Escape arriving early to Nassau for Med Evac

jcann4444

I kind of wish this had been us last week, even though we are not Nassau fans. We discovered last week, however, that we are definitely not fans of GSC.

Coincidentally, we had an ambulance meet us when we arrived in Nassau last week as well.

Enjoy the last days of your cruise!

I kind of wish this had been us last week, even though we are not Nassau fans. We discovered last week, however, that we are definitely not fans of GSC.

Coincidentally, we had an ambulance meet us when we arrived in Nassau last week as well.

Enjoy the last days of your cruise!

What didn't you like about GSC?

What didn't you like about GSC?

I will preface this by saying that we were on the Escape and another ship was in with us (Sun?), so there were tons of people there. I knew this ahead of time and we were grateful that we had a small cabana booked, so we did have a place to retreat to during the day.

1. The crowds were ridiculous -- no place to sit by mid-morning at our beach (the third beach from the pier). People were carrying chairs from one section of the island to another.

2. We disliked the lack of pathways. The only place we came across them was in front of the cabanas. Walking in the sand is difficult for my husband because he is color blind and has some issues with depth perception. There was a lot of rutted sand with dropoffs near where they are building the new zipline tower.

3. Our biggest issue was the tenders. We left our cabana at 3:45 and went straight to the tender. We left maybe a half an hour or 40 minutes later (we didn't get back to our cabin until 4:50). People on the tender were waiting for 45+ minutes on the top deck with no water and no protection from the sun. I talked to a woman the next day who got on a tender around 1:30 and people had been waiting an hour. I understand that they want to wait until the tenders fill, but sitting in the hot sun with no protection and no water is not my idea of a good time.

4. We didn't like how difficult/rocky it was getting into the water. I had done enough research to know to bring water shoes, so that was a help.

I will say that the only other private island we have been to is Harvest Caye, so I don't have a lot of experience with them. I'm very glad we experienced GSC and I can see why people love it. It just wasn't for us. I think even with only one ship using the island, we still wouldn't make the trip simply because of the horrid tender situation.

I will preface this by saying that we were on the Escape and another ship was in with us (Sun?), so there were tons of people there. I knew this ahead of time and we were grateful that we had a small cabana booked, so we did have a place to retreat to during the day.

1. The crowds were ridiculous -- no place to sit by mid-morning at our beach (the third beach from the pier). People were carrying chairs from one section of the island to another.

2. We disliked the lack of pathways. The only place we came across them was in front of the cabanas. Walking in the sand is difficult for my husband because he is color blind and has some issues with depth perception. There was a lot of rutted sand with dropoffs near where they are building the new zipline tower.

3. Our biggest issue was the tenders. We left our cabana at 3:45 and went straight to the tender. We left maybe a half an hour or 40 minutes later (we didn't get back to our cabin until 4:50). People on the tender were waiting for 45+ minutes on the top deck with no water and no protection from the sun. I talked to a woman the next day who got on a tender around 1:30 and people had been waiting an hour. I understand that they want to wait until the tenders fill, but sitting in the hot sun with no protection and no water is not my idea of a good time.

4. We didn't like how difficult/rocky it was getting into the water. I had done enough research to know to bring water shoes, so that was a help.

I will say that the only other private island we have been to is Harvest Caye, so I don't have a lot of experience with them. I'm very glad we experienced GSC and I can see why people love it. It just wasn't for us. I think even with only one ship using the island, we still wouldn't make the trip simply because of the horrid tender situation.

WOW I had no idea they ever put more than one ship at GSC- that's terrible- especially if one of them is as big as Escape. I've only been there on the Sky, so it's never seemed crowded at all- in fact almost TOO many chairs for the number of people. That stinks.

Wow - I was going to say has there ever been 3 ships there as I saw Escape, BA, and Epic but the Sun was there too so I guess I'd have to modify my question to 4 ships at the same time.

They even took the time to back in.

Wow - I was going to say has there ever been 3 ships there as I saw Escape, BA, and Epic but the Sun was there too so I guess I'd have to modify my question to 4 ships at the same time.

They even took the time to back in.

I bet it must be very difficult to back those ships in. The Captain must have pretty big rear view mirrors.