When to Panic?

Keuka Lake Sailor

I booked an inside cabin on the August 12th QM2 voyage about 6 weeks (NY to Southampton) ago thru my travel agent and was told it had to be a guaranteed cabin. I was not happy especially when I did a dummy booking the next day on my computer and could have picked a cabin - they were not great choices but would have preferred Deck 13 over the insides on Deck 6 that are in front of Stairwell A. This morning my e ticket is still not available because of no cabin assignment. I have done a little research but could not find any info real current - it seems Cunard sometimes issues an e ticket with no cabin assigned but what about luggage tags?. Although I have sailed many times on the QM2, my memory fails me - it seems to me that in Southampton I had to show my e ticket before I could enter the terminal and had to show it inside the terminal in Brooklyn before I could go thru security. It appears that talking to my travel agent or calling Cunard direct will not help much but will do so in a few more days. First I thought I would for ask for advice here...................THANKS

I booked an inside cabin on the August 12th QM2 voyage about 6 weeks (NY to Southampton) ago thru my travel agent and was told it had to be a guaranteed cabin.

Take a look at this very recent thread which may or may not set your mind at rest: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2523818

I have been checking daily for weeks. We travel this Friday (4th august) and we have finally.got an allocation this afternoon but e-ticker and luggage labels saying not available as cabin has not yet been allocated. Apparently if labels aren't available you put your booking number/ name/ passport no.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

I booked an inside cabin on the August 12th QM2 voyage about 6 weeks (NY to Southampton) ago thru my travel agent and was told it had to be a guaranteed cabin. I was not happy especially when I did a dummy booking the next day on my computer and could have picked a cabin - they were not great choices but would have preferred Deck 13 over the insides on Deck 6 that are in front of Stairwell A. This morning my e ticket is still not available because of no cabin assignment. I have done a little research but could not find any info real current - it seems Cunard sometimes issues an e ticket with no cabin assigned but what about luggage tags?. Although I have sailed many times on the QM2, my memory fails me - it seems to me that in Southampton I had to show my e ticket before I could enter the terminal and had to show it inside the terminal in Brooklyn before I could go thru security. It appears that talking to my travel agent or calling Cunard direct will not help much but will do so in a few more days. First I thought I would for ask for advice here...................THANKS

Definitely call your travel agent. I would have done that the minute I discovered that it was possible to book a specific cabin online.

You're right that you will need to show your e-ticket first thing. Ticket checkers were in the lobby at the entry to the Brooklyn terminal when we boarded a few weeks ago. After the ticket checkers see your ticket and your passport, you go on to security. I remember the procedure well because we were behind the inevitable bumbler who couldn't find his ticket.

I'm sailing on Queen Vic also on August 12 and I also have a guarantee. My cabin hasn't been assigned yet either. Don't worry about it! The worse case scenario is you find out your cabin when you arrive. You do NOT have to have a boarding pass. It might take a few minutes longer when you arrive, but that's it. As far as tags, the porter will have your name and cabin assignment and get your tags then. The worst case scenario is your cruising on an incredible ship and a great time lies ahead.

• 2 weeks later...

End of story: got my booking confirmation on August 9th from Cunard thru my travel agent with cabin assignment, e ticket and luggage tags available the next morning. No upgrade except assigned a handicapped cabin which are much larger than the normal insides and in a satisfactory location. Sail tomorrow, the 12th, on the QM2. Thanks to all who said not to worry, helped a lot ...................................