Purchasing a case of water

mjktg99

I am looking to buy a case of water on the boat. I know I can get it from the fun shops before hand and have it delivered to the room. But where could I buy it when I'm on the boat? I think if I order it now, I have to pay port tax.

I am also interested in the answer to this, though mostly just in case we run out. I've got to say, cases of water on Carnival are so much more reasonably priced than in other brands.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

At under $3 for the case in advance the tax is negligible - I paid $5.98 for two 12 packs ($2.99 each...no tax added)

What size water did you buy? The regular size ones are for $4.50 per case. I believe it was $3.99 but raised late last year.

12 pack of water is now up to $4.50 if you order through fun ships. IMO it's still worth it. The water on board is about $3 a bottle for a small one. You may have to pay port taxes if you want it on day 1 but you can request it on day 2 and they will not charge you.

I think the tap water is fine on the ship but DW and son like the bottles.

It is a 12 pack not a case. If you order it when you are on the ship you get it from room service and they charge you a gratuity. I believe it is 15%. The cheapest way to purchase a 12 pack of water is prior to sailing via the fun shops.

12 pack of water is now up to $4.50 if you order through fun ships. IMO it's still worth it.
I had reason to check the price on both Holland America and Royal Caribbean and I don't remember which was which but I think one was $39 and the other was $59, instead of $4.50 on Carnival.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Whether or not tax is added is determined by when you want it delivered. If you want it waiting in your cabin, tax will be added. Have it delivered the first night or next day, no tax. Often when I order to be delivered the first night - it is waiting in the cabin when we get there anyway.

If you order in advance, is it waiting in your room when you board? Or delivered later in the cruise?
Delivered sometime on the first day. Whether it's waiting for you depends on when you board.

If you order in advance, is it waiting in your room when you board? Or delivered later in the cruise?

You can select when you would like it delivered. I just ordered $57 worth of drinks for an upcoming cruise to be delivered day 1 and the tax was $2.88.

We ordered two 12 packs at $4.50 each - no sales tax for us either. They were in our cabin when we arrived about 1 pm on our cruise last October. I wonder if the sales tax is applied because of your state of residency. We are from Delaware, one of only a few states with no sales tax.

It is a 12 pack not a case. If you order it when you are on the ship you get it from room service and they charge you a gratuity. I believe it is 15%. The cheapest way to purchase a 12 pack of water is prior to sailing via the fun shops.

They do not charge a 15% gratuity. As for all Room Service orders, a tip is appropriate for the person who delivers your order. Your choice.

Wow. Paying several hundred dollars per person to cruise, and worried about minuscule pennies of tax for water. Freaking priceless.

If those few pennies of tax are hurting your budget, maybe cruising isn't for you.

Thank you for your valuable contribution to this thread. It was freaking priceless.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app