Winter sailing out of Baltimore

Cruising Sparty

We are considering a Journeys cruise on the Pride in January, 2020 with Baltimore as its home port. We have always cruised in the winter, but have always left from Florida, New Orleans, or San Juan. My better half is concerned about cold weather for the first and last sea days of the cruise.

For those of you who have cruised out of Baltimore, approximately how far does the ship travel overnight on sail away day and what sort of temperatures can we expect on the first sea day. Likewise, how far north will we have to be on the last sea day in order to make it back to Baltimore for debarkation? I love the itinerary, so I am hoping we are able to book this cruise. Thank you in advance for any helpful feedback you can provide.

We are considering a Journeys cruise on the Pride in January, 2020 with Baltimore as its home port. We have always cruised in the winter, but have always left from Florida, New Orleans, or San Juan. My better half is concerned about cold weather for the first and last sea days of the cruise.

For those of you who have cruised out of Baltimore, approximately how far does the ship travel overnight on sail away day and what sort of temperatures can we expect on the first sea day. Likewise, how far north will we have to be on the last sea day in order to make it back to Baltimore for debarkation? I love the itinerary, so I am hoping we are able to book this cruise. Thank you in advance for any helpful feedback you can provide.

Try following a current Baltimore departure on a cruise ship tracking site. Like if it leaves at 4 in the afternoon, check at 10pm and then during the next morning.

We left over Christmas one year and the pool was covered for the first two days. By the evening of the first sea day it was warmer and by the time we woke up for the second sea day we were in Florida weather. But, like another person posted Florida is currently getting snow so guess you can never really tell....

I did not like having the last day before we got off the ship being cold though, but if you like the itinerary I'd manage with it.

Our experience on a previous Journey cruise in January out of Baltimore (and I expect it to be the same on the cruise next week) is that the first 2 days are cold (embarkation day and the first sea day) and the last 1-2 days are going to be cold.

We sailed from Baltimore on 4/15/16 and we had 2 days at the front and back of our cruise where it was too cold to be outside. My hubby wants hot weather as we're escaping Wisconsin winter so I'm not allowed to book from Baltimore again :D

I sailed from Baltimore in Jan 2017; the day before the cruise I was walking around the harbor area without a coat. But then next day for sailaway it was cold and rainy. So who knows? ;p I say go for it. Like others said, they close the cover over the main pool area, so you don't really miss anything.

You should be concerned.