Complimentary Specialty Dining

gdlamberth

We have booked a cruise with a promotion for one night complimentary specialty dining on Coral Princess. When speaking with Princess yesterday I was told that our "free" specialty Dining would be the first night. We are traveling as a family of 7 in three cabins and I was told that we wouldn't have a choice of which (Bayou or Sabatini's) specialty venue each cabin would be assigned.

When I searched on Specialty Dining I read where several folks have had some success calling the DINE upon boarding and getting their Complimentary Specialty Dining reservation altered. We're on a 15 day family reunion cruise with 12 others and would rather not split the group the very first night.

I would love to hear of any experience anyone has had altering their complimentary dining reservation. Any hints about how to navigate this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg

When we - a family group of 6 - were on the Royal Princess with a complimentary dinner last October I just called the DINE line upon arrival and changed the dinner reservation (I don't think it was for the first night but can't be certain) to the restaurant, date and time we wanted (my husband's birthday). No problem at all.

We've received complimentary dining on multiple cruises and each time I called the Dine line [frequently busy] immediately after arriving at our cabin and told the Dine people the restaurant, day and time I wanted. On a few occasions, we were meeting others who may/may not have had the same TA or booking perk, and one phone call took care of what I wanted. The key is do it ASAP.

Darcy

We just call the DINE line and tell them we want a different venue. If we are assigned Sabatini's we call and say we want Crown Grill instead and it's never problem.

We have done the same thing as Thrak with the same result. There should be a card in your cabin when you board that will have your complementary specialty restaurant reservation place, date, and time. I would be surprised if it will be for the night of embarkation as that is when all the passengers in full suites get a complementary dinner. If you want to change your reservation just call the DINE LINE. I highly recommend the Bayou Cafe on the Coral Princess. Unless things have changed since we last sailed on the Coral Princess, the Bayou Cafe has everything that the Crown Grill on other ships offers but also has some good Cajun dishes.

when i booked my cruise on Regal for October, i received the same "free" specialty Dining promotion too. how do i know which specifically dinning they automatically picked me for me? Is that published in the online docs or in my account? that is crazy that they pick the restaurant for you without giving you the choice.

when i booked my cruise on Regal for October, i received the same "free" specialty Dining promotion too. how do i know which specifically dinning they automatically picked me for me? Is that published in the online docs or in my account? that is crazy that they pick the restaurant for you without giving you the choice.

You won't know which restaurant it is until you board - they do pick it out for you, but it is easily changed by calling the DINE line.

the only thing I might add is to go directly to the specialty dining venue that you want to dine at, talk directly to the person that will be stationed there taking reservations.

you might be pleasantly surprised at what a little personal contact may get you :cool: