Sip n' Sail coming back June 20th

DrivesLikeMario

T

"A daily limit on alcoholic beverages will apply".

Hopefully we'll learn on Tuesday which is correct however to me the Princess statement in their T&C is more credible than what any CSR tells us. If that statement was in error, it should corrected before passengers book this offer so they are properly informed about the AIBP benefit.

If that's true then sharing would have to be tolerated. ;)

All of this talk because of a purported copy of a flyer !! My Princess Vacation Planner told me last week that she has never seen a flyer that shows a limit on drinks with AIBP or sip N sail

All of this talk because of a purported copy of a flyer !! My Princess Vacation Planner told me last week that she has never seen a flyer that shows a limit on drinks with AIBP or sip N sail

Well I guess we will find out tomorrow.

Trouble with Princess a lot of time you cannot get accurate or real time information. You can call and get someone who doesn't have a clue whats going on. To a lesser degree that includes some supervisors. Of course sometimes you call and you get a very knowable person.

There is nothing purported about the copy of the flyer and the T&C which are from the Princess travel agent center website. :rolleyes:

Apparently your PVP needs to read the Princess statements which repeatedly says that there's a limit on alcoholic drinks with the S+S AIBP.

Like a previous post, just because one Princess CSR or a PVP states there is no limit doesn't make it factual. They are too often sources of misinformation and Princess written statements are more credible to me than verbal statements from their employees who are too often uninformed.

Hopefully by tomorrow when S+S is available there will be a definitive answer and that PVPs & CSRs provide accurate information that is based on what Princess states and not on their agents understanding of an alcoholic drink limit which could be wrong.

Either Princess written statements are wrong or the verbal statements by a couple of Princess agents are wrong. I believe it's those couple of agents who are wrong because it conflicts with the current Princess written statements.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Today I received an e-mail notice from another TA site and they indicated that the sip and sail will indeed start tomorrow.

Here are the details they listed as well as the fine print (They do list a daily limit)

Sip + Sail is on the horizon

Whether it's a tropical cocktail in the Caribbean, a New Grounds cappuccino in South America, a glass of wine in the Mediterranean or a beer in Alaska, drinks complement the cruise experience.

During Sip + Sail, you will savor:

• FREE All-Inclusive Beverage Package‡ when booking a balcony or above
  • FREE Unlimited Soda & More Package†† for additional guests in your stateroom
  • FREE Specialty Dining‡‡ when booking a mini-suite or suite through July 5!

Sale begins June 20.

Promotion Dates

Specialty Dining Offer:

June 20 - July 5, 2017 ONLY!

Sip + Sail:

June 20 - August 31, 2017

Voyages

Cruises & Cruisetours, sailing Summer 2018 - Spring 2019

*Princess Cruises may modify, amend or update the Terms and Conditions of this promotion at any time with or without notice to guests. A daily limit on alcoholic beverages will apply. The Terms and Conditions as published on the Princess Cruises website on the date of sailing will apply.

‡Free All-Inclusive Beverage Package applies to guests booked in a balcony stateroom or above, valid only for guests 1 & 2 per stateroom who are 21 years or older. The All-Inclusive Beverage Package price is $57.45 (US Dollars) per guest, per day and includes beer, cocktails, spirits and glasses of wine up to $10, all non-alcoholic beverages including bottled water, coffee, tea, and espresso specialty drinks, with a pre-paid 15% gratuity included for these items. The package includes the additional benefit of a 40% discount on bottles of wine under $100 (gratuity not included on wine bottles). A daily limit on alcoholic beverages will apply. Guests 1 & 2 who are under 21 will receive the Unlimited Soda & More Package. Package type will be assigned prior to sailing based on age of guest. In the event that the guest does not want the All-Inclusive Beverage Package, alternative OBC amounts have been designated. Guests booking sailings 6-9 days can receive $150 per guest. Guests booking sailings 10-12 days can receive $200 per guest. Guests booking sailings 13 or more days can receive $250 per guest. Mixing and matching the All-Inclusive Beverage Package and OBC is not allowed on the same booking. Both guest 1 & 2 must choose the same amenity. All-Inclusive Beverage Package terms differ on all Sun, Sea and Majestic voyages and Golden Princess voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand. Package is only available on voyages 8 nights and longer. Price is $59 (AUD Australia dollars). All-Inclusive Beverage Package includes all individual beverages priced up to $10 with the exception of voyages in Aust/NZ ($14) and China ($7).

††Free Unlimited Soda & More Package is valid only for guests 3 & 4 per stateroom. The Unlimited Soda & More Package includes tumbler with straw, fountain soda by the glass, Root Beer in the can, malt and thick shakes at the ice cream bars only, hot chocolate, fruit juices and mocktails, with pre-paid 15% gratuity included for these items. In the event that a guest does not want the Unlimited Soda & More Package, no substitutions will be offered. Beverage packages are applicable to voyages and cruise fares advertised in this promotion only and are not applicable during the land portion of cruisetours. Beverage packages do not include souvenir items (other than the tumbler for the Unlimited Soda & More Package), room service, vending machine or mini-bar items. Beverage packages may be used on a single voyage only, are not redeemable for cash at any point during the cruise and expire at the end of that voyage. Offer is not transferable, is not combinable with other select offers or other onboard credits and does not follow guests who change promotions prior to cruising.

‡‡Free Specialty Dining voucher is applicable to voyages and cruise fares advertised in this promotion only, valid for guests 1 through 4 in a Mini-Suite or Suite Stateroom, and is not applicable during the land portion of cruisetours. Princess Cruises reserves the right to pre-assign Specialty Dining times and venues. Voucher may be used on a single voyage only, is not redeemable for cash and expires at the end of that voyage. Single stateroom guests will receive ONE specialty dining voucher. Guests 1, 2, 3 & 4 must dine at the same table at the same reserved seating. Offer is not transferable and may not be combinable with other select offers or other onboard credits. Specialty Dining offer is applicable to bookings made in the first two weeks of the sale only, June 20 -July 5, 2017.

* Fares apply to minimum lead-in categories on a space-available basis at time of booking. Fares for other categories may vary. Fares are per guest, non-air, cruise- or cruisetour-only, based on double occupancy and apply to the first two guests in a stateroom. Offer is available to residents of the 50 United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Bermuda and the District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older and receive this offer. Fares quoted in U.S. dollars. Offer has limited space regardless of cabin availability. Other exclusions may apply.

Low deposit of $100 USD per guest made under Sip + Sail is refundable.

Please refer to princess.com/sale for terms, conditions and definitions that apply to all bookings.

Specialty Dining offer valid: June 20 - July 5, 2017.

Sip + Sail offer valid: June 20 - August 31, 2017.

Reference promotion code: N6-. Campaign code: SE7MD109A

Note: For assistance reserving a wheelchair-accessible stateroom, please call

©2017, Princess Cruise Lines, Ltd. Ships of Bermudan and British registry.

So what is the limit - it could be 10, 20, 50 100. There is no way to tell from what the TA sent you what the exact promo is - do TA's not even know although they are supposed to be able to offer the promo starting tomorrow ? Has anyone asked what the limit is ?? There was one mention of 12 earlier in this thread but that was on a different promo from a specific TA group.

Also note the language when it says whatever the T&C's on the Princess website are at the time of your sailing will apply - I take it to mean that you really do not know what you are getting when you take this offer. Every other time I have taken this promotion it has been unlimited

A cruise with a stop at Princess Cays I believe is the only time they need the sticker because they don't have readers. At least it was that way last April.

We really enjoy the AIBP and even better if the Sip n Sail works out as the best option.

Can you use your AIBP at Princess Cays?

Yes it is posted online but it doesn't start till tomorow. Person at Princess said the price of the cruises could also change.

I hope this works for us

Just added it to an existing booking. No increase in price. Only difference is now I have the complimentary package. I received a new booking confirmation and a special services confirmation with the AIBP on it. Quick and easy- two minutes on the phone.

Yes it is posted online but it doesn't start till tomorow. Person at Princess said the price of the cruises could also change.

I hope this works for us

It is open NOW. I just created a booking with it.

Sip and Sail has already started! You can book now.

Thank you so much for the "heads up". I called about a half hour ago and had Princess add the promotion to two of our future cruises. My pricing and confirmation number stayed the same. Doing a "happy dance" now.:hearteyes:

Booked already for June 2018 Alaska cruise, tried to re-book with sip and sail ( through person at princess) and my price increased!! So, no sip and sail for me[emoji853]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just added it to an existing booking. No increase in price. Only difference is now I have the complimentary package. I received a new booking confirmation and a special services confirmation with the AIBP on it. Quick and easy- two minutes on the phone.

I just tried with an existing booking and was told to call back tomorrow!

I just tried with an existing booking and was told to call back tomorrow!

That's what I was told also. However, since I had seen several people post that they had booked already, I called back and spoke with a different agent. I was able to rebook all of my future cruises to Sip and Sail, and they all kept the same price. If you don't like the answer from one Princess agent, hang up and call back. The next agent may have a different answer.

Can you use your AIBP at Princess Cays?

Yes.

The regular soda package does not apply at Princess Cays because that package is only for fountain soda and they only have canned soda at Princess Cays.

The AIBP will apply since it can be used for soda cans and for any other beverage that costs $10 or less.

Very nice! So far I haven't found a single itinerary that I'm interested in doing :(

Bummer! Looks like you've been everywhere though. I'm still working on that! Ours is an Alaska itinerary out of SF 9/2018. We don't have to fly anywhere so that will be kind of nice.