Britannia - sunbed situation

soobs

These photos are time stamped at 15.03 on Sunday 18th October 2015

As one is unable to personally verify the correctness of your camera settings, the settings are therefore taken as being as stated.

What is very noticeable, on zooming in, is the sartorial elegance of the people photographed, all being suitably dressed for a "Tropical" day on a P&O ship.

Edited by PORT ROYAL

We sailed the Caribbean on Britannia on her maiden season and the towels on sunbeds at dawn and the squabbling about sunbeds was really not very good at all, since then we have have stuck to the Azura where we find it a lot better (still a bit of an issue if you are not an early riser though) Anyway my question is has it improved at all as I am thinking of the TA back to Southampton with James M on board.

Just returned from Xmas cruise on Brittania, my only complaint was about sunbeds. First item on Horizon sheet was no reserving sunbeds but by 8 oclock on a sea day most had towels on them with no people in sight. I did put on questionare why are they waisting printing space if they are not going to implement rules. Apart from that cruise was fantastic.

Thank you Chrisbha think that has done it for me a TA back from the Caribbean has a lot of sea days and fighting for a bed is not my cup of tea

will look for other options as much as I would like to meet James M

Thank you Chrisbha think that has done it for me a TA back from the Caribbean has a lot of sea days and fighting for a bed is not my cup of tea

will look for other options as much as I would like to meet James M

Did transatlantic back from Caribbean in March 2016. Never once had to fight or struggle to find a sunbed.

• 2 weeks later...

thank you all for your replies we have decided to leave the March cruise I will have to live not meeting Jame M and do our usual pre-Xmas Caribbean cruise with less sea days the balcony rooms we can afford the balcony's are not big enough for sunbathing lovely to sit and watch the world go by though

We were on the Christmas cruise on Britannia and unless you wanted to be right next to the pool there was no issue finding a lounger. A couple of days it was full by the pool so I sat at a table instead and both times loungers became free with 15 mins so I was able to grab one. If you wanted more than a couple of together it might be an issue, but finding 1 or 2 was fine.

You could substitute Britannia for numerous other ships and to be honest we've never had any trouble finding sun loungers on any ship. However we prefer quieter spots away from the main pools and head towards the aft / forwards - depending on the wind direction. People tend to reserve loungers for long times around the pool more than anywhere else IMO

We were on Britannia during her first summer,sunbeds in serenity were covered with belongings very early most days but between us we eventually realised that the main offenders were members of the crew from the ships shows,they did periodically put in an appearance & somebody would recognise one or more of them,we are on Britannia again in March,be interesting to see who the offenders are these days!

Tartanexile81 thank you for your advise we were thinking of Britannia because James Martin was on board we avoid Britannia if we can prefer the smaller ships and love Azura who we have cruised the Caribbean many many times on, we have never done a TA but have been tempted ideally we would like to do a TA but fit in Madeira which is on our bucket list.

Madeira is lovely soobs and well worth a visit.

We chose our cruise on Britannia because of the itinerary and tbh none of our friends had liked her so we were a bit worried but we wanted to make up our own minds. Because it was so port intensive (The Baltic) we found when we got back to the ship we couldn't face the MDR so we ate in the smaller venues - Limelight, Glass House and Beach House. That, together with the fact I joined group of people on the cruise before we went meant we got to know people and we found it really friendly. We just loved the evenings on the ship and thought it was the best entertainment we'd had on any P&O ship.