reasonable. Thanks.

This will be our first cruise and frankly I am a little concerned.

How about some tips on what works for you when you are on a cruise. I suspect some weight gain is inevitable but want to have some strategies and planning ready, to keep things reasonable. Thanks.

I personally try not to worry about it too much on the cruise but just don't go hog wild. Enjoy what you want but keep your portions to a minimum, Eat the fruit and vegtables they help to fill you up. I love the caesar salad! Eat that verses the bread. You do a ton of walking on the ship and shore and that does help. Be careful of the fufu cocktails they are loaded with calories. Enjoy them occasionally but try to find low cal mixers or do light beer instead. Limit your deserts, you probably don't do desert at home after every dinner.

Thank you. Now I'm down @20lbs in 8 weeks. Congrats to you too! Do you do it online?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/quote

No I go to the meetings. It helps to keep me on track that way. You are rocking and rolling 20 down in 8 weeks yayy!!!. I think I could do better if I could go without wine for a week but that's another issue lol. This Feb. cruise is coming fast though. Today is the first of three thanksgiving dinners for me so it's going to be tough. We did the whole plate thing in our meeting last week that was a good visual and helped put the meal choices in perspective.

• 3 weeks later...

Robjame- this is what has worked well for me :). Always take the stairs. Also, try to have fruit as a snack before meals, and alternate drinks with water. And, always remember- just because it's on your plate, you don't have to finish it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I'm thinking of joining (rather rejoining) WW. I was in a few years back and lost 25lbs Got stuck in a rut and dropped out.

Now, not just for cruising but for health reasons, I need to take off some lbs and I thought I would return to WW.

I'm losing right now 5lbs but I'm thinking support is needed. Also, meeting are better for me. I tried online, that sucked for me.

Since they have a new program, I just wanted to get some feedback, thank you in advance.

I made lifetime several years ago then dropped out of the program. About 3 years ago I rejoined. The new program is great. You can eat so much food! I also think the meetings are of great value. They really keep you on track & you meet so many new friends.

As you may also know, WW is having a Rejuvenation at Sea cruise in May. It is for a week out of Miami. I'm thinking of it as an intervention. With all my cruises I really need the help to learn how best to manage on a cruise.

Love the new program! DH and I rejoined back in August after several years away from it. We never seem to be hungry now, and it's been fairly easy to stay on program. And, love their app! I hit goal last week, so it'll be interesting to see how the cruise goes in two weeks, and how much I gain ;). I'm not counting points on the cruise, but I'm also not going to stuff myself on purpose :)

Love the new program! DH and I rejoined back in August after several years away from it. We never seem to be hungry now, and it's been fairly easy to stay on program. And, love their app! I hit goal last week, so it'll be interesting to see how the cruise goes in two weeks, and how much I gain ;). I'm not counting points on the cruise, but I'm also not going to stuff myself on purpose :)

your input. You make it sound sensible. I said if I'm not losing on my own by March 1, I'm joining. I'm watching my intake and exercising.

I really appreciate you taking the time to answer. I have a 5 day cruise coming up on Feb 20, so we will see how it goes. I'll remember to come back...

• 1 month later...
Hi all' date='

I'm thinking of joining (rather rejoining) WW. I was in a few years back and lost 25lbs Got stuck in a rut and dropped out.

Now, not just for cruising but for health reasons, I need to take off some lbs and I thought I would return to WW.

I'm losing right now 5lbs but I'm thinking support is needed. Also, meeting are better for me. I tried online, that sucked for me.

Since they have a new program, I just wanted to get some feedback, thank you in advance.[/quote']

Hello

I am a lifetime member of WW at goal. I rejoined several times, but feel the new Smart Points program is better than the others even though I lost each time. I feel I am eating better and have more energy and less cravings. I am far from perfect and I need support. I go to meetings and I use the online tracker. The best part for me is their new Connect feature on the app. So much support. I have made friends all over the country inspiring and motivational.

Nancy

Poodleleena on Connect

• 5 weeks later...

Hello all....I joined WW in January and am Loving It!!! I have lot over 16 pounds, and 12 before I joined for a total of 28...woooot!!! I am cruising a short 4 nighter in May, 2017 and we are doing an Anniversary Cruise on Harmony in Oct, 2017 for a week. I am working hard to be at my goal by October cruise, and hoping the May trip does not set me back!!

This is my first time doing the WW Plan and it has been awesome. Looking forward to reading more pointers on how to survive the trip without collateral damage....Thanks!!

My husband an I rejoined in August after quitting maybe 8 years ago? :)

Me DW has been on WW (and it's changes) for years.

'Says she worries that I don'e eat enough.

However, she also says, " If it taste good, spit it out."

Food in the USA just tastes too good.