Zuiderdam Live May 6-17 B2B Coastal and Inside Passage

We are at the Wyndham San Diego watching Zuiderdam dock right now.

For some reason they are using the South Pier (with the tent). We noticed that an NCL ship was there on Monday also- they must be working on the main terminal.

I'm a little disappointed in a way as our room is at the end of the South tower looking directly across to the north dock with the "jetbridge". Oh well, we now get to look a the entire ship.

Hoping that the Noro on board is under control and our delays won't be too long this morning. We plan on walking across to check our large bags around 11 and will see what we are told.

We are at the Wyndham San Diego watching Zuiderdam dock right now.

For some reason they are using the South Pier (with the tent). We noticed that an NCL ship was there on Monday also- they must be working on the main terminal.

I'm a little disappointed in a way as our room is at the end of the South tower looking directly across to the north dock with the "jetbridge". Oh well, we now get to look a the entire ship.

Hoping that the Noro on board is under control and our delays won't be too long this morning. We plan on walking across to check our large bags around 11 and will see what we are told.

Looking forward to your live report. Do let us know how you make out this morning with embarkation.

I too am looking forward to your Live Report....:o I was doing one for the same 11 day cruise that past two years so wish I was on board for a third year. Enjoy!! I really liked combining that 4 day with the 7 day for Alaska :)

Very much looking forward to your report. Let's hope that this delay before boarding gets all the bad stuff out of the way now, and that it's smooth sailing from this afternoon on!

A tip for anyone staying at the Wyndam across from the terminal. the rooms are lovely however, do not get a room with an adjoining door. Ever. The doors are thin.

The neighbors were, well.... frisky and boisterous. All night. It sounded like a remake of The Exorcist. I called the desk at 3:30am and told them if I heard "Oh God" screamed one more time I was going to start yelling "The power of Christ compels you".

The neighbors were, well.... frisky and boisterous. All night. It sounded like a remake of The Exorcist. I called the desk at 3:30am and told them if I heard "Oh God" screamed one more time I was going to start yelling "The power of Christ compels you".

Now that's funny! Hope you managed to get some rest, though.

A tip for anyone staying at the Wyndam across from the terminal. the rooms are lovely however, do not get a room with an adjoining door. Ever. The doors are thin.

Thanks for the laugh! Did it quiet down after that, though?

>SNIP<

Hilarious :D Thanks for the laugh!

Thanks for the morning laugh. Enjoy your cruise guys:):D:)

Thanks for the laugh! Did it quiet down after that, though?

It quieted down after they got a call. Was out in the hall this morning talking to our house sitter and a woman came out of the door next to ours. She looked at me and kind of did the "walk of shame" to the elevator :D

It quieted down after they got a call. Was out in the hall this morning talking to our house sitter and a woman came out of the door next to ours. She looked at me and kind of did the "walk of shame" to the elevator :D

Oh, that's too funny!

I hope you enjoy your cruise!

It appears that the tent on the dock is used for the ships at the south side. This could be interesting with delayed embarkation- the tent isn't that large and appears to be very "basic" with a sani-can next to it. Not looking forward to being crammed into it for any amount of time. We need to be out of our room and don't want to be walking around town with all of our carry on. The main lobby is under construction and the front desk is in a conference room so not a lot of storage space. Also our room is closer to the pier than the lobby.

Has anyone used this side of the terminal? I can't believe with all of the ships HAL brings in here they would allow this- we are the only ship in port. There is a big terminal next to the North dock and a brand new terminal 1/2 a block down at Broadway. Anyone know if they use the terminal for check in or is everything in the "tent"?

Edited by frankc98376

too funny. I can tell this is going to be a great live thread!

Passengers have been disembarking since about 8:30- Immigration must have cleared.

That's good news. There were over 1300 passengers that were non-American as I understood it from a cc member on board. Sounds like your embarkation may be ok. Fingers crossed:)

too funny. I can tell this is going to be a great live thread!

That's good news. There were over 1300 passengers that were non-American as I understood it from a cc member on board. Sounds like your embarkation may be ok. Fingers crossed:)

Looks like all of the in-transit passengers going off now.

Big crane loading big wood crates onto the sun deck above Crows Nest

442475209_CraneZuiderdam.jpg.9c18f79a4f86196f4fb143fdc4a6c8b2.jpg

Edited by frankc98376

Looking forward to reading your live review until about 6:00 am Thursday. Hope you'll be able to board with enough time to walk around the area a bit. When I lived in San Digo, That was always my favorite area to walk around. Please--do not bring Zuiderdam Noro to Vancouver!!!!

Lisa, That was fun last year and hope to be sailing again with you and Tom next year!

Diane