Your opinion on Pre Purchased Photo Package

Tallcruiser

Right now it is $199 to pre-purchase the photo package. I think most photos are around $20. So if you think you might like to purchase at least 10 photos it is a good idea. My husband, son and I did a 10 day Christmas cruise last year and purchased the package. I felt that it was well worth it. We got a lot of nice family pictures. We also got to know most of the photographers and it was fun to take pictures almost every night. The package included the photos taken when you get off at each port. We usually don’t even take these, but since it was included we took them in every port. They give you the hard copies and the digital file of each photo. It was nice to put the destination photos in the photo book that I ordered online after the cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We purchased it last year and have done so for our next cruise in May. We were traveling with two other couples and had fun taking pictures of the 6 of us, just the guys, just the girls, all of us getting off the ship in port....as long as either my Husband or I were in the photo, it was included in the package. I would sort through all of the hard copy pictures and kept the ones I wanted and let the other two couples divide up what was left. Then I sent them the 164 digital copies when we got home.

We purchased the package last year at the sale price of $99. It was offered in Jan/Feb of 2017 at that low price. We enjoyed the special and brought home lots of pics. This year it was at $199. Instead I purchased the $40 embarkation package. I was not pleased with these but there were no exchanges so I brought them home with one other formal pic. The lighting seemed off in our dining room pics so I didn’t buy those and the port pics were ok. We did do a girls only (no hubbys) pic and that was fun. It’s a shame they print all those pics and a lot get destroyed.

The photo package is great, especially when it’s only $99.

The challenge is to get to the various stations on the ship on a photo night. Especially when you have early dinner & want to get to the first show.

Remember you will have lots of photos at the end, especially if it’s a long cruise.

As a professional photographer before they do an excellent job & you wind up some great photos. They’re also put onto a flash stick so you can use them for anything you want.

It’s a great way to have family photos taken that can be a remembrance of your cruise.

Tom😎

Thank you for your quick response. While it would be nice if they brought back the $99.00 deal, it sounds like you all agree that at the $199.00 is still of value if we take advantage of most of the photo ops.

We are on a longer cruise, Thank you for sharing your opinions!

We took advantage of this recently

Had our own themes too

What i didn't like was they want you to book private black and white sittings for extra

After the last formal night no more photos

We took advantage of this recently

Had our own themes too

What i didn't like was they want you to book private black and white sittings for extra

After the last formal night no more photos

But there is no requirement to do that. Just say "no."

I have a question regarding the photos that come on the flash drive when you buy the package. Do the copies have the port specific borders on them or are they just plain? I'm referring to the pictures that are taken as you disembark in each port. thanks! :)

For a special occasion cruise, maybe, especially if it was $99. For us, we have never needed or wanted that many photos.

I do usually buy a couple of photos; usually the embarkation photo and maybe one other of the two of us, since we seldom are photograped together otherwise.

I was very annoyed on our January Emerald Princes cruise that, for instance, to buy the embarkation photo you had to buy two indentical photos, with different borders, for $40.

You could not buy just one; had to take the two. I don't want two identical photos and don't even like the cheesy borders. I ended up not buying any for the first time ever.

I have a question regarding the photos that come on the flash drive when you buy the package. Do the copies have the port specific borders on them or are they just plain? I'm referring to the pictures that are taken as you disembark in each port. thanks! :)

Yes, they have all of the borders included. These are great, if you make books online, as I do.

Everything on the flash drive is an exact copy of the print that you see.

Tom😀

Just curious -- how far in advance of the cruise have you seen the $99 deal? My cruise is still 200 days away but I check the personalizer every day and so far the price has been $199.

We purchased the $99 package in Feb 2017 for our May cruise last year. The price was too good to pass up so I immediately added it for our May 2018 cruise as well. It was great to take lots of pictures rather than say "no thank you" because you know you are only going to buy a couple of photos.

If you take a lot of pictures, it's still a good deal at $199. If you don't take a lot of pictures, maybe not such a good deal. The flash drive is really nice and it made it easy to make a scrapbook. It would totally buy the $199 package if I were sailing with a group. If it's just the two of us, I think we would be better off just buying a few pictures.

I have not seen the $99 price offered again since Feb 2017.

Right now it is $199 to pre-purchase the photo package. I think most photos are around $20. So if you think you might like to purchase at least 10 photos it is a good idea. My husband, son and I did a 10 day Christmas cruise last year and purchased the package. I felt that it was well worth it. We got a lot of nice family pictures. We also got to know most of the photographers and it was fun to take pictures almost every night. The package included the photos taken when you get off at each port. We usually don’t even take these, but since it was included we took them in every port. They give you the hard copies and the digital file of each photo. It was nice to put the destination photos in the photo book that I ordered online after the cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The cost for the 8"x 10" photos are $25.00 each now, not $20.00. This is what we were charged on the Grand last month (Feb 2018). Depending on the length of your cruise and the number of ports you visit, you may want to consider pre-purchasing the photo package.

Paul

Thanks everyone for sharing your answers. I would not hesitate to buy the package at $99.00. We sail in just a month and I have not seen the offer drop from the pre purchase of $199.00. Normally I don't even have the embarkation pic.s taken but this is a special cruise. I am taking my DDL on her first trip to Alaska and celebrating her milestone birthday and more. I thought it would be nice to have some special pictures taken with her. Sounds like if we plan on buying more than 4 photos that is would be worth the $199.00 package and make sure we jump in front of the lens as often as we can and really get our moneys worth.

Several years ago I treated the whole family to a cruise together. I did not think ahead to buy the package. We ended up having a lot of pictures taken and of course I could not leave them behind. It was really pricey as I recall but I do treasure the photos of my family all together.

This is another one of those special times. I know we will take most of the pictures on our own cameras, just having the professional shots would be nice.

I would not be interested in the upscale Black and White photos and have no problem declining them.

They periodically offer the $99 package for a cruise so you just have to look at your cruise personalizer often to see if it’s being offered. I’ve only purchased it when it was $99.

The only time I have seen it at the $99 price was the first quarter of 2017 when they were experimenting with pricing.

Do you know of a $99 offer after that time?

The prepurchase price on the Regal was $199. I’ve never bought the package and just buy the photos I really like. So far this trip, I’ve spent $15 on one picture. I haven’t seen last night’s formal pictures, though. I might buy another one or two if those come out good. I would probably buy the package if traveling with a group or maybe for a special occasion.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...
How many day out do the packages go on sale? My December cruise does not have a package available. I've never been on a cruise that offered them and as I travel with my children it would be something I would buy for sure!

I've been watching our December cruise, too, and the package is not available for pre-purchase. I've called Princess and can't seem to get an answer other than the package is not available now. I'm hoping at least they will offer the package on the cruise - we are going with some extended family, and I'd love to have all of the photos, even if I have to pay full price. I love the package! The extra photos work great with my photo memory books.

Definitely worth in for us......we were on Majestic..and the photos are all digital....so we did not have to search on walls what a time saver...

If you are on the ship and decide you want to buy several they will put you into the $249...package only advantage of booking now is you save $50.

Edited by land lover