Bob marley bus adventure 5.5 hours

Samanthamelody3

Rum punch was served. No smoking on the bus... but when you get to Bob Marleys place, kids will hang on the outside of the buss trying to sell joints... and there are just "hands" reaching under the gate selling j's. Never felt unsafe... the grounds were pretty and it is definitely an adventure! People book time to privately smoke a doob at his mosleum. They have a reggae guy ther who played music and you learn more about the Rasta history... beware of the guy selling "tea" from the truck, there is funny stuff in that tea! Lolol...

Hi everyone -

Has anyone done this excursion with Carnival?

I have been to Jamaica a few times but have not done this tour and I'd really like to.

Are drinks served or do we bring our own (yes, I want to drink in Jamaica!).

Do people "smoke" on the bus?

Thank you!

Yes we have done it 2x...great tour that you drive through the island to get to Bob Marleys grave.

You can partake in the "smoking" at the destination, not on the bus. It is a very nice area with lots of history. I highly recommend

I have no interest in smoking, I only asked as I have asthma and have a hard time breathing sometimes.

Can we buy drinks other than rum punch, or is it strong enough?

I think it's about time I learned some history in Jamaica.

I did the tour and I can tell you that punch is potent.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As far as partaking in the full experience your tour guide will tell you to only buy it at the compound at the gate but they must get a kick back. When you leave the ship and get on the bus your first stop will be an outside bar. Where you can use the bathrooms and get a drink at the bar. You also get a complimentary beef patty. There was a guy that walked through the area and asked some of the guys if we wanted to buy some but no one did because the guides said to wait. When you get to the compound if you want to partake the guide takes you outside the compound and you line up along the wall where you go one at a time into a little room where the main dealer is. It is $20 for each joint and they also have cake that was also expensive. Before you see the main guy no one on the street will talk to you or try to sell you anything. But once you buy from the main guy and walk back to the street they try to sell you everything from cd's, lighters, and hash oil. During the tour I was approached by 3 other dealers trying to sell me a joint for $5. After the tour we were allowed to smoke on the bus ride back to the outside bar where we had lunch. We were also allowed to smoke at the bar. If you don't smoke or want to be around it this might not be the excursion for you. There are numerous tours going on at the same time and it is very crowded. Most people are smoking and it is everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums