Hawaii on the Grand

lbfluffy

We are leaving on Monday. We are packed and ready to go. This is the longest cruise we have ever taken, 15 days. I am excited just strange being away so long. My kids are in their mid to late 20’s so I know they will be fine. But I’ll miss my fur babies. I have two spoiled Boston Terriers. My son will love and care for them, but I know he won’t walk them two miles everyday like I do. He said he would walk them some. Oh and of course my girl Boston is mopey because the luggage is out.

We are leaving on Monday. We are packed and ready to go. This is the longest cruise we have ever taken, 15 days. I am excited just strange being away so long. My kids are in their mid to late 20’s so I know they will be fine. But I’ll miss my fur babies. I have two spoiled Boston Terriers. My son will love and care for them, but I know he won’t walk them two miles everyday like I do. He said he would walk them some. Oh and of course my girl Boston is mopey because the luggage is out.

We leave Tuesday on the Star, same itinerary only from LA. Talk about mopey, you should see our cats right now. :D

We leave Tuesday on the Star, same itinerary only from LA. Talk about mopey, you should see our cats right now. :D

We have to pack in the guest room and sneak our clothes in the suitcases. It’s hilarious. But I’m pretty sure my girl gets it. She’s smart. My boy is laid back not as attached to me.

We have to pack in the guest room and sneak our clothes in the suitcases. It’s hilarious. But I’m pretty sure my girl gets it. She’s smart. My boy is laid back not as attached to me.

Guess what? They all get it. Whoever thinks animals don't know what is going on is totally mistaken. Anyway, enjoy your Hawaiian cruise. I'm sure that the fur babies will survive and be back to normal again a day or two after you are home. Ours always seem to. Aloha!

Guess what? They all get it. Whoever thinks animals don't know what is going on is totally mistaken. Anyway, enjoy your Hawaiian cruise. I'm sure that the fur babies will survive and be back to normal again a day or two after you are home. Ours always seem to. Aloha!

So true. I do worry about my cat Nascar, though, as she's 18 1/2 years old. I always hope she's around when we get back to tell us how mad she is with us!

We wanted to do the Hawaii loop in January but alas my fur baby (cat) is 16+ and not in great health. She needs lots of TLC, special feeding and love. At this point we won't leave the house for more than a quick overnight at our kids. And yes she knows when the bags come out and lets us know about it in the middle of the night.

Enjoy your cruise! Report back with the details and some photos if you can. We will get there at some point and would love to see/hear what you thought of it.

You are going to have a great time. Here is a link to a video I made from my Grand Princess Hawaii cruise last April. Enjoy

Great video. Now I’m hungry. It looks like you did the Chef’s Table. We plan to do that again.

Weather looked rainy.

Thanks for sharing.

Jessica

Great video. Now I’m hungry. It looks like you did the Chef’s Table. We plan to do that again.

Weather looked rainy.

Thanks for sharing.

Jessica

Yes we did! I have done it twice in 10 cruises with Princess. The main course selection this time was not my favorite but everything else was wonderful. It only rained at the end when we arrived in Ensenada and up the coast to San Francisco the next day. In fact we had a pretty wild storm and the Captain moved slow up the coast during the peak of it so no-one got hurt or ill. Have a great time!

Yes we did! I have done it twice in 10 cruises with Princess. The main course selection this time was not my favorite but everything else was wonderful. It only rained at the end when we arrived in Ensenada and up the coast to San Francisco the next day. In fact we had a pretty wild storm and the Captain moved slow up the coast during the peak of it so no-one got hurt or ill. Have a great time!

Wow good call on the captain. I hope we get in on the Chef’s Table. We loved it. I’m not a foodie but I appreciated all the new foods to try. It was amazing. And my husband loved it too.

I used to have a cat and we had to be so careful when packing. If we weren’t watching, he would get inside the suitcase and pee! I read that they “scent,” it to help you find your way back home. I think he did it because he was just mad though! Lol

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! How was your cruise? We booked a 15 day to Hawaii out of SF for April 2019. Looking forward to your review!

We just did the 15 day Hawaii out of SF and really enjoyed it. Embarkation and disembarking went very smoothly. The ship’s interior venues are beautiful. Lots of activities and shows to keep you busy. I had never been out in open ocean before, so I was concerned about sea sickness, but our cabin was midship and the ride was pretty smooth the entire time. Food in the dining room was mostly good, although I had to add salt to a lot of it, (which I never do at home.) we did the Ultimate Balcony Dinner one night which was awesome. Also the food in the Crown Grill is great. We used the laundromat about halfway through so we didn’t have to bring as much clothes. It’s six dollars to wash and dry. The weather wasn’t great, so we didn’t spend as much time outside as I would’ve liked. We did fit in a couple pool days though. My husband got a little bored with so many sea days, but I didn’t mind. It would’ve been nice to have more time in the Islands, but nothing can be done about that. Over all, we had a great time and I would definitely do this ship again, but maybe a different itinerary.

Sent from my iPad using Forums