All booked

FraserK

Hi Kat, sorry I have missed your previous postings. Where are you going and on which ship? Wherever and which ship, I am sure your husband, and you, will get hooked on cruising. We have been most P & O ships and never had a bad experience. We are back on Azura for the third time in February and are already excited. I hope you and your husband have a brilliant time and continue to cruise.

Going on the Scandinavian & Russia cruise. Been trying for years to get my hubby to agree and at last we have booked our first cruise. So excited - cannot wait. I will probably have tons of questions to be answered by all of the experienced cruisers.

Thanks again

Kat

I have heard of so many hubbies saying they don't want to cruise....I'll be bored... and that they don't want all that "messing of having to dress up"....then they try a cruise...guess what...they love cruising....not bored at all and actually quite like the "messing of having to dress up" and very quickly become hooked on cruising. I am sure you will have a wonderful time....first cruise is magical.

Think you could be right...today..."Do you think I should take my kilt?"

If you are going from Southampton I would definitely take your kilt. I wouldn't take mine on a Fly-Cruise just because of the weight but if you reckon your within the weight allowance then go for it. Enjoy your cruise.

I have heard of so many hubbies saying they don't want to cruise....I'll be bored... and that they don't want all that "messing of having to dress up"....then they try a cruise...guess what...they love cruising....not bored at all and actually quite like the "messing of having to dress up" and very quickly become hooked on cruising. I am sure you will have a wonderful time....first cruise is magical.

exactly what happened to me

It was the other way round for us. My husband thought I'd be too bored and we'd never cruise again, but from the minute we stepped onboard the magic got me. We both loved it and endless cruises later we still love it

It was the other way round for us. My husband thought I'd be too bored and we'd never cruise again, but from the minute we stepped onboard the magic got me. We both loved it and endless cruises later we still love it

Hi....yes it isn't always hubbies who drag their feet.. I have a friend...in her 70's....who always go to the Greek Isles every year....sometimes 2/3 times in the year.... they took their 8 year old grandson for a week's holiday in a small B/B and it cost them £3000 for the week with having to eat out. Taken aback I just said that for £3000 I could have a cruise for that much but she came back with the answer that she would not like a cruise..all that dressing up....going for meals at a set time etc etc. When I tried to explain that it didn't need to be like that at all she still insisted that she wouldn't like a cruise.

Now I am not saying that there is anything wrong at all with the Greek Isles....each to their own....but how can anyone know they won't like it until they have tried it.

Exactly!!

He is talking a lot about it so who knows I may get on a second, third.......

That is definitely a very positive sign...he is starting to open his mind up to "this cruising lark" and that it may not be a bad thing after all.

Second, third......cruise ....every chance. When you(he) realise what you get for your money and that makes them such good value there may be no holding you(him) back ;p