What's the best dining room on Sapphire Princess for anytime dining?

Tug10

I understand that when on Anytime dining on Sapphire, there are a number of different restaurants you can use. I was just wondering if there is a preferred dining room that people tend to use for better service etc although I know it's the same menu in each.

The reason why I ask is that when I previously sailed on Celebrity Eclipse, I was advised to use the left hand entrance so you were seated on the left as the service was better...after trying both sides this certainly was true & the service was wonderful.

We do love the MDR on Princess, no matter the ship. On Sapphire, they all had equally great service and food. One was not better than the other. Except for the one time we were seated in CC class in the Santa Fe Room. The service there was exceptional. But then....you pay for it with Club Class. We were only seated there for Anytime because all the other dining rooms had a wait, and for some reason the dedicated CC Dining Room did not.

We do love the MDR on Princess, no matter the ship. On Sapphire, they all had equally great service and food. One was not better than the other. Except for the one time we were seated in CC class in the Santa Fe Room. The service there was exceptional. But then....you pay for it with Club Class. We were only seated there for Anytime because all the other dining rooms had a wait, and for some reason the dedicated CC Dining Room did not.

Only a proportion of Santa Fe is club class. The remainder is Anytime. At least that is how it was in May.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Only a proportion of Santa Fe is club class. The remainder is Anytime. At least that is how it was in May.

I just returned. While I never tried to go to Santa Fe, it was marked in the Patter for Club Class.

I went to both Pacific Moon and Savoy. They seemed identical to me. I liked the host "Sharon" in Pacific Moon.

On June 16th it was ONLY Club Class. I guess if they don't have enough CC they open it up to Anytime.

Disclaimer: I haven't been on Sapphire since 2012, and I'm sure a lot has changed. I'm going to write this comment in present tense (so much easier that way), but it is past knowledge and may not be current. Still, I think it's worth knowing.

As we learned near the end of our 7-day cruise, each midship MDR has a theme. To go with that theme, each midship MDR has a "signature dish" that goes with that theme. It's not on the menu, so you have to ask what it is. It "never" changes, and is offered every night, but can ONLY be obtained in that MDR. Aside from that, the menu is the same in all four midship MDRs (and the 6/aft MDR which is TD only).

The same applied to the Diamond Princess, at least back in 2012. If that still applies, your best bet is to visit each MDR and ask what their dish is, then vote amongst your group for which one sounds best (or develop a rotation to try, etc.). These two ships had their midship MDRs subdivided into what I call "two half-width MDRs", so there are five MDRs but (about) the same square footage exists compared to the Grand-class ships.

Disclaimer: I haven't been on Sapphire since 2012, and I'm sure a lot has changed. I'm going to write this comment in present tense (so much easier that way), but it is past knowledge and may not be current. Still, I think it's worth knowing.

As we learned near the end of our 7-day cruise, each midship MDR has a theme. To go with that theme, each midship MDR has a "signature dish" that goes with that theme. It's not on the menu, so you have to ask what it is. It "never" changes, and is offered every night, but can ONLY be obtained in that MDR. Aside from that, the menu is the same in all four midship MDRs (and the 6/aft MDR which is TD only).

Just off the Sapphire. They no longer have the signature dish. I asked about it and the answer was - "we still have the pork chop but nothing else". It went away when the ship was chartered in China.

I have sailed many times on the Sapphire so I was familiar with the 4 different dishes (though they were available in any of the dining rooms as they shared the same kitchen).

• 3 weeks later...