Very extensive 9/11 Spirit Review

mitsugirly

My wife and I are taking our 4 year old son and 2 year old daughter on the Spirit 10/9. I'd be interested in any details about what your 3 year old enjoyed.

In no particular order:

Did she use the children's program at all? Did you use the late night baby sitting? How were the counselors? Kind of a port intensive cruise for the program, still not sure how much we'll be able or want to use it.

Were there many children on board?

Aside from mosquitoes (big problem) was there enough shade for a child at Maya Chan? Sounds like there was and the bed sounds nice, but was that a typical palapa or did you luck out?

Is the water cold in that kids pool? I'm a wimp and I know I will have to stand there to catch them! - note to kid police, yes the 2 year old is potty trained, so she can go in the pool.

Any other child related thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Greg

I one word about the kids program YES, YES, YES...well maybe a few words. They will LOVE it. Mine never wanted to leave, but I'll get into that later.

There were plenty enough children on board for lots of playmates for sure, but the ship was definitely not overwhelmed with tons of kids since it's now the off season.

Plenty of shade for a child. If you are bringing children, you will get the big palapa I'm sure. They are covered and VERY nice. The only people I seen with only chairs and an umbrella were single couples.

The water wasn't bad at all IMO for the pools. It was 90 degrees out, so it was very refreshing for sure. :)

Aside from mosquitoes (big problem) was there enough shade for a child at Maya Chan? Sounds like there was and the bed sounds nice, but was that a typical palapa or did you luck out?

Greg

Also, I found a video showing the palapa and the area we had that I'm currently uploading at the moment (it is taking forever) that I'll share with you so you can have a good idea of what they are like. No worries. :D

Hopefully this link will work for you:

http://kimbakersphotography.smugmug.com/Other/Maya-Chan-Costa-Maya/i-QDFHPNN/0/M/MVI5178-M.jpg

EDIT: Ok, after clicking on it, it only took me to the picture. So, go to my account and it's the very last photo, which is a video. Hope this helps.

Edited by mitsugirly

who was your guide from Bodden tours? We used them back in August, and Texx was awesome, with biting humor. Even took us to his house, that if you are standing in the back yard, you're looking at a beach with dolphins swimming around.

If your guide abandoned you, then let Victor know.

The monkeys, well, for intents and purposes they are wild, but with that said, Im sorry your daughter got bit.

Joyride37

We made it to Café Du Monde and had their beignets. I was having trouble understanding our waitress (and obviously she didn’t understand me either because she didn’t bring us the right order). For $2.49 (I think it was) you get 3 small beignets LOADED with powdered sugar. Everyone raved how great these were, but to me, they are the same thing as what you get at any fair from the vendors (funnel cakes), however, I found the beignets to not be as good as a funnel cake. Ours were a little harder than what I’m use to and the amount of powdered sugar they loaded on it made you a white sticky mess. The people there didn’t seem too friendly, but the place was so busy it was VERY hard to even find a seat. When going inside to use the restroom, it was in this small cubby hole in the back in the SMALL kitchen area and there was a line. The workers were rude and kept telling people to move, bumping into everyone and didn’t bother to say excuse me or anything. At one point they took the door and slammed it shut leaving some inside waiting on the restroom and others standing along a wall waiting. If they thought this made more room, they completely misjudged that because now there were more people moving around due to having to move out of the way for the door to open every time.

IMG4809-M.jpg

http://www.cafedumonde.com/locations.html

We caught the street car

http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/North_America/United_States_of_America/Louisiana/New_Orleans-793014/Transportation-New_Orleans-Riverfront_Line_Streetcar-BR-1.html

back to our street that the hotel was on and decided to catch the free hot food (Kickers Meal) the hotel was offering. We did not think it was bad at all, not gourmet food, but definitely something you can make a meal out of and be satisfied. If it was bad food, you sure wouldn’t be able to tell by how many people were there eating that night. It was crazy. They offered you 3 free alcoholic drinks, per person…and they WERE STRONG! Whew! They had hot dogs, mac and cheese, nacho bar, baked potato (with fixings), veggies and dip, salads, snacks, popcorn, and a soda fountain for drinks.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg2/mitsubishigirl19/trolley.jpg

IMG4811-M.jpg

We went back up to the room, visited with our 9/11 roll call online for a while chatting, then went to bed. We didn’t sleep too well though. I thought it was the excitement of the cruise the next day, but felt like I was scratching all night. Well, when we woke in the morning, we found out why. Our room was infested with red biting ants!! There were hundreds of them forming a line across the threshold from the bathroom to the sink area. Upon a little more inspection, we found lines of them going up the night stands and onto the bed. WOW! I immediately went down to let the front desk know about the room. These people were more than kind about it and very apologetic as well. They offered let me do all of my laundry there (which we did not have time for that prior to leaving, so I just made sure I shook everything out hoping we would not take any hitch hikers with us), they offered to get us a cab to the airport and pay (which we met a very nice guy on our roll call the night before and he stopped and gave us a ride) and THEY FULLY REFUNDED MY ENTIRE AMOUNT OF THE ROOM! Wow, now that was service! They told us to stay as long as we would like, however, we wanted out of that room because we were being bitten and ended up just coming down to the lobby to wait for our ride. I was not at all expecting any of this and just wanted to inform them of the situation, but they went above and beyond and we would definitely stay with them again.

IMG4816-M.jpg

IMG4819-M.jpg

I forgot to mention the free hot breakfast (eggs, sausage, biscuits/gravy etc.). It was pretty good as well. Definitely editable and filled us up prior to getting on the ship. They also had the regular cold food too (bagels, toast, muffins, cereal and so on).

We sat in the lobby, said our last goodbyes to our friends on facebook, cc, our roll call and texting while watching our girl (The Spirit) at the port until it was time to leave for our week long adventure.

http://www.nola.com/bridgecam/

http://www.nola.com/rivercam/

http://www.portno.com/pno_pages/cruises_building_webcam.htm

A few pictures around NOLA are located here: (some already included in this thread)

The train

Link to Drury Inn pictures:

The train

so far wonderful review: I too, do not see the excitement about beignets..

I have read what you have posted so far: I agree about the Monkey farm or whatever: I was unempressed to be honest. They can be mean, and it just wasn't quite what we expected.

Nita

Edited by newmexicoNita

who was your guide from Bodden tours? We used them back in August, and Texx was awesome, with biting humor. Even took us to his house, that if you are standing in the back yard, you're looking at a beach with dolphins swimming around.

If your guide abandoned you, then let Victor know.

The monkeys, well, for intents and purposes they are wild, but with that said, Im sorry your daughter got bit.

Joyride37

I don't even remember hearing him tell us his name. I know they didn't have much to say...on the ride there, while we were there, or the ride back. They told us we could ask questions on the ride there and a bunch of ladies were asking questions about the different fruits and flowers on the trees and they didn't seem to know the answer to a lot of them. I do know there wasn't any humor to any of these guys for sure.

As for the zip lining...there were A LOT of guys with us going back and forth. We were never with just one. They were entertaining doing spins and flips and such on the lines, but never really said anything. The only thing they would say when we came in on the line is "are you doing ok?" and that was about it.

The animals, I never even heard him tell us any of the types of the animals we were looking at and he lost us several times. :(

My wife and I are taking our 4 year old son and 2 year old daughter on the Spirit 10/9. I'd be interested in any details about what your 3 year old enjoyed.

In no particular order:

Did she use the children's program at all? Did you use the late night baby sitting? How were the counselors? Kind of a port intensive cruise for the program, still not sure how much we'll be able or want to use it.

Were there many children on board?

Is the water cold in that kids pool? I'm a wimp and I know I will have to stand there to catch them! - note to kid police, yes the 2 year old is potty trained, so she can go in the pool.

Any other child related thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Greg

Greg, our experience last Feb with the kids program: our great grandaughter, who was a week from turning 4 would have lived there for the rest of her life if her mom and dad would have let her. The Palapas are all about the same at the resort and yes, there is shade.

Our Bodden guide was Frankie. My wife is a social worker and had plenty of questions and he answered them all. We asked to eat at a local restaurant and he took us to a very good one off the beaten path. Frankie let us know that divorce was just about taboo on the island and that there is very little crime. He said on the mainland it is much different. If someone goes through some hardship his family will take him in. If they have a hospital bill that needs to be paid the family will all pitch in to pay it. Primary religion is Methodist followed by Church of God. We learned a lot because my wife battered him with questions. Great tour. I tipped him well because he was so instructive and was patient with my wife's questions.

Edited by Kingcake

I one word about the kids program YES, YES, YES...well maybe a few words. They will LOVE it. Mine never wanted to leave, but I'll get into that later.

There were plenty enough children on board for lots of playmates for sure, but the ship was definitely not overwhelmed with tons of kids since it's now the off season.

Plenty of shade for a child. If you are bringing children, you will get the big palapa I'm sure. They are covered and VERY nice. The only people I seen with only chairs and an umbrella were single couples.

The water wasn't bad at all IMO for the pools. It was 90 degrees out, so it was very refreshing for sure. :)

Ok, I will be patient and wait for your child center review! That is the hardest information to find on cruise lines. As far as the water goes I live in Arizona and don't generally get in my pool unless the pool temp is 88+. I'm sure it will be freezing in the ship pool but I will tough it out for the kids.

Bummer to hear about your ziplining issues. I used Bodden 4 years ago and I'm sure took the same zip line. I did not have any safety issues (and rock climbing is a hobby for me) - what you described are certainly issues. Our guide was wonderful as well.

Great review so far...and your photos are wonderful. Sorry your adorable daughter had a couple of mishaps; and you, thank goodness you weren't hurt worse! Glad to see that you didn't let it ruin your trip either. Some people would have made something like that the basis for a lousy review, glad you were able to take in in stride and enjoy your vacation. We are leaving for our trip on the Spirit in 18 days and I can't wait! Thanks again for your in depth review, looking forward to the rest of it.:)

Great review so far...and your photos are wonderful. Sorry your adorable daughter had a couple of mishaps; and you, thank goodness you weren't hurt worse! Glad to see that you didn't let it ruin your trip either. Some people would have made something like that the basis for a lousy review, glad you were able to take in in stride and enjoy your vacation. We are leaving for our trip on the Spirit in 18 days and I can't wait! Thanks again for your in depth review, looking forward to the rest of it.:)

I don't let much get me down trust me. After falling and breaking my hand at the first port last year, I continued to hobble around, snorkel 2 more ports and made the best of it. I'm not a complainer by any means and I'm pretty tough when it comes to getting hurt. I gathered myself up, took a deep breath and continued. I review my side of what happened, and I'm sure that the guys at Bodden are wonderful (otherwise there would not be so many good reviews), but I can only report what happen to us. I'm an upbeat person that likes to enjoy everything, especially when on vacation. I would not discourage people from going there, I would just not visit again and do something different next time around due to my experiences. Nothings going to ruin my trip darnit. hehe :D

Sorry to hear that your daughter got bit. Someone told me on another cruise that the ships doctor treats a lot of monkey bites. I have a fear of them and won't go in a cage with them. Even though they are cute they are still wild and unpredictable.

In roatan, i go to maya key where they have animals including monkeys in cages. They warn you not too stick your fingers in the cages.

Rather be in the ocean with it's dangers.

Had a question for you about Roatan...did you have any problem with sand fleas? I know you had mosquito problems in Costa Maya, but I've heard the sand flea problem in Roatan can be really bad. We are doing the Tabayana Beach/Gumbalimba tour and from what I have read in other posts we should bring along some heavy duty bug repellant because of the sand flea problems....

Edited by slycruiser61

Had a question for you about Roatan...did you have any problem with sand fleas? I know you had mosquito problems in Costa Maya, but I've heard the sand flea problem in Roatan can be really bad. We are doing the Tabayana Beach/Gumbalimba tour and from what I have read in other posts we should bring along some heavy duty bug repellant because of the sand flea problems....

I didnt have any issues with sand fleas in Roatan, but I did in Iraq and Kuwait. Other than heavy duty bug spray, eat something with garlic in it, the night before and in the morning. I was told that by a Special Forces doc, and I thought he was just messing with me, until I had enough, tried it, and was never bitten or bothered again. Take it as you wish, but its a suggestion that works. Hopefully your special someone wont mind the garlic breath, lol

Joyride37

We did not have a problem with any sand fleas. We were told the same thing too and it was suggested to buy the cactus pear juice repellant (from people on here) because it was safe for the water (coral), safe for children (no deet) and was also a sun blocker. I'm here to tell you...IT DOES NOT WORK. Waste of money. :( (As you can tell by the bite marks on my daughter). :eek:

I didnt have any issues with sand fleas in Roatan, but I did in Iraq and Kuwait. Other than heavy duty bug spray, eat something with garlic in it, the night before and in the morning. I was told that by a Special Forces doc, and I thought he was just messing with me, until I had enough, tried it, and was never bitten or bothered again. Take it as you wish, but its a suggestion that works. Hopefully your special someone wont mind the garlic breath, lol

Joyride37

Thanks for this info. Good thing I like garlic. I'll have to keep this in mind. :)

Ok, this is going to be a long one. Lots of details here. We really enjoyed our visit to Belize.

BELIZE CITY, BELIZE

We decided to book with cave tubing .bz for this port. This was the one and only port I was truly petrified of going to because of the tendering. I have not had to tender since the 80’s and 90’s when cruising and I don’t remember it to be a very pleasant experience.

However…. It was a breeze. I was worried over nothing trust me. We ate breakfast and sat up on deck waiting for them to announce when we should go get our tickets. When they did, we went down to deck 7 and there really weren’t a lot of people there. When it was time to hand out the tickets, they told everyone to form a line to “his right”. We did…however, others that were waiting on the other side decided to form their own line. The guy with the tickets laughed and ask why there were two lines and ask if we knew how to follow directions. LOL He went ahead and handed out the tickets taking turns back and forth between the lines. No problem. We ended up with tender #1.

We sat outside and waited for them to load the first two tenders with 1) the suite guest and 2) the people with NCL tours. Then we were called. It was about a 20 minute ride to the pier. They did tell us that the water we were in was only about 5-6 deep, which is why the Spirit has to dock so far out.

IMG5606-M.jpg

I’m going to start with the ONE AND ONLY complaint that we had about .bz in the beginning of this. We were taken to our van, then was told to stand outside (in blazing 92 degree weather I might add) while the rest of our people got there. This is the first time that this has ever happened to us whether it be taking a taxi/bus and waiting for it to fill up, to taking a scheduled tour. They usually have the vehicle running and cooled for the guest to get in and wait. Everyone was sweating and it was pouring off my husband’s head to where he finally said something to the driver asking why we couldn’t be sitting down in the van in a/c. The guy said the other guide (that had just walked back to the port to see if the others were coming) had the keys now. They did provide us with cold water to drink while waiting.

Ok, next problem…now I know why we weren’t waiting in the van/bus…the a/c SUCKED!! We had several elderly people in our van and they kept asking “is this all the colder you’re a/c is going to get?”. They replied it would get better once they got on the freeway…no, it didn’t. But we all made it and didn’t pass out of dehydration or heat exhaustion, no worries. ;o) We had a tour guy JUNIOR who sat toward the back in front of us. He ended up being our person “tube tour guy” THANK GOODNESS! He was the absolute best and told us so much about the island. We could not get enough. Seriously, this guy was the most informative person ever and knew everything. He could answer any question you could throw at him.

I will try to remember some of the interesting facts, but there were SO MANY, I know I’ll forget most. Belize was having Independence Day there and celebrating that from September 10th to I think he said the 23rd??? But it’s a LONG celebration. He showed us the graveyards on the way. It appears as if the bodies are buried above ground with the stones, however, religion is big in Belize and they believe that you can only dig 3 feet down and you have to go 3 feet above. The body is to be buried in the middle. They have to face a certain way with the heads all the same way. I believe it was the sunrise up over the feet and sunset behind the head (please forgive me if it’s the other way around). He joked that he was going to go against all odds and be buried opposite to shake things up. LOL He was hilarious.

He showed us a mining mountain that looked like a Giant laying down, you could see the head, nose, mouth and body. He explained that everyone there lives within their means and live conservatively using and having only what they need. We witness ladies in the rivers washing clothes, clothes hanging dry outside at houses. He explained those that had washers, they were located outside of the home. He showed us the richest mans house that lived there, which happened to be a guy from New Hampshire, I believe. He explained that the population was so small there that there was no crime because everyone knows everyone. They unite and help each other out. The richer (the doctors, lawyers and so on) people lived in the city, the average to poor lived outside of the city.

My husband is a skater, so they talked “skate” talk for a while and he was telling him about skating there and where you would find the skate park at (in the ghetto on the south side).

He talked about his family and children. He was born in Belize, but his family had moved to the US when he was young for several years (for some reason, I’m thinking age 6-12ish). So, he could relate to ANYTHING we talked about and actually told us about his recent visit back to the US and how a “camera took his photo and issued him a ticket for speeding…a CAMERA” LOL

There were no stop signs or street lights (I think he said they have maybe a total of 4 there) and that there was no speed limit. I ask about the police pulling people over for things, he said the only thing they are looking for were people smuggling any American cigarettes and several other things.

The taxes there are so high that it made buying things so expensive, but yet it was the one place (unlike most of the islands) that you could actually purchase your land and have a title like here in the US. He said most places, like Costa Maya and so on, people actually lease their property (and do so on like a 99 year basis), so if you wanted to get rid of it, you really just had to walk away from it, unless you have it in your lease that it could later be transferred. He said you could get an acre for $500-$1000 and it was pretty cheap, but hard to purchase.

He talked about the protected areas and how no one was allowed to build, hunt, or remove anything from that area, but they were very helpful with drying up rain and during hurricanes for protection.

He spoke about the cashew trees and showed us some along the way. I LOVE cashews and now have a better understanding for why they cost SO DARN MUCH!! For each nut on the tree, you get the fruit, 1 nut inside, and 1 seed only. So you can only imagine how many it takes just to make a bag of cashews! Of course I already knew about the seed inside and when burning it, the smoke is toxic. He talked about their cashew wine and how tasty it was…he would give us a taste when we were done with the trip. Then told us about all the things they use on the island to make wine out of.

So, I know I’ve missed a lot, but maybe other things will come to me later. There’s still a lot more during the actual cave tubing. ;o)

IMG5547-M.jpg

We arrived at the site where everyone arrives at for the tubing tours (all companies). It was beautiful and big. We gathered our equipment and off we went on our “15 minute hike”….sorry, it’s way longer than that and we joked with Junior about it. We ended up doing 2 caves, which he said is the most they do and most companies only do 1. I inquired about the 3 caves because I’ve read from many people that they do 3. He said people use to consider it 3 caves, but in order for it to be considered a different cave, there has to be a certain amount of opening, which they didn’t have with one of the caves, so they changed it to call it 2 caves instead of 3 (but it was still the same that people are referring to as 3 and you know this because the trail ends).

Along the walk, we were shown a tree that when you cut it open, the ink inside of it is used to make money. We seen the HUGE vines (tarzan vines) hanging and he informed us that if you were to cut it open, there is a water supply in it that would keep you hydrated if you were stranded in the rain forest. There was another plant that we got to eat. At first you don’t taste it, then it’s like a burst of water and makes your mouth water. Another source of hydration when you are hiking.

Along the walk, we were shown a tree that when you cut it open, the ink inside of it is used to make money. We seen the HUGE vines (tarzan vines) hanging and he informed us that if you were to cut it open, there is a water supply in it that would keep you hydrated if you were stranded in the rain forest. There was another plant that we got to eat. At first you don’t taste it, then it’s like a burst of water and makes your mouth water. Another source of hydration when you are hiking.

Ok, here comes the fun part. We stop at a tree with a huge hive like thing on it…termites. Yep, we all ate them. My daughter looked at me like we were nuts for eating something that was crawling around on daddy’s hand. But, she did it. They tasted like mint. Junior said you could survive for about 2 days on these as a food source out there. I’ll keep that in mind. ;-)

IMG5567-M.jpg

Then came the tarantula…they coaxed him out of his house and passed him around for everyone to hold that wanted to. My daughter wanted to hold it, so we told her under no circumstance was she allowed to move if it moved. It started on her hand and then moved up her arm to her shoulder. She didn’t budge. I’m now thinking my daughter is such a daredevil. First zip lining, eating bugs, now holding spiders. Whew. She has guts for a 3 year old. I’m now hoping she doesn’t think it’s ok to go around eating plants, crawling bugs and playing with spiders. Hmmm

IMG5570-M.jpg

There had been a lot of rain over the last several days, so they said the water was a little higher and rougher than normal and it had actually been closed the day prior and they would not let anyone tube that day. But things were ok for us today. We came to the river and there is a rope to hold on to and cross. But no one had any problems. They took my little one over and put her down in the running water to let her play for a minute then took her over to the side to wait on us. She loved it. Then back to hiking we went.

Junior told us how that area had been known to have Jaguars in it and I believe there were 6 living in the area. He encountered them only once during a night tour.

When we finally made it to the area for tubing, they put us in our tubes and Junior took just us 3 with him. He said he wanted to be responsible for the child. They are certified in just about everything from rescue, cpr and so on for safety. We were very happy we ended up with him. HERE COMES THE BAD; MY FRICKEN CAMERA BATTERY DIED. GACK! I was so upset!!! Just my luck. We did not witness most of the tour guides from several other companies giving the details about the cave, bats and everything else you could think of the way Junior did. I noticed at one point another companies people were listening to him. Junior showed us where the lady that drown doing the excursion with .com happened and I can understand if you are floating along, not tied together, how that could be any issue at this particular spot. He said he was 3 minutes behind her and had he been there, he could have saved her. It was a traumatic day for everyone, including him. I can only imagine.

There were only a few areas that were a little rapid, but nothing to be scared of and he kept us in control at all times. He worked his butt off pulling us and paddling us around in areas. Those tubing guys must have the strongest arms. I can only imagine how hard it is to pull around the limit of 8 people. Whew. We felt safe with him at all times.

The caves did have one area that was dark and he told us to all turn off our lights so that we can see that we actually can’t see. LOL However, there are so many other tours both in front and in back of us, that we could see their lights on from a distance. Nothing scary at all. There were opening here and there in the caves. We seen fruit bats, vampire bats, and the bats that eat insects only. It was a great experience.

After returning from tubing, we all piled in the HOT van and headed to the place to eat. We had chicken, rice, cole slaw and rum punch. It was the best ever. Yes, I had 2 plates and could have had more even though I was full. Junior let us try the cashew wine…of course we loved it and had to purchase some to take home. It’s chillen in the fridge now just waiting for us to open it.

We arrived at the port around (in plenty enough time to shop and look around) and it seemed like the place was packed at this point. People were everywhere trying to coax you into buying something or getting your hair braided. It was their one last attempt to get to you as you made it up the stairs and past the security with your ship ID because then, they were not allowed to bother you. Once inside, it was like a shopping mall and you could shop at your own leisure.

We arrived at the port around (in plenty enough time to shop and look around) and it seemed like the place was packed at this point. People were everywhere trying to coax you into buying something or getting your hair braided. It was their one last attempt to get to you as you made it up the stairs and past the security with your ship ID because then, they were not allowed to bother you. Once inside, it was like a shopping mall and you could shop at your own leisure.

This is the man right here…request him! IMG5583-M.jpg

A link to more pictures: IMG_5536-600x506.jpg

Great review on the Spirit. We are gearing up for the same trip on

Oct. 9. I have heard it wil be fresh out of dry dock that week. Sounds like you really had a nice trip, We are really looking forward to it. Thanks for sharing your review and your pictures. You have a beautiful daughter! Enjoy her, they grow up fast. My baby is 28!

Wow Mitsu, you have some seriously interesting cruise experiences!

So sorry to read about the mishaps again. You always do seem to make the best of it though and I'm thorougly enjoying the review (just not the parts about you getting hurt, the red ants or your cutie pie kiddo getting bit - poor little thing:( ). Now, off to check out those photos.

Are you ready to start stalking another ship or two yet;)

Thanks for sharing your review and your pictures. You have a beautiful daughter! Enjoy her, they grow up fast. My baby is 28!

My pleasure. I can't wait to get it all done. Whew. Reviews are exhausting and my first day back to school for this quarter is tomorrow.

I know what you mean about them growing up fast. My oldest (son) is 25 and my other daughter just turned 23 while we were on vacation (happened last year too since we also did a 9/11 cruise back then). Needless to say, she has not been happy with me for 2 straight years for not taking her. Then I have a 16 year old son as well. Time has flown by. I miss them all being young. I'm hoping to get all 4 of them on a cruise with me some day soon. :p

Wow Mitsu, you have some seriously interesting cruise experiences!

So sorry to read about the mishaps again. You always do seem to make the best of it though and I'm thorougly enjoying the review (just not the parts about you getting hurt, the red ants or your cutie pie kiddo getting bit - poor little thing:( ). Now, off to check out those photos.

Are you ready to start stalking another ship or two yet;)

Maybe I just have bad luck everywhere I go. Someone is testing me, that's for sure. But I always bounce back.

YES!!!! Ready to stalk and I bought 2 cruise certificates. Now if they'd just stop being so secretive and release the itineraries that would be nice!!! :cool:

Overall, a pretty good experience - yes? Would you do it again?

You didn't say which one you are referring to that I've posted so far. But, the answer is if I hadn't already did the things we did, I would definitely decide to do them again...in a heartbeat. Now that we've done those things, if we go back, we will find something new to do. I like adventure and trying new things and new places.

Let me know if you are referring to any particular thing. :)

Joyride37

Yes, i have heard that garlic works. In my office, there is the occasional mosquito and I have noticed that they don't bite. I put the reason to my daily garlique branded pill. Will make sure that I take them on my trip in Oct.