Tampa Hotels

ladyray

Flying in the day before our Paradise cruise and was wondering what the best hotel would be to stay at that night before.. not familiar with the Tampa area[emoji849] THANKS!!!:D

We have stayed twice at Hampton Ybor City, walking distance to food, some shopping and entertainment. Last month we stayed at Hilton Downtown and took the streetcar over to Ybor City. Hampton has a free shuttle to the ship on embarkation morning. Hilton has a company they recommend for 5 a person.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have stayed at the Weston Tampa Waterside and the Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk. Both are nice and a little on the expensive side, but not bad. Both are in sight of the port, but a little too far to walk.

I preferred the Weston.

The Sheraton had great views and a good restaurant, but also had incredibly loud doors so we didn't get as much sleep as we wanted. This time was not the guests fault, you literally could not close the doors quietly.

If you have the cash the Hilton Garden Suites in Ybor cannot be beat. It is seriously one of the best hotels in the area and right down the road from the port (Streetcar takes you maybe 10 minutes to get there).

You're in the middle of historic Ybor which is beautiful and historic in the daytime and a party like none other at night. It's also a lot safer than it was the previous decade with the closing of two clubs that were bringing in a criminal element.

Depending on when you're coming in check out the Tampa Bay Lightning schedule and see if you can go to a game. You can get tickets for cheap and I have yet to recommend that arena to someone who didn't absolutely love every aspect of it. Sports fan or not there is something about the Tampa Bay Lightning and Amalie arena that makes it an experience like none other. There is a reason ESPN ranked them the #1 Sports Organization over all in the United States.

If you don't mind traveling a little further out (Getting a taxi or scheduling a shuttle) I would recommend looking in the Brandon area as the hotels are cheaper (You will be less than 20 minutes away from the port by taxi or shuttle, about a 6 mile drive down Adamo). The Westfield Mall is huge with a lot to do, there is a massive movie theatre, and every casual and casual upscale restaurant you could ever want.

I used to work at a Seafood restaurant a bit further out that is absolutely amazing if you're bringing your own car and transportation.

EDIT: Annnnnd you said you were flying in. My mistake. Oi.

Edited by IrritatedEllipses
Didn't read the original post and thought a car might be a possibility.

Westshore is near the airport and a shopping mall plus several dining options and nearby grocery stores for last minute items. If a shuttle is not included a taxi to the port will be about $25, or Uber for about $15.

Rocky Point is popular with cruisers and there are several hotels there that offer both airport and port shuttles - Chase Suites , Hampton Inn, etc. plus nearby dining options.

There are also an Embassy Suites and a Marriott within a couple of blocks of the port in the Chanelside area.

Westshore is near the airport and a shopping mall plus several dining options and nearby grocery stores for last minute items. If a shuttle is not included a taxi to the port will be about $25, or Uber for about $15.

Rocky Point is popular with cruisers and there are several hotels there that offer both airport and port shuttles - Chase Suites , Hampton Inn, etc. plus nearby dining options.

There are also an Embassy Suites and a Marriott within a couple of blocks of the port in the Chanelside area.

Thanks. Looks like it will work. I wanted a place close to a place to eat and not too far from Total Wine.

We cruised on the Legend out of Tampa a while back. We stayed at the Embassy Suites. Enjoyed the hotel. Were able to easily take the streetcar to Ybor city, that is where we ate. Also able to walk to a Publix for last minute items.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

cruisin52 we stayed at the Barrymore a couple of years ago. It was a clean, basic hotel close to the Tampa Riverwalk, walking distance to a drugstore and several cute little nonchain cafes for breakfast. We were able to get an early checkin and a room on the 14th floor that overlooked the river. Oddly the hotel seemed to double as housing for students from a local college (saw several groups moving out the day we were checking in). We didn't have any problems from this but then we were cruising in December after school ended. The hotel also offered a free shuttle within a two mile radius so got a free ride to the port for a small tip to the driver.