Room Service

Sea Legs

I am aware that some selections on the room service menu has charges of $ 5 - $ 7, but that there are still some items that are at "no charge". Does anyone know what some of those selections might be? Mostly, I am curious about late afternoon snack, such as cheese/cracker platter.

I am aware that some selections on the room service menu has charges of $ 5 - $ 7, but that there are still some items that are at "no charge". Does anyone know what some of those selections might be? Mostly, I am curious about late afternoon snack, such as cheese/cracker platter.

Check out Carnival's room service menu here. The "for a fee items" are shown as " available at an additional charge" items. Hint...the items on a blue page are included except as noted by the alcoholic beverages without an additional charge while the items on the red page cost extra.

https://www.carnival.com/~/media/Images/explore/dining/menus/room-service-menu.pdf

I have not tried the items at extra cost, and there used to be some things on the room service menu that I loved, but now are gone, but the things that are still there, and only cost your tip to the person who delivers are;

The Blt is very good, as is the turkey sandwich. And the chocolate cake is excellent and so are the chocolate chip cookies. I'm sure there are other things delicious, but these are the ones that I have had and liked very much.

Check out Carnival's room service menu here. The "for a fee items" are shown as " available at an additional charge" items. Hint...the items on a blue page are included except as noted by the alcoholic beverages without an additional charge while the items on the red page cost extra.

https://www.carnival.com/~/media/Images/explore/dining/menus/room-service-menu.pdf

Do they have prices for the up charged items? $30 worth of chicken wings a day?

Thanks, Firemanbobwife! Very helpful to see the prices. I'm not going to risk ordering a Philly Cheese Steak anywhere that far from Philly or at least South Jersey, especially if it might wind up cold upon delivery, but I'm psyched about the sushi!

Thanks, Firemanbobwife! Very helpful to see the prices. I'm not going to risk ordering a Philly Cheese Steak anywhere that far from Philly or at least South Jersey, especially if it might wind up cold upon delivery, but I'm psyched about the sushi!

You're welcome! I think I'm with you on the Philly Steak. I'm not a sushi fan, so I can't tell you if it's decent or not.

I'm not a Philly Cheesesteak sandwich, but I did order it on the Paradise a few months ago and it was surprisingly good. Hot when delivered. Unfortunately, my favorite room service items are no longer served - shrimp salad on a hard roll was delicious and so was the steak and brie sandwich. Alas, no more:loudcry:

The grill reuben has been good in the past, I like to order the fries with it and that makes for a great snack. You get A LOT of fries for the 1.50 but be warned you could just get them form the Guys burgers when open for free.

I made the mistake of telling my 9 year old grandson when we go on Conquest 8/26/17 he could order food even at night now he is looking forward to waking up during the night to order food. He is the pickiest eater I know pizza and pb and j all 5 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm not a Philly Cheesesteak sandwich, but I did order it on the Paradise a few months ago and it was surprisingly good. Hot when delivered. Unfortunately, my favorite room service items are no longer served - shrimp salad on a hard roll was delicious and so was the steak and brie sandwich. Alas, no more:loudcry:

I also used to enjoy the shrimp salad on a roll, and another favorite of mine was the fajita wrap, gone too, or replaced by something for an extra charge.

Do they have prices for the up charged items? $30 worth of chicken wings a day?

The chicken wings are $5 per order so with three children eating them and ordering 2 each it was $30 plus the tip to the delivery person.

The other two grandchildren didn't care for wings so would order n/c room service items.

All five of the grandchildren loved getting room service (especially the wings) so my friends were glad to spend the extra money each day to keep them happy. :)

Ok but I saw this on Cruisemapper

Carnival Cruise Line offers plenty of choices for stateroom dining. A pilot program, originally on*Carnival Imagination,*Carnival Pride*and*Carnival Conquest*in 2015, has been expanded fleet-wide. It made premium items available for up to US$6. These include such offerings like shrimp, chicken wings, quesadillas, cheesesteaks, pizza.*Carnival Cruise Line joined NCL Norwegian which also charges a flat US$7.95 per order and Royal Caribbean which charges for some items.However, Carnival premium items, including sushi on cruise ships with a Bonsai dining venue, are offered in addition to such that remain complimentary. A wide range of items aboard Carnival Cruise Line's ships are still available at no charge, such as three salad choices, seven different hot and cold sandwiches, three desserts, eight beverages, and a Continental breakfast menu.According to the company, the expanded room service menu was designed to broaden and upgrade the culinary choices available for in-room delivery. A wide range of complimentary choices was still available, and the new fee-based options were simply intended to create greater choice and variety.Since 2016, Carnival has a new room service menu (still featuring free items - salads, cold sandwiches, breakfast selections, desserts) but also charges from US$ 1,50 to US$6 for some items (including quesadillas, shrimp, chicken wings /*tenders, pizzas, cheesesteaks, fries).Carnival Cruise Menus

Sent from my SM-G950W using Forums mobile app

Ok but I saw this on Cruisemapper

Carnival Cruise Line offers plenty of choices for stateroom dining. A pilot program, originally on*Carnival Imagination,*Carnival Pride*and*Carnival Conquest*in 2015, has been expanded fleet-wide. It made premium items available for up to US$6. These include such offerings like shrimp, chicken wings, quesadillas, cheesesteaks, pizza.*Carnival Cruise Line joined NCL Norwegian which also charges a flat US$7.95 per order and Royal Caribbean which charges for some items.However, Carnival premium items, including sushi on cruise ships with a Bonsai dining venue, are offered in addition to such that remain complimentary. A wide range of items aboard Carnival Cruise Line's ships are still available at no charge, such as three salad choices, seven different hot and cold sandwiches, three desserts, eight beverages, and a Continental breakfast menu.According to the company, the expanded room service menu was designed to broaden and upgrade the culinary choices available for in-room delivery. A wide range of complimentary choices was still available, and the new fee-based options were simply intended to create greater choice and variety.Since 2016, Carnival has a new room service menu (still featuring free items - salads, cold sandwiches, breakfast selections, desserts) but also charges from US$ 1,50 to US$6 for some items (including quesadillas, shrimp, chicken wings /*tenders, pizzas, cheesesteaks, fries).Carnival Cruise Menus

Sent from my SM-G950W using Forums mobile app

BUT YOUR SOURCE is incorrect. There is no surcharge on Carnival for room service, there are for pay items and you should include a tip for the person delivering the food to you, but no surcharge attached.