Hi again Sheila,

We did book a balcony....in fact a mid ship mini suite. There were a couple of reasons for us: First the size of the rooms, (inside appears smaller) 2nd the fact that Alaska has some of the best scenery of any place I have ever been. The balcony was a big plus, as this 'opens' up the room and gives a bit more breathing room, and a place to watch for whales, and glaciers etc etc while cruising. I read many posts here and at other sites and the mini suite was the answer for us.

When we sailed in Europe I was in an inside cabin and (myself speaking) vowed I would never sleep without at least a window. A personal preference for me.

As I mentioned this is a cruise with 3 girls and me, so I am going to be the odd "man" out, and space is going to be at a premium for us.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

===================
Click Here to Email Me
===================

Sailed:
  • Aug 1993 - Alaska Inside Passage - via Vancouver - 'Original' Star Princess
  • July 2009 - Baltics (Dover, England to St.Petersburg, Russia) NCL Jewel
  • July 15, 2012 - Alaska Inside Passage - via Seattle - NCL Pearl
  • September 1st 2013 - Castles On the Rhine - Uniworld's 'SS Antoinette'
  • June 4, 2014 - Rome & Med. - NCL Epic (roundtrip)
  • February 10, 2015 - (Coastal) LA - Ensenada - Crown Princess
  • March 27, 2016 - Panama Canal - Miami to San Diego - Celebrity Infinity
  • September 30, 2016 - New England - Quebec City to Boston - NCL Dawn
  • March 9, 2017 - California Coastal / Catalina Island - Star Princess
  • February 16, 2018 - Panama Canal - Miami to Los Angeles - NCL Star
  • June 23, 2018 - Alaska Land/Cruise - Fairbanks to Vancouver - Celebrity Millennium
Booked:
  • February 20, 2019 - Hawaii - 17 nights - San Diego (RT) - HAL Eurodam
  • January 26, 2020 - Western Caribbean - 12 nights - New Orleans (RT) - NCL Getaway
  • September 22, 2019 Pacific NW - AQSC - Columbia River Cruise via American Empress
  • Our Bucket List:
  • Coastal Cruise (West Coast - for Daughter in Law)