Please Help With Vista Suite Caribe Deck Question

princess09

I currently have a midship mini suite on the Golden. The only Vista Suite available is on Caribe. I know Dolphin Vista has a larger balcony and no premium balcony next to it and Caribe does...BUT...a Suite sure is tempting and the price is right.

What To Do???:confused:

With a full suite you will get all the full suite benefits. If the price is right for you I would take it. The balcony does not look that much smaller. Both decks have an adjacent balcony cabin, and the Caribe deck also has an adjacent full suite.

I currently have a midship mini suite on the Golden. The only Vista Suite available is on Caribe. I know Dolphin Vista has a larger balcony and no premium balcony next to it and Caribe does...BUT...a Suite sure is tempting and the price is right.

What To Do???:confused:

Don't know if this will help. We came off Crown about three weeks ago We were given a complimentary upgrade to a Vista Suite Cabin No C751 - first ever after 60 cruises with Princess!!! For what it is worth, I wouldn't have wanted to have paid the extra to upgrade. The actual stateroom was lovely with sitting area, separate toilet, walk in shower and jacuzzi bath. The real disappointment was the balcony and the intrusive supporting beam. The balcony depth was so narrow that the loungers had to be placed at an angle and the table and chairs outside the lounge area hardly had any access if four people wanted to dine. Bear in mind if you are of limited mobility it us a lomg walk to front and even middle lifts/stairs.

However, the breakfast in Sabatini's is wonderful, along with the compiimentary mini bar, and free speciality dinner for one night.

Having said said all that, if the price is right, then it's up to you if you are not big balcony users and want to have the suite experience.

Take it! I was offered that same cabin and didn't because we had the last 3 balconies on Caribe together and had the connecting doors open, but friends traveling on same cruise took it and loved it. We spent a lot of time on their balcony and got to enjoy the wonderful wake views!

To be honest, this is the first time I've read a complaint about "the beam" or the depth of the Caribe deck Vista suite balconies. Yes, it is a little off-putting . . . . for about 5 minutes and after that you never think of it again. The Vista suites are my favorite cabins--any Vista suites.

Just my feelings on the particular Vista suite we sailed in. As I said I was just commenting in C751 and after sailing in different cabins over the last 30 years, I did find the balcony disappointing. However, I have also noticed that C751 Vista Suite on the Grand Class ships is usually the last one to be taken.