Disappointed in Club Class

Mo_Cruising

Just off the Regal. Because we were in a full suite we were eligible for Club Class dining. One good thing was we didn't have to wait to be seated. That was virtually the only difference we saw between Club Class and Anytime dining. If there were any special presentations or dishes offered, we were not made aware of them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just off the Regal. Because we were in a full suite we were eligible for Club Class dining. One good thing was we didn't have to wait to be seated. That was virtually the only difference we saw between Club Class and Anytime dining. If there were any special presentations or dishes offered, we were not made aware of them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had a similar experience on CB in April. We were also in a full suite.

We had Club Class last month on the Grand. Our waiter told us the special each evening. It was mostly pasta..One night it was Steak Diane however the meat was precooked in the Galley then warmed with the sauce in the CG area.. Mine was over cooked twice.

The difference in price doesn't warrant the small perk especially if you're elite status. On a seven night cruise we could eat every night in a specialty restaurant and still pay less had we paid for a club class mini VS a regular mini. Since it comes with a full suite it might be a good perk but not if it costs extra as with a mini suite.

We had Club Class last month on the Grand. Our waiter told us the special each evening. It was mostly pasta..One night it was Steak Diane however the meat was precooked in the Galley then warmed with the sauce in the CG area.. Mine was over cooked twice.

Over cooked twice! I'd hate that.

I haven't experienced it yet, but I do have a full suite booked on several cruises next year. If it wasn't a full suite perk, I wouldn't pay the extra cost of a regular mini suite to a CC mini suite. As Cruzsnooze said, I'd rather book specialty dining instead of just basically having Any Time Dining with MDR menu and an extra pasta dish. Celebrity Luminae and RCCL Coastal Kitchen are really worth the extra money. Both restaurants have dedicated menus with upgraded steak, etc.

The only real benefit is true anytime dining with a dedicated wait staff. It seems Princess is having no problem selling the Club Class Mini Suites so, whether it is of value to most folks or not, it seems to be a successful ploy.

Was on the Ruby in a full suite this April. It was great to walk in and be sat immediately but when asked about the nights "special" the answer was always extra shrimp. Flambeed, sauteed, or in a sauce.

Wonder why some say there were no "special offerings" in CC for dinner and other say there were.... ??? :confused:

Could if be another procedure that varies based on the Princess cruise? :confused:

Based on the price difference & only the dining options being different than the elite benefits, Club Class won't be in our future. But for those willing to pay extra for CC features that's another option for them to consider.

We were on the Ruby in May and were upgraded to a CC mini. Since we had signed up for traditional dining before the upgrade, we decided to stay with it, since we enjoy meeting new people this way. The service in traditional dining was marginal. Our waiters were responsible for two tables of 8, two of 6 and two of 4. Dinner usually took about 90 minutes and quite often they got our orders mixed. One night we had an event that would have interfered with our dinner, so we decided to try CC. What a difference! The waiters told us of the specials each night, although I would have preferred if they had been written out. While we didn't have seat mates, the 2-top next to us was close enough that the four of us were able to talk. We didn't have to wait forever for our food to come. We enjoyed CC two more times during the cruise and decided that it was well worth the extra cost for a CC cabin.

The 'extra' dining option is at the discretion of the EC right now and based on what they have available on board. So if people are not ordering a lot of shrimp, guess what the extra option will be. I'm sure some ECs take it more seriously than others.

As far as I know the eventual intent was to standardize the extra items across the fleet, but it appears that hasn't happened yet.

I haven't experienced it yet, but I do have a full suite booked on several cruises next year. If it wasn't a full suite perk, I wouldn't pay the extra cost of a regular mini suite to a CC mini suite. As Cruzsnooze said, I'd rather book specialty dining instead of just basically having Any Time Dining with MDR menu and an extra pasta dish. Celebrity Luminae and RCCL Coastal Kitchen are really worth the extra money. Both restaurants have dedicated menus with upgraded steak, etc.

Even booking Aqua Class on Celebrity with Blu as your MDR is money better spent. If it comes as a suite perk it's a nice idea to have the privilege of being seated immediately but I would book a sky suite on Celebrity before I would booked a mini suite on Princess. Celebrity offers more suite perks

We were on the Ruby in May and were upgraded to a CC mini. Since we had signed up for traditional dining before the upgrade, we decided to stay with it, since we enjoy meeting new people this way. The service in traditional dining was marginal. Our waiters were responsible for two tables of 8, two of 6 and two of 4. Dinner usually took about 90 minutes and quite often they got our orders mixed. One night we had an event that would have interfered with our dinner, so we decided to try CC. What a difference! The waiters told us of the specials each night, although I would have preferred if they had been written out. While we didn't have seat mates, the 2-top next to us was close enough that the four of us were able to talk. We didn't have to wait forever for our food to come. We enjoyed CC two more times during the cruise and decided that it was well worth the extra cost for a CC cabin.

This sure sounds like a further downgrade of the MDR rather than a new option with some additional perks. Club Class must meet the MDR standards of a few years ago. A shame.

Even booking Aqua Class on Celebrity with Blu as your MDR is money better spent. If it comes as a suite perk it's a nice idea to have the privilege of being seated immediately but I would book a sky suite on Celebrity before I would booked a mini suite on Princess. Celebrity offers more suite perks

We had a full suite on Celebrity Infinity and loved the food in Blu. But last summer, on the Silhouette, we were in Aqua class and the food in Blu was mediocre. We tried the MDR about halfway through the cruise and liked it much better (especially escargot every night). Won't spend extra for Aqua ever again.

Club Class must meet the MDR standards of a few years ago. A shame.

Sure seems to be how it appears.

I'm trying to remember the last time I saw a waiter on Princess pull out a 'crumber' to sweep the table-cloth.

This sounds like they took some staff away from traditional dining to accommodate CC class. I did a mock booking for my 7 day cruise and it was an additional $500 per person between a regular mini suite and a CC mini suite. The rooms were one door away from each other. For that amount of money I can afford to eat in the specialty restaurants, Chefs Table, have a balcony dinner and still come home with change from the $1000. I can't imagine what it would cost for CC on a longer cruise.

I'm trying to remember the last time I saw a waiter on Princess pull out a 'crumber' to sweep the table-cloth.

In fairness, I have seen fewer and fewer crumbers in land-based restaurants, too.

They sure pulled them out in May when we were on the Coral! I was really surprised! I just cannot say anything negative about our CC experience. We met lots of new folks in CC and really enjoyed just sitting in the dining room after dinner with drinks or an Irish coffee and chatting.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums