Anyone been on escape to Bequia or coastal cruise and pirate treasure hunt trips?

Mrs applehead

Trying to decide which is best to go on with our 3yr old.

Can anyone tell me anything about either trip

Thank you x

Trip to Bequia takes about just over 1hr 15min, Bequia is beautiful , however the boat ride to and from Bequia can be very rough at some points and especially on the return journey with the rum punch flowing freely there could be quite a lot of noise.

I've been on a trip to Bequia, but not with P&O, this was a good few years ago with Fred Olsen, our very first cruise. I would agree with what's been said about the boat trip - it is quite a long trip and it can be very windy and rough. I'm not sure I would take a three year old on such a trip, in fact, thinking about it I definitely wouldn't. As Helen also says it can get very rowdy on the way back to the ship - even on Fred Olsen!

Trip to Bequia takes about just over 1hr 15min, Bequia is beautiful , however the boat ride to and from Bequia can be very rough at some points and especially on the return journey with the rum punch flowing freely there could be quite a lot of noise.

Great fun though Pat. Booked it for the third time for upcoming Britannia cruise:D

Great fun though Pat. Booked it for the third time for upcoming Britannia cruise:D

Hello my friends hello.

Nice memories of our trip to bequia ,yes we are also going there in December on Azura .Have you replaced th Adonia cruise yet We haven't, however we are on Discovery 2 in April for 18 days Jamaica-Key West ,Bahamas, Bermuda ,etc. Then three days sailing to Med,Lisbon,Spain, etc ending up in Palma and flying home to our local airport only 3hrs flight back to our local airport. ;p

The Bequia cruise was a little too much fun the last time we went. One passenger drank so much they had to be wheeled back on the ship in a wheelchair, another fell over and broke a limb - they missed the boat and had to fly home. An accompanying crew member had a bit too much themselves and had a minor injury. It was a complete mess.

Good fun for those that survived though - not ideal for small ones. To be honest i expect the tour company got an ear full from P&O, i expect they might have tamed things down since then.

Hello my friends hello.

Nice memories of our trip to bequia ,yes we are also going there in December on Azura .Have you replaced th Adonia cruise yet[emoji780] We haven't, however we are on Discovery 2 in April for 18 days Jamaica-Key West ,Bahamas, Bermuda ,etc. Then three days sailing to Med,Lisbon,Spain, etc ending up in Palma and flying home to our local airport only 3hrs flight back to our local airport. ;p

Nothing booked yet Pat. Like you we have been looking elsewhere. You will have to let us know how you find Thomson. We have heard good reports from last winter in the Caribbean but heard the AI package has reduced the no of waiters onboard

Sent from my iPhone using Forums