'THE BAGGAGE HANDLING COMPANY' has anyone used them - Southampton drop off/pick up?

DT_PB_all_at_sea

I have never done a New Thread before.....patience if it goes haywire, thanks.

We will be sailing with Cunard M820C 3 June - Southampton-Southampton - and are going to use the baggage handling company 'The Baggage Handling Company' to take the bags to the ship and pick them up on our return as we find the handling of the bags becoming increasingly hard - as we travel to Southampton by rail etc.

The question is: has anyone used them and is there anything we should be aware of - hints - cautions etc.

http://www.thebaggagehandlingcompany.com

Thanks, David

Frequent customer here. They do exactly what they advertise in a friendly and efficient manner.

They will collect bags from your home a few days before you sail and deliver them to the ship on the day. On the morning of arrival at the end of the cruise they will text or call you around 8am and let you know where their van is parked, it is usually close to the exit from the terminal, and when you hand the bags over the driver will tell you which day they will be delivered.

M-AR

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Could you use them to pick up from home if you are waiting for your stateroom number to be advised last minute or even only when you arrive at embarkation?

Hello, we are on a Cunard fare so had our cabin number. When I booked our bag pick up etc the person on the phone did say not having the cabin number when booking was not a problem as you can let them have it when its allocated. However that my be a challenge if they allocate it after the bags have been collected.

Unless others have first hand experience I think you would be better calling them - they are very helpful:

http://www.thebaggagehandlingcompany.com

Bon voyage

Frequent customer here. They do exactly what they advertise in a friendly and efficient manner.

They will collect bags from your home a few days before you sail and deliver them to the ship on the day. On the morning of arrival at the end of the cruise they will text or call you around 8am and let you know where their van is parked, it is usually close to the exit from the terminal, and when you hand the bags over the driver will tell you which day they will be delivered.

M-AR

Hello, thanks for the feedback, which is much appreciated - first hand experience of a service is worth a lot of marketing. It seems odd to doubt the service but it is rather strange giving a company two weeks of luggage - I don't fancy a Trans Atlantic in the same embarkation clothes - nor would fellow passengers!

Thanks and happy future cruises. David

Oh wow that looks like a great option. I have never heard of them. Thanks for posting DT PB.

Could be an excellent option for my Cruise from Southampton next year. It looks cheaper than actually flying with them.

Hello, we sail early June and I will post an update about the service when we get back.

Happy future sailings - David

We have used them both to take luggage from our home to the ship and also to collect from the ship and return home - good service - no problems.

David

Hello, thanks for the comments - we have booked them for June and will re use them later in the year on our return. Odd thing giving a company two weeks of luggage!!! Did not fancy wearing same clothes for 2 weeks!! LOL.

Happy future cruises, David

M-AR

Hello, thanks for the info - we have booked them. It should be so much easier than taking so many bags across country by train.

Have some great future cruises, David

We have used them and been very impressed.

Last week as we disembarked QV they were inside the QE Terminal . At the Oceon Terminal they are usually near the zebra crossing just outside the terminal.

Hello, thanks for the advise - they are booked. Much appreciated.

David