JH and "VIP's" on the first three Horizon sailings

MaiTaiMary

John Head announced this morning that he will be on the first three Horizon sailings. He also mentioned there will be "VIP's", too. Any idea what kind of VIPs he's referring to? Just people important to Carnival, do you think or anybody the guests would recognize?

I’m so excited about this. We are on the third sailing. A few weeks ago he mentioned, when asked, that he would be on the first two for sure, but would try to be on as many as possible. I’m so glad that it’s now the first three. I really want to meet him.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm amazed by so much nastiness out here. I thought cruisers were supposed to be fun loving people.

I'm a fan of his too. I would love to meet him@

He's funny and he has an amazing job. Some of you with attitudes should just try to do his job just for a few days even..... might give you some clearly much needed perspective!

He was on our Vista cruise and I actually rarely saw him. He'd take videos in the morning on Lido deck, then pretty much disappeared. There were events in the theater with him and I thought he was very funny and wouldn't mind sailing with him again. I imagine at his age each year he asks himself if this will be the last before retirement.

He was on our Alaska Journey cruise this past Sept. He was out and about in the morning filming a video and other than a show or two he hosted that was it for the day. I personally like the fellow but do not think we would book a cruise just to see him.

We've sailed with John a few times on various Carnival ships.

It is truly amazing what a memory the gentleman has, between our first and second cruise with him there was a space of a few years. When we crossed paths on the second cruise, he immediately recognized us and still remembered our first names.

A very pleasant man and a wonderful human being.

So Hello John from Fred & Sonia (from Malta) if you read this thread.

I notice the comments about him disappearing - I imagine he's spending that time in conference calls and meeting with ship management. He also talks about how many hours he spends answering questions each day.

I work at a major hospital in the department that takes complaints. My job is training but I've covered for our staff who take complaints. Bless their souls - what a demanding and hard job. I can imagine it's the same for John.

I'm on the Horizon TA and the first cruise to Bermuda after that on 5/24. We're being allowed to stay on board the night of 5/23, where we can attend the big hoopla gala with Queen Latifah who is the godmother. I'm half excited...because Carnival doesn't seem to know what they are doing yet (what else is new) so once I have firm details about attending I'll believe it.;p;p lol

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=8440

We are on the second sailing and can't wait to see some of his shows! He is the only cruise director I can remember. He is so funny.

I'm curious what his roll will be on these sailings. Mike Pack will be the CD. I'm looking forward to meeting John and Mike Pack is the best CD I've ever sailed with. :D

I'm curious what his roll will be on these sailings. Mike Pack will be the CD. I'm looking forward to meeting John and Mike Pack is the best CD I've ever sailed with. :D

Mike Pack is excellent. John will host love and marriage game and perhaps do a Q and A and that will be about it.

If you want to see John out and about be around about 7 am other than that probably will not see him.

I recently met him on the magic this year. yes, he was sending live facebook feed. Then had a nice conversation with him while in line for coffee. I asked what he was doing later in the day and he mentioned he was presenting reflief effort funds to some children in San Juan. Seems like a classy person that is the social face of carnival. FWIW