Beacon Restaurant - how to get there?

calidreamer

Does anyone have an idea how to get to the Beacon Restaurant? Do you have an idea how much a taxi would be?

I would love to do the full tour of the island ( we did Spencer's Land & Sea last time and we loved it) but we are taking our one your old with us so I am worried full day with dozen of other ppl in a small van and freequent stops/sightseeing might be too much for him.

I'm in love with that view and could easily spend hours just siting and looking at the Pitons but I'm scared the taxi might cost way more than the whole tour with a stop for lunch.

Does anyone have an idea how to get to the Beacon Restaurant? Do you have an idea how much a taxi would be?

I would love to do the full tour of the island ( we did Spencer's Land & Sea last time and we loved it) but we are taking our one your old with us so I am worried full day with dozen of other ppl in a small van and freequent stops/sightseeing might be too much for him.

I'm in love with that view and could easily spend hours just siting and looking at the Pitons but I'm scared the taxi might cost way more than the whole tour with a stop for lunch.

About $120.00 ew including tip.

It's going to run $90-120 one way depending on how many of you thete are, plus lunch itself. Any tip is at your discretion ..

It's a 1.15-1.5 hour drive one way. Be prepared. Winding, mountainous, narrow road. Some stunning views along the way.

If you're going all the way down, consider a little beach time at the Soufriere waterfront, maybe going through the volcano. They're both just a few minutes from Beacon.. Could hit the volcano (20 minute tour) then early lunch, then beach time, then back up to port

Leave plenty of time for your return, whether you do any extra activities or not as there's only one road down and back... And it can be crowded with tours returning also..

Or consider an around the island, ie head down, have lunch, continue around the island on your return for various other views, and slightly easier ride. You're looking at 3+ hour round the island drive, again, at least $200-250 round trip..

And make sure you make a reservation at Beacon.. It can be overrun with tours who have booked their space! Wouldn't want you to miss out

And double check/consider La Haut. Amazing views, small plantation, large grassy area for your little one to run around after the long car ride, delicious food, etc. May be a great alternative if needed..

Thank You. Thats what I thought (~$250), unfortunately its a little bit too much. We did the volcano, mud baths, sugar beach, waterfall etc on our previous trip so thought we could skip it. Well, I did see some "island tours" for about $60-$80pp so maybe I will be lucky enough to find one that stops there ;););)

Thank You!

It's going to run $90-120 one way depending on how many of you thete are, plus lunch itself. Any tip is at your discretion ..

It's a 1.15-1.5 hour drive one way. Be prepared. Winding, mountainous, narrow road. Some stunning views along the way.

If you're going all the way down, consider a little beach time at the Soufriere waterfront, maybe going through the volcano. They're both just a few minutes from Beacon.. Could hit the volcano (20 minute tour) then early lunch, then beach time, then back up to port

Leave plenty of time for your return, whether you do any extra activities or not as there's only one road down and back... And it can be crowded with tours returning also..

Or consider an around the island, ie head down, have lunch, continue around the island on your return for various other views, and slightly easier ride. You're looking at 3+ hour round the island drive, again, at least $200-250 round trip..

And make sure you make a reservation at Beacon.. It can be overrun with tours who have booked their space! Wouldn't want you to miss out

And double check/consider La Haut. Amazing views, small plantation, large grassy area for your little one to run around after the long car ride, delicious food, etc. May be a great alternative if needed..

Our secret is out, thanks to the Princess

Another vote for LH - For the quality delivered, they offer very reasonable day passes, with very, very reasonable (cheap) prices for children (they are welcomed).

LH has a private car service for guests

Contact direct, and early, for prices and to arrange your turnkey day.

You'll not regret it.

Port Royal

A taxi runs for about $100 each way depending on the number of persons plus of course lunch. I would suggest booking through a tour company and specify that you want to have lunch at the beacon, I am sure if you do this private it would be well worth it. It's not logical to pay all of that cash just to go all the way there to eat. If you have been here before its a land then you know it's a long way. Having someone plan an itinerary for you to cut the travel time seems like a better way to spend your money. Check out Serenitytvl, Barefoot, St. Lucia reps and others. I am sure you will be able to find something.

• 2 months later...

We visited the Beacon Restaurant as part of the Celebrity Shore Excursion, which when compared to the taxi rates quoted above, was much, much less - especially with the flash sales that occur from time to time.  Depending on what cruise line you are sailing and what excursions they offer, you might get a better deal, even with the youngster.

Here is my blog review that includes the Beacon Restaurant, La Soufriere Volcano, and Maranatha Gardens (owned by the people that run the Beacon).   

https://baskeytravels.com/st-lucia/

Heather