How to follow QV refit?

erniebernie

If anyone wishes to watch the ships near West Bramble Buoy on the Solent then this website shows, enlarge your screen picture

This live webcam is operated by the New Holmwood Hotel in Cowes and shows a great view looking out to sea from the Hotel.

http://www.camsecure.co.uk/cowes_webcam.html

also

http://www.camsecure.co.uk/ryde-webcam.html

Stunning views around Ryde from this roving webcam which is located in All Saints Church on the Isle of Wight. As the camera moves around you can see many of the sights here including the Pier head and out across the sea where on a clear day you can see the mainland coast and towards Portsmouth.

We went to Hythe and saw Queen Victoria coming in. She is still much prettier than the the ships we saw go out.

fantastic to hear because the rest of us are waiting here with baited breath for the first pics.....

fantastic to hear because the rest of us are waiting here with baited breath for the first pics.....

If you are able to watch the web cam links in my earlier post, you will see her depart Southampton UK .

I have posted some photographs on my Twitter account @markahowarthuk. I can't work out how to post on here.:D

Thank you and wow, what a difference to my favourite ship just from the few snaps you've uploaded so far. Keep them coming if possible. She's looking good!

Thank you and wow, what a difference to my favourite ship just from the few snaps you've uploaded so far. Keep them coming if possible. She's looking good!

Some of us have always kept the faith with Cunard and knew that this refit would bring improvements to Queen Victoria.

2019 is now a distinct possibility.

Is it possible for someone on board to be kind enough to post the type of NZ Marlborough Sauvignon available by the glass in the Commodore Club, please. I've found two bar menus, one quoting Cloudy Bay (ouch!) and the other something else.

We board on Thursday, and wish to know if we should take out a mortgage.

Have the kettles materialised?

Interiors of 5191? :eek: Thanks!

If possible, a nosey at the Grills lounge too please.:)

I know all cabin soft furnishings were due a needed make over and I'd seen the elegant blue/grey colour boards for the cabins and many of the public rooms, but not the Grills area. If it is ship wide, it will definitely be a change from the muted gold/beige of a month ago when we left her.

No real change to the Grills Lounge or restaurant. The Queens Grills Cabins have illy coffee machines and kettles. There is also new furniture on the balcony.

Champagne is now Laurent Perrier (as on QM2).

On board now. Still waiting for luggage since boarding about 3 hours ago.

Deck 9 aft certainly has the wow factor now. Looks very different. Lots more awnings with tables and chairs neatly set out for eating. Hundreds of loungers and eight of those big round basket-type seats with cushions and a roof. Can't remember what they're called but sure to be very popular.

When we approached the ship in the car I got the impression that the shape at the new aft was more rounded than on the QE. Didn't seem to quite give the impression of a brick that that does.

Winter Garden looks different but I must say I don't like those new black metallic modern chairs. Very strange! Fortunately there are only a few of them. A big olive tree sits in the middle.

The future sales office is now situated in what used to be a shop on deck 2. The memorabilia cabinet in the middle has gone with just a couple of windows left at the side.

Our balcony cabin has new carpets and I think a new covering on the sofa. New balcony furniture too. We have a kettle etc same as on the QM2.

No real change to the Grills Lounge or restaurant. The Queens Grills Cabins have illy coffee machines and kettles. There is also new furniture on the balcony.

Champagne is now Laurent Perrier (as on QM2).

Hmm, illy. That could prove very handy first thing in the morning! I had heard V.C was being exchanged for L.P. but I presume the cabin champagne is still Delamotte?

Thanks again and have a wonderful few days. I am very envious of you even though we spent a few weeks earlier on , cruising with her. Queen Victoria is a magnificent ship [even with her new profile] and I look forward to our next cruise with her.

I don't think 5194 has new anything. The bathroom needs a good shot of bleach as it is grubby. The smoke detector is hanging down from the ceiling and 1 of the the air conditioning units must be faulty as the noise is awful.

Sofa might be newly covered- it isn't stained but it is very early 2000s in decor. No wow factor at all in the cabin and even less as they threw is out of 8174 after final payment. They assure me that 8174 is uninhabitable- we shall see.

Edited by Barnaby100

On board now. Still waiting for luggage since boarding about 3 hours ago.

Deck 9 aft certainly has the wow factor now. Looks very different. Lots more awnings with tables and chairs neatly set out for eating. Hundreds of loungers and eight of those big round basket-type seats with cushions and a roof. Can't remember what they're called but sure to be very popular.

When we approached the ship in the car I got the impression that the shape at the new aft was more rounded than on the QE. Didn't seem to quite give the impression of a brick that that does.

Winter Garden looks different but I must say I don't like those new black metallic modern chairs. Very strange! Fortunately there are only a few of them. A big olive tree sits in the middle.

The future sales office is now situated in what used to be a shop on deck 2. The memorabilia cabinet in the middle has gone with just a couple of windows left at the side.

Our balcony cabin has new carpets and I think a new covering on the sofa. New balcony furniture too. We have a kettle etc same as on the QM2.

That was where staff told me the Future sales office was going to be.

Have other shops been changed/reassigned to differing areas or just the 'duty free' shop

Is it possible for someone on board to be kind enough to post the type of NZ Marlborough Sauvignon available by the glass in the Commodore Club, please. I've found two bar menus, one quoting Cloudy Bay (ouch!) and the other something else.

We board on Thursday, and wish to know if we should take out a mortgage.

Have the kettles materialised?

Yes Kettles in Staterooms.

The Cloudy bay is available by the glass at around $8 no doubt plus service.

No menus have been printed yet. The Gestetner machine is working overtime.

Edited by Pennbank