What to take into port?

AandQ

Hi,

I’m sorry if this is a repeat! Question about going into port...my hubby and I always travel with Bubbas, they are fantastic for water and lemonade and keep the ice all day at the pool and beach. My question is will we be allowed to take these off the ship and into port? Thanks!

It depends on the port. Each locality has its own laws and you will need to follow them. On our recent visit to Mexico, they were not allowing us to disembark with ANYTHING, including a sealed bottle of water. I think the game was "let's force the to contribute to the local economy." At US ports, you are not permitted to disembark with any fresh fruit or animal products. In most places, there is no problem with a container of water or factory sealed snacks.

We always carry bottled water off the ship with us in port. I have never had problems bringing a bottle back on board either. Occasionally I bring some rolls off with us and some people will bring sandwiches from the International Cafe with them. Some ports are real strict about bring food of any kind off the ship but I've never had a problem bringing bottled water.

We always carry bottled water off the ship with us in port. I have never had problems bringing a bottle back on board either. Occasionally I bring some rolls off with us and some people will bring sandwiches from the International Cafe with them. Some ports are real strict about bring food of any kind off the ship but I've never had a problem bringing bottled water.

I hadn't either until this one Mexican stop....it was West Coast, don't remember which stop....the Mexican government/port authority/whoever (not the ship's personnel) were scanning and inspecting everything and not permitting ANY food or beverage in. It was quite out of the norm.

They may let your off with your drinks, but you won't be able to reboard with them...anything left will have to be drunken or dumped!

We seldom take much off the ship....who wants to carry too much? If we go to a beach, I bring a small tote for book, sunscreen, etc....and our towels. If we're just shopping or walking about, I only bring my purse. Food and drink is almost always available on shore.

I hadn't either until this one Mexican stop....it was West Coast' date=' don't remember which stop....the Mexican government/port authority/whoever (not the ship's personnel) were scanning and inspecting everything and not permitting ANY food or beverage in. It was quite out of the norm.[/quote']

Was Princess still selling water right before you exited the ship?