Rome Cabs vs. Rome Cab

susiesailor

Has anyone used Rome CAB for a transfer? I have read a great deal about Rome CABS but can't find anything about Rome Cab(no S) It is also a limo service and they are a fair amount less expensive so just wondering if anyone out there has any info. Thanks.

Many times a very successful company will have others try to "copy" them

The copycat will pick a name very close to the original. They will have much lower prices and it peaks many peoples interest since transfers are expensive in Europe. I would imagine it is hard to get a new company up and running, but to copycat another company is not the way to go.

Just remember: You get what you pay for. Meaning that if one company is so much lower than ALL THE OTHERS...... then there is usually a problem. It would definately raise a red flag for me !

Stick with tried and true companies - especially in Europe where everything is unfamiliar and where you want things to go right.

I have not used romecabS yet but I have just booked 2 transfers with them.

If their transfer is half as good as the service we have received at the booking stage I will be very pleased.

They even give you a link to a video which shows you where to meet them at the airport. They also queried that I had said to pick us up from the ship at 5pm (we have an extension to stay on the ship for the day).

As texancruzer said, if another company is using a similar name they must be trying to copy what is a good company.

I have not used romecabS yet but I have just booked 2 transfers with them.

If their transfer is half as good as the service we have received at the booking stage I will be very pleased.

They even give you a link to a video which shows you where to meet them at the airport. They also queried that I had said to pick us up from the ship at 5pm (we have an extension to stay on the ship for the day).

As texancruzer said, if another company is using a similar name they must be trying to copy what is a good company.

We used romecabS (Stefano's company) as well, in May, and we were very impressed. "Johnny" was waiting for us at the airport, even though our plane was almost 2 hours late. He took us to our rental apartment in Rome, and when the rental agent wasn't there to meet us, he called her on his cell phone, and insisted on staying with us until she arrived. I thought that was service above and beyond.

We also used them for the transfer from Rome to Civitavecchia. Maurizo was our driver for that segment. He arrived early, helped us with our luggage, and, since he spoke very good English, gave us a running commentary all the way to Civitavecchia.

I can really highly recommend them.

We used romecabS (Stefano's company) as well, in May, and we were very impressed. "Johnny" was waiting for us at the airport, even though our plane was almost 2 hours late. He took us to our rental apartment in Rome, and when the rental agent wasn't there to meet us, he called her on his cell phone, and insisted on staying with us until she arrived. I thought that was service above and beyond.

We also used them for the transfer from Rome to Civitavecchia. Maurizo was our driver for that segment. He arrived early, helped us with our luggage, and, since he spoke very good English, gave us a running commentary all the way to Civitavecchia.

I can really highly recommend them.

How long did it take you to get from Rome to the port???? the couple I am traveling with has a tour the morning we leave and won't get back to the hotel until 11:00 or 11:30, but when I told Rome Cabs we had to be at the port no later than 3:30 they suggested a 11:00 am pickup time. Thanks for any and all input.

How long did it take you to get from Rome to the port???? the couple I am traveling with has a tour the morning we leave and won't get back to the hotel until 11:00 or 11:30, but when I told Rome Cabs we had to be at the port no later than 3:30 they suggested a 11:00 am pickup time. Thanks for any and all input.

It only takes about 1.5 hours max to get to Civitavecchia from Rome. Perhaps they thought you meant that your sailaway time was at 3:30....?

We also use RomeCabs for all our transfers. We went to Rome 3 times in 18 months. Our most recent trip was in April. That's a total of 6 airport/hotel transfers and a few tours.

I personally wouldn't even look elsewhere.

We also have a tour the morning of our sail...... Scavi reservations !!!

Romecabs is picking us up at 11:30 and we will be at the port by 1:00pm

On our cruise docs it says "boarding at 1:00 pm" altho they might board earlier. We have arrived at the port previously both times @ 1:00 and had maybe 8-10 people in line in front of us......very quick boarding.

We had an 11am pickup from the Campo di Fiori area, and we were checked in and in our stateroom by 12:30, for a Wednesday departure.

We had an 11am pickup from the Campo di Fiori area, and we were checked in and in our stateroom by 12:30, for a Wednesday departure.

I see your driver drove like a bat outta he## too. My dh was white knuckled the whole way..... I looked over our drivers shoulder one time and he was going 100 MPH !!!! :eek: Oh well, when in Rome.......

It only takes about 1.5 hours max to get to Civitavecchia from Rome. Perhaps they thought you meant that your sailaway time was at 3:30....?

Thanks, everyone, for the info. Cruisemom42, you may be correct that he thought sailaway was 3:30....that would make more sense. I would just as soon get to the ship by 1:00 and get on and eat lunch there rather than paying for a meal in Rome. We are in suites, so will get priority boarding (a first for me!)

I am very impressed with RomeCabs so far. They are very quick to respond...gives you a nice warm fuzzy feeling about them! As someone else said: you get what you pay for! I would rather spend a little more and not be all stressed out:)

I see your driver drove like a bat outta he## too. My dh was white knuckled the whole way..... I looked over our drivers shoulder one time and he was going 100 MPH !!!! :eek: Oh well, when in Rome.......

Are you sure that wasn't kilometers? (Which would be about 62 mph.) Us Americans are the only ones that still use miles.....

Thanks, everyone, for the info. Cruisemom42, you may be correct that he thought sailaway was 3:30....that would make more sense. I would just as soon get to the ship by 1:00 and get on and eat lunch there rather than paying for a meal in Rome. We are in suites, so will get priority boarding (a first for me!)

I am very impressed with RomeCabs so far. They are very quick to respond...gives you a nice warm fuzzy feeling about them! As someone else said: you get what you pay for! I would rather spend a little more and not be all stressed out:)

I prefer to stay in Rome (or any port) as long as possible before boarding the ship, but to each his own. ;) Have a great trip!

Are you sure that wasn't kilometers? (Which would be about 62 mph.)

It had to be 100 km/hr and if that is all he was going he would be considered slow. I believe the speed limit on most autoroutes is 120 km/hr. 100 mi/hr would be about 160 km/hr and a reputable driver and company would not allow that!

Not sure what it was....... but he was flying. The other couple we shared the ride with noticed it too..... We were passing EVERYONE else ! I guarantee it was more than 62 mph..... that is slow for a freeway. I even drive a bit over the speed limit here...... 75 mph or so.....but it was faster than that !!!!

Now that said, it was a ride share that I did not book, but rather joined others on.......so not even sure what company it was with. I do know that Stefano did not drive that fast. Needless to say, I book with him ever since.....

The REAL RomeCabS, owned by Stefano Costantini is the one WITH the "S" at the end. He is the ORIGINAL and REAL RomeCabs that has gained such a great reputation here and on TripAdvisor. Here are his contact addresses always answered by him or his office assistant Antonella:

Email

info@romecabs.com

Website

http://www.romecabs.com/

http://www.stefanorometours.com/

I am not only a client of Stefano/RomeCabs, but also a friend. Since first meeting him on our wonderful day in Rome, we have kept in touch. Stefano has been plagued by the copy-cat companies. Don't be fooled by these imposters. After my review on TripAdvisor, it was pulled because they thought it was a fake review. Talk about MAD.....I contacted the powers that be at TA, but they would not discuss it with me. I had spent a couple of hours writing it and was really angry when that happened. I don't post a lot, but I can't stand by and not speak up. If you have any questions, I will be more than glad to have you email me at dameatsea13@aol.com or a PM here.....LOL.....does CC uses private messages? See, I don't post much.

I am looking forward to seeing Stefano again in April when my small group of traveling companions will tour Ostia Antico, outside of Rome with him. We will have the all day tour and 2 transfers.

As far as the safe driving/speed issues.......we never felt anything but comfortable with Stefano or his drivers at the wheel. TRUE PROS!!!!

I'll even sign this with my real name.......Pat Wood.

We have also toured with Stefano, and to be honest he became the "bar" by which we judged every other driver/tour director for the rest of our three week trip... and nobody even came CLOSE to providing a) information, b) unique sights, c) a fabulous day. We even saw him the day following our tour as he dropped others off at the Vatican! He took care of our transfers from FCO to our hotel, the full day tour for six, and then our transfers to the ship.

Honestly, you cannot go wrong booking with him - his drivers will move heaven and earth to get you where you need to be, when you need to be there. And as scary as drivers are in Rome, I never, EVER felt unsafe with either Stefano behind the wheel or any of his drivers!

Edited to add that we are looking forward to another full day tour with him in April 2012 - knowing that we hit the tourist high spots on the last tour, he was full of good ideas for other things to do!

Edited by TinaLee

Not sure what it was....... but he was flying. The other couple we shared the ride with noticed it too..... We were passing EVERYONE else ! I guarantee it was more than 62 mph..... that is slow for a freeway. I even drive a bit over the speed limit here...... 75 mph or so.....but it was faster than that !!!!

Now that said, it was a ride share that I did not book, but rather joined others on.......so not even sure what company it was with. I do know that Stefano did not drive that fast. Needless to say, I book with him ever since.....

Speed limit in Italy, on the highway is 130 KM/Hour, drivers wont go faster then that because they can easily loose their license, many camera and radars.

There was a bad review over on TA from a guy who had used the WRONG company....Not Stefano's RomeCabS. I notice that he has now realized his mistake and has pulled that bad review and posted it with the name of the imposter company.....the one that deserved the bad review. He had a REALLY bad experience with them. If you are interested go here:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187791-i22-k4757747-Car_Service_Alert-Rome_Lazio.html#35493995

Maybe it is good that these discussions come up every once in a while to remind people that there IS a difference.

Happy Sailing.......I'm in drydock right now......no cruises on the horizon.....just my 19 day LAND trip to Italy in April......YAY!!! Pat

Edited by DameAtSeaII

I used ROME CABS with Stephano 3 times First transfer to Hotel Then to ship then back to airport All drivers were punctual courteous and professional I would use them again The other company I was told was not that reliable

Did this between Aug 6 and 22 this year

Edited by mmemichele

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from my Rome to Rome Med cruise. Based on recomendations here and on Trip Advisor I booked Rome Cabs for our 3 transfers: airport to hotel, hotel to pier and pier to airport. We were very happy with the service. When I returned home I had an email from Stephano which asked me to rate their service. I gave all "5's" but did add a comment that the car from the hotel to the pier was just a regular Mercedes sedan (my cousins were very impressed with the all Mercedes fleet) and we did have a little trouble fitting all our luggage. I thought that would be the end of that. I got a personal email apologizing and telling me that if that ever happens in the future to call him immediately or ask the hotel conceirge to call and he would have a van there right away! I wrote back to say that I really wasn't at all unhappy and he replied to that email also. He really, really wants his customers to be happy. I highly recommend Rome Cabs.

Stefano with RomeCabS cannot be beat! He's an excellent tour guide and works hard to give you exactly what you're looking for. Just communicate your expectations and he aims to please. Clean car, on time, and always prompt to get you from one spot to another. We will be using him again soon.

Don't know RomeCab - but suspect they are a counterfeit group trying to make a buck off Stefano's hard work.

We highly recommend Rome Cabs--from ease of booking online with Stefano to their friendly and professional drivers. We recently (August 2011) used their services to transport from Rome airport to Civitavecchia for a cruise. Guiseppi was at the appointed meeting place early and patiently waited while the second couples flight arrival was delayed.

On our return, the driver (Lucca?, sorry did not get his name clearly--but he was great) was waiting at the port immediately outside of the embarkation/luggage area and transported 8 of us and our luggage to the airport with a nice discussion of local wine production and other interesting conversation along the way.

Both drivers were very professional, drove safely and spoke English quite well. Stefano replied to my emails to set up the transfers within 24 hrs of my inquiries and contacted us upon our return home to make sure everything was satisfactory. When you are traveling, putting together a lot of different tours, transportation arrangements, etc, you want someone you can depend on and I think Stefano Constantini and his RomeCabs certainly is a company that I can highly recommend. Thank you Rome Cabs!

I also highly recommend Stefano's RomeCabs. We used him in June for our transfers from airport to hotel both ways and ship to hotel. The drivers were very professional and always there on time. We had used them 3 years ago with great success, so I did not hesitate to do so again and I was pleased that the service was still so great and the price reasonable. And it is so easy to book online. :D

Judi

Edited by hjpurcell

Last June we also used Romecabs (Stefano Costantini) for our Rome to Civitavecchia trip. Our driver, Gianluca, promptly picked us up from our hotel near the colosseum (Hotel Paba) and drove us to the port. He was very courteous, friendly and gave us his very interesting insights on Roman daily life through our one hour trip to Civitavecchia. If you want reliable service, go with Stefano's Romecabs!

Ariel