Stone Island/City Tour w/Mazatlan Frank

cruzin princess

I have become very discouraged with

Mazatlan Frank. I have emailed several times and also re-emailed his link that says if you haven't heard in two days click here. At this point, I don't know what to do next. Maybe he is all booked up, but an email saying that would be nice.

That's really odd. I've just booked an excursion with Frank for April 2007, and he corresponded as if it were for next week. I think there was only one e-mail that went unanswered for over 24 hours; when he did reply, he apologized because he had been under the weather.

Hang in there. Can't help but think you'll hear from Frank soon.

Becky

That is very unusual for Frank. You could try sending one more email, but check the options for "Request Read Receipt" and "Request Delivery Receipt" (it is under View, Options... when you are composing your message in Outlook or Outlook Express). This will let you know if he actually receives your message.

Here is his actual email address just in case: fkole2000@hotmail.com

Hope that helps! Good Luck.

I heard from Mazatlan Frank this morning. Apparently he has trouble getting emails from Road Runner.com He's a very nice man and hopefully we will be able to set up a tour with him.

• 4 years later...

We are thinking of booking an City Tour/Stone Island excursion through Mazatlan Frank .. he said that we should be back to the ship by 3:30 (we depart at 5:30) he is busy with another tour but has one of his associates doing this tour for him ..

Are these independent companies pretty reliable on getting us back to the ship in time ?? Of course we don't want to miss the ship !!

We are thinking of booking an City Tour/Stone Island excursion through Mazatlan Frank .. he said that we should be back to the ship by 3:30 (we depart at 5:30) he is busy with another tour but has one of his associates doing this tour for him ..

Are these independent companies pretty reliable on getting us back to the ship in time ?? Of course we don't want to miss the ship !!

Yes, they are reliable. Their livelihood depends on recommendations from those that have used them. The last thing they would want is someone posting on cruise boards that they missed their ship. We toured with Frank in 2008 and found him very professional and concerned about the needs of those that were touring with him. However, there is always a chance for some unforeseen thing that can happen. I'm willing to take that very little chance to tour with such wonderful companies as Franks. I would also imagine that Frank has some check points in place should something go wrong with his tour and one of his associates. I really think you should book and enjoy your tour!:D

BTW - in my 14 cruises our day with Frank is among my top 3!

Edited by chloedmom

Mazatlan Franks is one of the better known tour companies in the area -- very reputable. I don't think you would have a problem getting back in time. Funny thing, Stone Island is virtually right around the corner from where the ship is docked. There is a nice beach there and you can either purchase chairs and drinks from one of the local set ups there, book an all inclusive there (nothing more than an average lunch, cocktails, drinks and a beach chair) or find an option for riding horses on the beach. Either way, if the Stone Island option is the latter part of the tour, it is right there by the ship so shouldn't be hard to make it back in time.

We went on a tour thru him in Sept. and had one of his associates and thoroughly enjoyed our tour!! Very knowledgeable...and they will definitely make sure you get back on time. I'm drawing a blank on his name right now...but if I heard his name I would know it.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone taken his City Tour followed by Stone Island. Like the OP, I think it sounds great. Best of both world...a taste of the city (I really want to see the cliff divers) followed by fun on Stone Island. I'm in! :p

Was curious if anyone had tried it first hand though. It sounds most of you are doing it on your own.

• 1 month later...

Yes, I did that exact tour last week with Frank. It was my third time taking a tour with him. I am going to do the same tour again in March because I am travelling with someone else who has not been to Stone Island. Our ship departs at 4:00 and I have total confidence that we won't have any problem getting back in time with Frank. He is a great guy. Mazatlan is my favorite port in the Mexican Riviera because of him.

A little information may help ease your worries about getting back to the ship.

If you decide you want to end your time on Stone Island early, you can walk up the beach toward the channel and go to the small dock just over the dike and get a water taxi to take you across the channel. You can see the ship from the dike, and after you get off the water taxi, it will be about a three block walk back to the cruise terminal.

The water taxi cost is two dollars for a round trip, and most of the time, they don't check for tickets on the return, so TIP THE BOAT OPERATOR if you do this !!

Has anyone taken his City Tour followed by Stone Island. Like the OP, I think it sounds great. Best of both world...a taste of the city (I really want to see the cliff divers) followed by fun on Stone Island. I'm in! :p

Was curious if anyone had tried it first hand though. It sounds most of you are doing it on your own.

I went ahead and booked the City Tour followed by Stone Island with Matzalan Frank a few days ago. Did the deposit & was excited....but DCL has canceled the Matzalan stop for our sailing due to the Mexico violence.

Sad for the people of Matzalan who depend on Tourism for their economy.

We just found out that the wonder will not be going to Mazatlan. I assume because of the drug wars. We will be visiting Cabo twice now/ I need suggestions. Open to anything we were going to do a AI in Mazatlan so would like to do one if possible on one of our days any help would be great!!!!!!:mad:

• 6 years later...

I know this is an old thread, but a bunch of us have been trying to find Matzalan Frank and info about his tours....well he is back finally with a website matzalanfrank.com

I did a tour with him some time ago and it was fabulous and a lot of CruiseCritic members really liked him too!

Hope this helps folks, Lydia of Ohio:)

I know this is an old thread, but a bunch of us have been trying to find Matzalan Frank and info about his tours....well he is back finally with a website matzalanfrank.com

I did a tour with him some time ago and it was fabulous and a lot of CruiseCritic members really liked him too!

Hope this helps folks, Lydia of Ohioclear.png?emoji-smile-1742

Hope this helps folks, Lydia of Ohioclear.png?emoji-smile-1742

I just reviewed his new website. It looks like he is arranging tours with people he knows in Mazatlan but isn’t doing the tours himself. He is very reputable so I would consider his suggestions of tour operators.

• 1 month later...