Majestic Princess- what is different?

Celiac Cruiser

I am considering a New Zealand cruise on the new Majestic Princess. In reading the reviews, the most common excuse for discontent is "ship is designed for the Asian Market". I am an American but love Asian food. Can anyone explain what exactly is different because the ship/staff is designed for the Asian Market?

Thanks!

Here is is a promotional video for the Majestic:

Looks like more high end shops e.g. Prada, Cartier, etc.

More gaming space, my ancestors played mah jong

Karaoke lounges

Less lounges/bars

A grill that serves lobster and burgers/fries

We booked NZ for Mar 2019 and Fiji, New Caledonia, Vanuatu for Sep 2018. Excited to be on a new ship for a change. Not at all interested in sailing on the Sea, Sun, or Golden.

I didn't find that many differences other than some of the bars were removed for shops or restaurants.

Crooners is La Mer french restaurant (and I didn't see more than 2 tables a night dining there--it is a little odd with placement). That said, I think they could EASILY convert it to a bar if they find that the restaurant is not being booked as they hoped during the other sailings.

The bar service that is normal in lounges like Vista and Princess Live! are not there (they don't have a bar within the lounge and I only saw a server once during stuff like karaoke and trivia held in the lounges).

I did like that the Sanctuary is a "free" spot on Majestic. They do have some nice cabana spots you can pay for within the area, but anyone is free to enjoy the space.

While I love my Prego pizza on the Lido deck (and it is not the same as Alfredo's, in my opinion...I like Prego much better), it was a pleasant change to have the noodle bar and dim sum areas. They still served hot dog/hamburgers out of the dim sum grill while in the Med. I'm not sure if they will continue that in Asia, but I imagine they will when they go to Australia/NZ.

There is a new concept Harmony Chinese. Those that went seemed to like it. We did not end up going. It's a little too authentic for us. lol. I did miss Sabatini's but again, it wasn't a huge deal for us. I like that they are doing something different and for one cruise, that's fine for me.

We likely won't sail on Majestic again due to some of the changes, but not because it was bad. It was great to experience once and a nice change from the old normal, but I do like the normal offerings that I am used to seeing.

I am considering a New Zealand cruise on the new Majestic Princess. In reading the reviews, the most common excuse for discontent is "ship is designed for the Asian Market". I am an American but love Asian food. Can anyone explain what exactly is different because the ship/staff is designed for the Asian Market?

Thanks!

As others have posted, Crooners has been converted to a French restaurant. In addition, Club 6 has been converted to a VIP Gaming space. To provide the late night space lost with Club 6, the Retreat Pool has been changed to the Hollywood Pool Club with late night entertainment. Posters have stated that the only chairs are the lounge chairs by the pool which is not the best. Mahjong tables have been added to the Vista Lounge to convert it into the Vista Gaming Lounge although there is apparently still entertainment offered there. The shops appear to be stocked with high end merchandise.

A lot of minor tweaks but the loss of the bars in Club 6, Crooners and the Vista Gaming Lounge would appear to make it more difficult to get a drink on board [emoji33]