Posted December 26th, 2012, 01:21 AM
Hi everyone! I'm a first time cruiser and need some advice. I originally wanted to go back in October, but plans fell through so now I'm aiming for May 2014. I'm in my upper 20s and I just have a couple of questions:
- I'll be porting from NYC and I'm torn between Norwegian Gem VS Carnival Splendor heading to East Caribbeans. Both are around the same in cost. How do the ship services compare? As in extra fees? 24/hr room service? Treatment of customers?
- My girlfriend gets car sick easily, so I'll assume she'll get seasick as well. What room locations are best? Back, middle, front? We are definitely getting a balcony room in the upper levels.
- Silly question, but I enjoy sleeping outdoors but hate being bitten by mosquitoes. I'm assuming there are none when we are out at sea, so is it safe for me to sleep on my balcony at night without encountering the blood suckers?
- Is everything in my room's fridge free?
- Is there internet in my room and is it included? I assume my phone will charge me a ton while at sea.
- How much extra charges do you usually incur after a 7-8 day cruise? I'm budgeting for an additional $600 for 2 people. Is that reasonable?
Thank you everyone!