Season 8 cruise blog has been started

PescadoAmarillo

That picture of the Golden Princess in Sydney is amazing. As I understand it, a huge portion of the passengers on a cruise that starts or ends in Sydney are Australians. But that probably doesn't keep the bankers in those office towers from feeling like tourists are invading. That ship looks like it has to let the air out of its tires to get under the legendary bridge. What a sight.

Edited by cardiffman

Looking forward to hearing all about your adventures. I was last there in 2002 (can't believe it was that long ago)and hope to visit again in 2018. I stayed just down the street from you in the Rocks at the Hotel Russell. Perfect location for exploring the city, I loved walking around the harbor every night.

Hello everyone-

I’ve just published the first post of this season's cruise blog. If you’re interested, it’s at

http://www.pescadoamarillo.blogspot.com

One guess about where we’re going this year.

jj0gpd.jpg

Hope you’ll cruise along with us!

I'll be there. Trying to get Holli o agree to a cruise down under in Nov of 2018 on RCCL.....:):):)

Bob

That picture of the Golden Princess in Sydney is amazing. As I understand it, a huge portion of the passengers on a cruise that starts or ends in Sydney are Australians. But that probably doesn't keep the bankers in those office towers from feeling like tourists are invading. That ship looks like it has to let the air out of its tires to get under the legendary bridge. What a sight.

It doesn't go under the bridge.

Very excited to be following - I love your style of writing and sense of humour. Will be particularly interested as we have booked a land tour in Australia and cruise round New Zealand on the Majestic Princess in March 2019 - so will be looking for tips and insights.

Currently watching the progress of Golden Princess - 43 nm from Sydney - and the Sydney Harbour webcam for a first sighting of the ship; due to dock at 9pm BST. Strange to think that we will be watching from London, England and you will be watching in Sydney at the same time; isn’t technology amazing!

I hope you have a wonderful and exciting (in the right way) season 8 cruising and I will be following along.

Stephen

I only checked your blog last Sunday and thought you should be up and going shortly! About to go and get reading to catch up and so excited that you have been down to us here in Australia!

Travel safe and really looking forward to following another season with you [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone. We are in the terminal, soon to board!

Hello Folks

My wife Jean ,MIL Elsie (93) and I will join you on board for your last leg the Christmas New years cruise , so please look after the ship until then :evilsmile:

This is my second attempt on Golden Princess as I was taken ill on board three years ago and had to fly home to Melbourne from New Zealand

So with some "goodwill $$$s" from Princess we splurged and have booked the only "Grand Suite" on the ship , and intend to do some serious Balcony cruising :halo: to please my Lady Doctor

I will be keeping up to date with your blog to see how you report the various ports around our area as we have been to most of them now a number of times the Ship tends to be our destination.

However as my medical issues have been restricting my mobility this will be my first trip with my mobility scooter so it may open up some new horizons for me

We do hope you enjoy your winter and it would be delightful to catch up for a coffee whilst on board

Kindest Regards

John Jean & Elsie

Things have been hectic around our home for the past week and I completely forgot to check your blog Jeannie. So glad I noticed this thread when I got onto CC. Off I go to catch up. Safe travels and I am looking forward to following along with you and G's adventures this year. Stay well both of you!

I was so pleased to find your posts, I love following your latest adventures.

It's a shame you have struck bad weather up north, hopefully it will be a lot better on the return trip. Where I live, we have not had decent rain for over 3 to 4 months, we would love a bit of what you are getting.

I was on Golden Princess in August to Hawaii, a very enjoyable cruise (35 days). There was a trio of young men called Acoustic Rush Trio, playing in the Piazza with one special concert given because of their popularity. Are they still on the ship? If so, don't miss them. They are excellent.

I will be following along and reading your blog.

Enjoy the cruise(s).

Kerry

• 4 weeks later...

PescadoAmarillo, here is the video you were looking for of the Golden sailing into Sydney:

http://www.gettyimages.com.au/detail/video/princess-cruises-2600-passenger-golden-princess-sailed-news-footage/874602982

GOLDEN PRINCESS SAILS INTO SYDNEY WITH RAINBOW BANNER AT THE BOW IN ANTICIPATION OF HISTORIC MARRIAGE EQUALITY RESULT

Princess Cruises’ 2600-passenger Golden Princess sailed into Sydney today with a huge rainbow flag covering the front deck to coincide with the imminent announcement of the result of the national marriage equality survey. The giant 24.5-metre by 18-metre banner signified support for a ‘yes’ vote in the national survey on the part of Carnival Australia, which accounts for seven cruise brands including Princess Cruises. In anticipation of the expected history-making survey result, and the promise of a prompt change to marriage law in Australia, Carnival Australia said it looked forward to all Australians having marriage equality.

• 3 weeks later...

PescadoAmarillo, would it be possible for you to take photos of the MDR wine list for me. I'm trying to get a handle on how the AUD prices compare with the USD prices. Most Aussies who post drinks list prices tend to just post the wine by the glass selections, never the full wine list.

I know it's a big ask as there are quite a few pages in that wine list but it really would be appreciated.

My next cruise isn't until March and I'd like to do the comparison before then.