Ft. Lauderdale weather in February

Kiwi_cruiser

One factor is when in February.

Overall though lows are in the 60's and highs high 70's but these are averages.

The actual low could get into the 40's (doesn't happen often but can happen) or you could be there when it is warmer then average with a high into the high 80's.

Could be sunny, overcast or rainy.

Keith

We are looking at doing a cruise from Ft. Lauderdale in February 2019.

I was wondering what could the weather be like around then??

Would it be cool/cold then?

It varies but is warmer than January (which was unusually cold and windy this year) and the temps increase throughout the month. There were plenty of northerners swimming in the ocean this past February (ocean temp in low to mid 70s) but I stuck to our heated pool :). Average temps for February are: water: 75; air: mid to upper 70s.

I live in Ft. Lauderdale and it never gets "cold". You can expect low - mid 70's during the day and low - mid 60's at night on average.

To keep on topic, I'll say I totally agree with this statement!

To go off topic for just one second, just wanted to say it was great to meet you yesterday!!

One factor is when in February.

Overall though lows are in the 60's and highs high 70's but these are averages.

The actual low could get into the 40's (doesn't happen often but can happen) or you could be there when it is warmer then average with a high into the high 80's.

Could be sunny, overcast or rainy.

Keith

Agree with Keith! We've been there in the Jan/Feb time frame when it's actually been cold (in the 40's) and other times when it was VERY warm (in the 80's).

Agree with Keith! We've been there in the Jan/Feb time frame when it's actually been cold (in the 40's) and other times when it was VERY warm (in the 80's).

It can be in the 40's early in the morning which is unusual this far south close to the water, but can honestly say that I've lived in both Naples/Miami since 1999 and we have never had a day where it stayed in the 40's all during the day!! Thank God since that's why I moved from NY! LOL

One thing to remember is that the average temperature will mean that the weather "should" be nice. But if you look at the highs and lows you will see that there are times that it might be quite a bit cooler then average.

Sometimes people say it never gets cold. Well once in awhile it does happen.

So just like other areas of the country and world there are no guarantees.

With that said I would rather be in Florida in February then Boston.

Keith

To keep on topic, I'll say I totally agree with this statement!

To go off topic for just one second, just wanted to say it was great to meet you yesterday!!

Great to meet you too Carolyn!

Best,

Lee

The ocean temp rarely goes below 70 degrees which means it is almost impossible to hold weather in the 40s for longer than 30 minutes or so in the middle of the night.

Generally speaking, February is warm and sunny with low humidity. Plan on mid to upper 70s by day. If we do have a cold snap, usually the daily high gets in the 60s but they usually only last 36 hours or so.

This February however it was hot and humid as hell. We had several days last month where the heat index was in the 90s.

So to answer your question, watch the Weather Channel before you leave!