“Live” from the "Jewel of the Seas": April 13-April 18,2013

I'll wave to you as you get off the ship. ;). Bring her back safe to me.:D

Would you mind letting me know who the bartender is in the Champagne Bar? Curious if either of my favorites are still there.

Mr. Fun,

Do you bring bottled water onboard? Can you check if they are still allowing it to be carried on?

We have always taken some on in the past, but there have been a few reports of some being denied. We won't bring on a whole case, but maybe 6-8 bottles in my rolling carry on. Also like to bring a few caffeine free diet cokes.

We sail in 10 days, so will be following along to help pass the time this week.

Thanks for doing this.

About 12 hours from now I'll be on the Jewel of the Seas!! Wahoo! The best part of this cruise is being 10 minutes from the cruise port and not worrying about others traveling with me. It will be such a relaxing embarking day.

Thanks your awesome!! I dont know why I am stressing over this so much. I am new to Royal Caribbean and not familiar with their ships at all and I keep thinking I am going to make a mistake with which room I choose.

No problem, hopefully I'm able to grab some pictures.

Looking forward to your review. We will be on Jewel in May!

Bon Voyage

Thanks for traveling along!

Subscribing! Looking forward to cruising with you!

Thanks for traveling along!

I'll wave to you as you get off the ship. Bring her back safe to me.

Would you mind letting me know who the bartender is in the Champagne Bar? Curious if either of my favorites are still there.

I'll see what I can do, am sure I'll be getting to know quite a few of the bartenders with the drink package.

I just finished 'cruising' with Radio and am thrilled to see I can do a "B2B" with you! Just love living vicariously through the live threads!!!!

Glad your joining in for a nice B2B cruise. :)

Mr. Fun,

Do you bring bottled water onboard? Can you check if they are still allowing it to be carried on?

We have always taken some on in the past, but there have been a few reports of some being denied. We won't bring on a whole case, but maybe 6-8 bottles in my rolling carry on. Also like to bring a few caffeine free diet cokes.

Thanks for doing this.

This is a great question and funny that you should ask. I know by the T's & C's with Royal Caribbean bringing water and soda aboard isn't "allowed" but I too have seen reports of cruisers slapping a room tag on a case of water and it arriving. I've placed an 8 pack of water in my back pack and will be carrying it on so I'll surely be reporting if they take it or not. :D

Looking forward to this thread as my birthday cruise will be on the Jewel.

I'd just be interested in knowing the best spots for wi fi as I'll also have my iPad with me.

Thanks!

I'll surely be letting you know since I'll be using WiFi with my iPhone & iPad throughout this cruise. Thanks for traveling along.

Hey there....We cruised together in December onboard the Carnival Ecstasy. You're crossing over to the Darkside.....have a great time on your cruise

That was a great cruise we were on. It's good to be getting back on to a RC ship too. :D Thanks for following along.

I'm on the Jewel's repo cruise in May so eagerly tagging along with you

Thanks for traveling along! Wish I was on the repo cruise too, I almost turned this cruise into a B2B but decided to hold off.

Mistake

Haha. Don't you that when you go to comment on a thread and then click on the wrong one, write it then realize it was posted on the wrong thread. Hate when that happens. :)

Edited by MrFunInTheSun

Hello MrFunInTheSun,

I talked to you on an earlier thread about the Drink package. I was hoping you could see if Knob Creek Bourbon was included. Also what is the "best" Tequila that you can get? Is the Sauza Conmemorativo included? Also are any champagne/sparkling wines on the list to choose from? Thank you so much for taking the time out of your vacation time to get info for me. I hope you have a fantastic time. I will be reading along with you!!

Chris

Looking forward to this thread as my birthday cruise will be on the Jewel.

I'd just be interested in knowing the best spots for wi fi as I'll also have my iPad with me.

Thanks!

I was on the jewel earlier this month. Best wifi was in the library area, but I saw people using their iPads everywhere.

Mr. Fun,

Thanks for doing this.

Earlier this month on the Jewel and we carried on water ( not a whole case though), some pineapple juice and cranberry juice. All that happened is they were checked out to make sure the bottles were unopened.

Mr. Fun,

Thanks for doing this.

I packed waters and my wine allowance, 4 bottles for two rooms in a small rolling luggage and carried it on no problem, they never even opened it to inspect.

Answer to tdmullins: I have been in the concierge lounge on the Jewel and yes you can see the balconies and people standing out there from the windows in the lounge. But I don't think people go into the lounge to stare at the balconies, rather to look out at the sea. Just don't go naked or you might be in for a surprise..ha ha

Wahoo! It's cruise day! I'm enjoying a nice cup of coffee here in the sun by the pool before I do a few last minute things around the house and head to the port. It surely was a nice surprise to see the sun as its been more cloudy than sunny the past few days. Does everyone have their virtual bags packed ready to board the beautiful Jewel of the Seas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

Answer to tdmullins: I have been in the concierge lounge on the Jewel and yes you can see the balconies and people standing out there from the windows in the lounge. But I don't think people go into the lounge to stare at the balconies, rather to look out at the sea. Just don't go naked or you might be in for a surprise..ha ha

Thanks Jamon! I will try to keep my clothes on..lol. So you can actually see several balconies and not just the one next to it?

Wahoo! It's cruise day! I'm enjoying a nice cup of coffee here in the sun by the pool before I do a few last minute things around the house and head to the port. It surely was a nice surprise to see the sun as its been more cloudy than sunny the past few days. Does everyone have their virtual bags packed ready to board the beautiful Jewel of the Seas!

YEA!! Getting excited .... we'll be sailing with you!!!

Wahoo! It's cruise day! Does everyone have their virtual bags packed ready to board the beautiful Jewel of the Seas!

I do!! :D

Subscribing so I can follow along! As others have said I've been following with Radio and Bugsy and they're home now. Gambee is on Day 5 and will be done in the next week (judging by the amount of time he takes with each day - love it!! :p)

We're on Jewel's sister-ship Serenade in July so got an eye on things to look out for when we're onboard. Also getting the premium package so will be interested in your experiences

Hope you have a great time :D

Welcome to Day One "Live" from the Jewel of the Seas.

Before I start out with my uneventful trip to the port of Tampa I've got to say something. I'm in total and udder AWE...this ship is amazing, I'm so mad at myself that I let a good deal last December stop me from cruising then and I cruised the Carnival Ecstasy, so mad at myself. I so would have loved to have brought my DM on this ship, it's simply amazing. I don't think, course I'll never say never, that I will ever step foot on a Carnival ship again, with the exception of the Carnival Freedom or Carnival Breeze. Not that that's off my chest lets begin. :-)

Left my house around 12:40, parked, situated and in my room by 1:15. Best embarkment day ever. I had a few delays thru security as stupid me forgot I put my camera in my pocket of my cargo short. Got in line to check in that was long, then realized I was in the wrong line, got to the gold line and checked right in. Parking at the port was $75 for the 5 days.

First glimpse of the Jewel!

C200621A-ED32-4976-991F-B46A42C18161-18894-00001DFD8FA68311_zpsa054aa1e.jpg

ABF1D142-3BA6-47E3-B0A8-090ED70CB1C9-18894-00001DFD993E78FB_zps9a8aca8e.jpg

69243CA2-B4D0-4647-8B68-0806A3403345-18894-00001DFDA009BF17_zpsca939898.jpg

6A067F3A-B383-4F58-9936-D11D28127E08-18894-00001DFDA67C22ED_zps753158f2.jpg