Ushuaia Argentina

cspaid

Does anyone know of another Tour Company except Estancia Excursions in the Falklands. Their Volunteer Point tour where you also see the Penguins is full and I would dearly love to do this tour.

Snickers18

Have you joined the Roll Call for your sailing? Members there may have more of the information that you seek.

Does anyone know of another Tour Company except Estancia Excursions in the Falklands. Their Volunteer Point tour where you also see the Penguins is full and I would dearly love to do this tour.

Snickers18

Patrick Watts gets rave reviews on the Celebrity boards. We used Estancia and were delighted but the Patrick Watts group got to the same place only a bit later than we did. Once you are there, the penguins don’t care how you got there...:p

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone booked The Train Excursion in Ushuaia. Would like to do so if there is one less expensive than the Tour offered by the Ship

Snickers18

Our guide took us to the train station to take pictures and we realized that it was a waste of time to take the train due to it was very crowded, only 100 people per train ( but thousand people waiting for an empty seat) and every train departed every 20 minutes.

Otherwise you see the same lanscape from your van than from the train.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I did a National Park tour with Edgar's company a couple of weeks ago. His communication beforehand was excellent. We stopped at a few places of interest that were good photo opps, and a stop at a large cafe for a refreshment and comfort break was very welcome. I got my passport stamped Tierra del Fuego there. Unfortunately when we got to the End of The World Post Office where I'd hoped to get it stamped (having remembered to retrieve it from the ship's Front Desk where they held everyone's passports) it was closed. Not unusual, apparently. Our guide was very knowledgeable and his English was fine.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We just (Dec 15 2017)had a wonderful experience with Tour Guide Ushuaia for National Park Tour, organized by a fellow passenger on Celebrity Infinity. Pre tour communications (info, pricing, payment, follow-up etc) by Edgar were professional and useful. Our tour guide was an expert (with excellent english) and modified the itinerary on the fly to avoid the huge tour buses from ship tours. We still saw all promised highlights plus a handful more and without fighting crowds at viewpoints. Guide and driver were great team. We compared experiences with other passengers and this is clearly the best deal available.

We just (Dec 15 2017)had a wonderful experience with Tour Guide Ushuaia for National Park Tour, organized by a fellow passenger on Celebrity Infinity. Pre tour communications (info, pricing, payment, follow-up etc) by Edgar were professional and useful. Our tour guide was an expert (with excellent english) and modified the itinerary on the fly to avoid the huge tour buses from ship tours. We still saw all promised highlights plus a handful more and without fighting crowds at viewpoints. Guide and driver were great team. We compared experiences with other passengers and this is clearly the best deal available.

Thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

We were a group of 6 and scheduled 3 separate tours with https://www.tourguideushuaia.net. The Ushuaia tour was discounted 10 percent since we had 3 tours scheduled. The guides for all of the tours spoke excellent English. They were all extremely knowledgeable with respect to the history and nature of their locations. The tours were well planned, vans were well sized and very comfortable. In every case the guides adjusted the tours to our needs and desires and each of the tours exceed all of our expectations. I highly recommend using Edgar's agency. I am confident that you will pleased with this company.

One thing of note to international travelers - our ship was delayed a couple of hours getting into one of the ports. The emergency contact number provide began with "00", which normally works - however in Chili we had to substitute a "+" for the double zero in order to get the call to connect so we could inform the agency that we would be delayed. We use T-mobile which was connected to the local wireless provider so that may have been part of the issue.

We were a group of 6 and scheduled 3 separate tours with https://www.tourguideushuaia.net. The Ushuaia tour was discounted 10 percent since we had 3 tours scheduled. The guides for all of the tours spoke excellent English. They were all extremely knowledgeable with respect to the history and nature of their locations. The tours were well planned, vans were well sized and very comfortable. In every case the guides adjusted the tours to our needs and desires and each of the tours exceed all of our expectations. I highly recommend using Edgar's agency. I am confident that you will pleased with this company.

One thing of note to international travelers - our ship was delayed a couple of hours getting into one of the ports. The emergency contact number provide began with "00", which normally works - however in Chili we had to substitute a "+" for the double zero in order to get the call to connect so we could inform the agency that we would be delayed. We use T-mobile which was connected to the local wireless provider so that may have been part of the issue.

So basically 1 “0”?

I always wondered what the plus was

We just booked with a local travel agent in Ushuai, recommended on Trip Advisor, they were very prompt with their reply and price is good especially if there's only 1 or 2 of you. You can either join the tour at their office in town or they can pick you up at the hotel across the road from the cruise port

http://www.excursionesenushuaia.com/

http://www.infodeushuaia.com/

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

We just enjoyed several excellent tours with Edgar's team, at Usuhaia, Punta Arenas and Punta del Este. Some others also worked with him at Montevideo. They were all excellent but I particularly enjoyed Ushuaia, and getting outdoors. The tour there featured walks in the National Parks and a really good overview from our extremely knowledgeable guide. If you need a break from the crowds on a cruise ship and some time in nature, I thoroughly recommend Edgar's operation:

We just enjoyed several excellent tours with Edgar's team, at Usuhaia, Punta Arenas and Punta del Este. Some others also worked with him at Montevideo. They were all excellent but I particularly enjoyed Ushuaia, and getting outdoors. The tour there featured walks in the National Parks and a really good overview from our extremely knowledgeable guide. If you need a break from the crowds on a cruise ship and some time in nature, I thoroughly recommend Edgar's operation:

I totally agree!! Our cruise was plagued with changed arrivals and departures due to mechanical problem with the ship. The guides were at the port and easily found 99% of the time. All the tours were exactly as described and I would highly recommend Edgar at

tourguideushuaia.net. :cool:

We just returned from a cruise "Around the Horn" from Santiago to Buenos Aires. We used Edgar with Tour Guides Ushuaia in both Porto Montt, Chile where we hiked and visited beautiful waterfalls, lakes and a volcano, and in Ushuaia where we had an amazing day at the Tierra del Fuego National Park. It was very easy to arrange the tours with him, his communication was excellent, and the guides were great. We especially enjoyed our guide Gaston's thorough knowledge and enthusiasm in Ushuaia. The prices for these tours were very reasonable and the guides were prompt to meet us at the pier in both ports.

I highly recommend these tours.

• 1 month later...

Very pleased with tour experience. Edgar was easy and clear to communicate with; addressed all questions and left nothing to doubt. Tour guide Gabriel did a superb job. His English was not only strong, but it was technically deep as well, including a large number of words in the scientific and technical realm as they related to the geography, flora, and fauna of the region. Gabriel and his driver met us flawlessly at the port, and took us on a memorable tour of the harbor, the town, and then the region, including its a number of its breathtaking vistas.

Photographs simply do not do this region any justice; the place is gorgeous. Bring a waterproof rain parka to keep the ever-present drizzle off, but otherwise, don't be bothered by any weather conditions; they will likely change within an hour or so. Although, it will almost certainly remain pretty cold, no matter the month.

Ushuaia, while definitely a beautiful place, is wrapped in the veneer of an extremely expensive tourist town, targeted for the wealthy jet-set who have the place on their to-do list. Be rightfully wary of that fact when you visit, and be especially judicious before laying your money out against the first things you see. Be especially selective; there are other shops, and indeed, other towns, that will present better value for your money. However, definitely don't avoid Ushuaia: here nature, though, is the undisputed star. Tierra del Fuego National Park, Lapataia River and Bay, Roca Lake, Ensenada Bay; they are all must-sees.

• 5 months later...

Our Holland America Zaandam cruise arrives at noon on Dec 25, 2018. The company responded to my question about the National Park, city tour and Prison Museum. They will expect the ship at noon and pick us up at the gate when we get off the ship. So there is no problem with TourGuideUshuaia.com tour that day in case people have the same concern about Christmas Day. I would pay the reservation amount only. The balance you pay when you get there which is nice since for some reason they have a sliding scale depending on the number of people on the tour.

It’s a long way off, but our shop will be in port from 2 pm to 8 pm in January 2020. Figuring in on-board time, I am thinking that will give us five hours of port time, max. Is that enough time to do anything that involves traveling away from the port? Or will this just be a wasted port day?