Sky - Just off, Ask away

rflan22

I’m assuming the answer is no but, do you happen to know if the balcony cabins on the Sky have a coffee maker in the room? My husband is always much happier if he can have a cup of coffee before leaving the cabin �� I know we can order it through room service but we have been in the Haven or a suite on our 2 previous cruises in the last year and he has been spoiled by having a coffee pot in the room. Thanks!

I am pretty sure there is one. Can a more recent cruiser chime please?

I’m assuming the answer is no but, do you happen to know if the balcony cabins on the Sky have a coffee maker in the room? My husband is always much happier if he can have a cup of coffee before leaving the cabin �� I know we can order it through room service but we have been in the Haven or a suite on our 2 previous cruises in the last year and he has been spoiled by having a coffee pot in the room. Thanks!

Sailed in balcony cabin last week. No coffee maker. Sorry

Hi tomberly,

We were on the Sky 2/9/18-2/12/18. We were in a balcony on the 9th deck. There was a small single cup coffee maker in the room.

We had a great time on the Sky. On deck 7 there is a coffee bar that serves up the fancy stuff, but it isn't complimentary.

Enjoy the Sky, we enjoyed ourselves.

Regards

Vinegarjoe

Hi tomberly,

We were on the Sky 2/9/18-2/12/18. We were in a balcony on the 9th deck. There was a small single cup coffee maker in the room.

We had a great time on the Sky. On deck 7 there is a coffee bar that serves up the fancy stuff, but it isn't complimentary.

Enjoy the Sky, we enjoyed ourselves.

Regards

Vinegarjoe

Thank you for your help. We are also on deck 9 in a balcony. I’m so glad you enjoyed the Sky. We are very excited to be going on the Sky and visiting Cuba.

I did not see any sushi restaurant, but i was not actively looking for one either. So my assumption is no, but i could be wrong.

Quick general tips: Bring an extension cord for rooms, only 1 outlet in our oceanview room.

At GSC they use Tender Tickets, they announce that 1 person from each party should go to Dazzles to report their group size and receive their Tender time. However, if you go with your full group and are ready to get off immediately, they will put you on the next available Tender.

You could order sushi in the Plantation Club lounge on deck 12, next door to Cagney's. I don't care for sushi so didn't order any, but people at other tables did order it. Not sure how much it was or if you had to pay extra for it, but I'm assuming it wasn't free.

Not sure if they are still offering as it has been a few years since I was on the Sky but if memory serves me correctly, it was just some pasta and pizza. Nothing to get excited about. Definitely not the same as the dinner menu. Was complimentary.

At lunch, Il Adagio is pizza. Didn't see any other Italian dishes in there, just pizza.

We were in 9232 mid ship balcony cabin. No coffee maker in our room. Just got off the ship this morning.

That's a bummer. She made it sound like it was lunch portions of course, not the same as dinner menu, but she talked it up in a way that definitely sounded more exciting that what you're talking about.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Forums mobile app

Its like the buffet pizza and pasta but served in the Italian restaurant. The pizza you would get at the Italian restaurant is totally different and better than what they serve at lunch.

• 2 weeks later...

MDR was relatively casual, saw many shorts and polos. My wife thought the ship was cold so she normally wore pants.

I did see 1 guy get turned away wearing a sleeveless shirt.

No issues with spring breakers at all. I see i am responding after you have already sailed, interested if you had problems with anything?