Playa Mia

LuCruise

Our cruise is still a long way away, but I've started looking as some excursions that are posted. We're coming with our kids who will be a month away from 14 and almost 10 years...and Playa Mia excursions(s) caught my eye.

Has anyone been with kids? If so, what did you think? Are the facilities clean, with a washroom and decent food?

Our Royal Caribbean cruise offers two excursions....one is the 'Beach Break at Playa Maya' and the other is 'Deluxe Beach Break And Playa Mia Water Park". I can't tell the difference except the latter is twice the price. The first one does mention the waterslides and floating park. Anyone know?

Mitsugirly has a photo intensive review of Playa Mia linked in her signature that should answer your questions. She is a frequent poster - it should not be hard to find.

I would also consider Mr. Sanchos and Paradise Beach with kids of that age. The water toys usually cost about $15+ per person

Vacationdreamer, I checked out your link (looks like it's gone now?). Doesn't sound like the beach was very nice...water rough (which is an issue with kids), bad sand...sounds like we should pass.

JohninDC, thanks...Paraside Beach looks nice at a quick glance. Will check out Mr Sanchos too. Yes, I've seen Mitsugirly's links. Very helpful.

Vacationdreamer, I checked out your link (looks like it's gone now?). Doesn't sound like the beach was very nice...water rough (which is an issue with kids), bad sand...sounds like we should pass.

JohninDC, thanks...Paraside Beach looks nice at a quick glance. Will check out Mr Sanchos too. Yes, I've seen Mitsugirly's links. Very helpful.

Oh good OP. I’m glad you saw it. I felt like I was over sharing after I put in link.

Simply put it wasn’t hideous, but I wouldn’t go back. If you were doing really cool things at your other ports, and you can get a good price for this, the waterpark side was nice enough. And if you aren’t after super authentic food, that would be OK, as well.

I’m not sure eat my friend and I are going to do in Coz in Jan.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our cruise is still a long way away, but I've started looking as some excursions that are posted. We're coming with our kids who will be a month away from 14 and almost 10 years...and Playa Mia excursions(s) caught my eye.

Has anyone been with kids? If so, what did you think? Are the facilities clean, with a washroom and decent food?

Our Royal Caribbean cruise offers two excursions....one is the 'Beach Break at Playa Maya' and the other is 'Deluxe Beach Break And Playa Mia Water Park". I can't tell the difference except the latter is twice the price. The first one does mention the waterslides and floating park. Anyone know?

Doesn't the second one include open bar and buffet?

If you go to the Playa Mia website I think you will see all the different options that you can buy direct. The Royal Caribbean excursion includes transport but that is easy enough to do yourself on Cozumel.

You can book Playa Mia on your own and grab a taxi - arrive and depart on your schedule.

Coz is an easy island and the taxis are fairly well regulated (unlike the crooks in Philly! :mad: ) -- lots of beach clubs to choose from.

Oh good OP. I’m glad you saw it. I felt like I was over sharing after I put in link.

Simply put it wasn’t hideous' date=' but I wouldn’t go back. If you were doing really cool things at your other ports, and you can get a good price for this, the waterpark side was nice enough. And if you aren’t after super authentic food, that would be OK, as well.

I’m not sure eat my friend and I are going to do in Coz in Jan.

Exciting that you have another cruise booked. :D

I also noticed you mentioned the sand was course. Maybe that is another trait that would be similar at other beaches, but when going to the Caribbean, finding a place with soft white sand is nice too. We went to Little Divi in St Maartin and the water was rough and sand was darker and course..so we didn't enjoy our day as much.

I'll definitely look more into places. Enjoy your upcoming cruise.

Doesn't the second one include open bar and buffet?

If you go to the Playa Mia website I think you will see all the different options that you can buy direct. The Royal Caribbean excursion includes transport but that is easy enough to do yourself on Cozumel.

Yes thank you. That may be the difference as it does mention open bar and buffet in the deluxe one but not the other.

You can book Playa Mia on your own and grab a taxi - arrive and depart on your schedule.

Coz is an easy island and the taxis are fairly well regulated (unlike the crooks in Philly! :mad: ) -- lots of beach clubs to choose from.

Good to know. If these places are easy to get to, then taking a taxi on our own works too. Then we are on our own time. We are in port from something like 8am - 6pm so timing is not an issue.

P.S. - WE don't necessarily need an aqua park....and it even makes me a bit nervous with my kids out in the ocean like that. Just looking for a nice pretty clean beach...and use of facilities (or able to rent stuff) is a bonus.

Exciting that you have another cruise booked. :D

I also noticed you mentioned the sand was course. Maybe that is another trait that would be similar at other beaches, but when going to the Caribbean, finding a place with soft white sand is nice too. We went to Little Divi in St Maartin and the water was rough and sand was darker and course..so we didn't enjoy our day as much.

I'll definitely look more into places. Enjoy your upcoming cruise.

We didn’t have white sand in other places, but it was smaller grain than Coz. My favorites are Grand Cayman and ... Prince Edward Island. LOL