Coffee card regal

beachmets

boarded today and had pre ordered a coffee card. Went to get 2 regular coffees and was told I had to finish one and then come back to get another. In other words you can’t get 2 regular coffees at the same time. This must be a change. Wasn’t impressed. Guess I can get mine and give my card to my husband to go get his

boarded today and had pre ordered a coffee card. Went to get 2 regular coffees and was told I had to finish one and then come back to get another. In other words you can’t get 2 regular coffees at the same time. This must be a change. Wasn’t impressed. Guess I can get mine and give my card to my husband to go get his

You could also try talking to the manager. There's no reason to refuse 2 regular coffees at the same time.

If they persist...do as you stated. Use the card for one, then pass it to DH.

If you really want to frost them, pass it to anyone in line that doesn't have a card.:evilsmile:

Always interesting how indignant people can be when challengered for bending the rules too far. Sure, they might let you do it once in awhile but this sounds like it was the plan for the entire cruise s8nce this discovery was made on day 1.

How about the first person on a particular cruise who wants a brewed coffee from the IC buys a card and tapes it up on the wall at the coffee bar so everyone on the ship can make use of it. At the end of the cruise the crew can use the 15 punches for speacialty coffees and then the manager can use it to order one for himself even if all punches are used before finally throwing it out.

AE_Collector

How about the first person on a particular cruise who wants a brewed coffee from the IC buys a card and tapes it up on the wall at the coffee bar so everyone on the ship can make use of it...

AE_Collector

Thats hilarious, give me a break.

Yes, it was hilarious. The coffee card is intended for one person as far as the initial free coffees go. It is not unlike trying to share on AIBP (Premium Beverage or whatever until I memorize new acronym). For the punches, it doesn't matter how many share. A card owner could "pay" for everyone in line and exhaust the punches all at once. Maybe the two concepts confuse some people, but I am sure lots like to try and get by with one card. Just to be safe, we have two for our 60-nighter coming up. I don't drink coffee, but do have some hot chocolate.

When purchasing the card online it specifically says any user can use it and doesn’t allow the card to be assigned to a specific user. 1a33fa47ec1dc1aeff0567913c862a3e.jpg

So I’m not sure the assumption that the free coffee is only for one person is correct. You can only get one free coffee at a time, sure, but sharing the card between people should be no problem

How about the first person on a particular cruise who wants a brewed coffee from the IC buys a card and tapes it up on the wall at the coffee bar so everyone on the ship can make use of it.

Thats hilarious, give me a break.

Maybe ... a few years ago before princess starting writing the voyage number on cards...

People bragged here about laminating them, putting them on a lanyard, and using them for brewed coffee for life.

WRT the original poster, I think the brewed coffee benefit is for a single person.

I have had the barista (sometimes) ask for two cards for two brewed coffees.

As we have a huge glut of cards from trading the mini-bar, this is not a problem...

We disembarked Regal yesterday and had no issue getting 2 brewed coffees on one card.We had a second card from trading out the minibar but nobody ever asked to see it.

We disembarked Regal yesterday and had no issue getting 2 brewed coffees on one card.We had a second card from trading out the minibar but nobody ever asked to see it.

I never heard of trading out the mini bar for a coffee card! How does that work...we’re sailing on the Regal TA/Baltic for 25 days on April 15th and am curious about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I never heard of trading out the mini bar for a coffee card! How does that work...we’re sailing on the Regal TA/Baltic for 25 days on April 15th and am curious about this.

The minibar can be exchanged for 2 coffee cards.We happened to be dropping our carryons off when the minibar was being delivered and he said the cards would be delivered later.They were in the cabin upon our return but they dated both cards for that voyage.

The minibar can be exchanged for 2 coffee cards.We happened to be dropping our carryons off when the minibar was being delivered and he said the cards would be delivered later.They were in the cabin upon our return but they dated both cards for that voyage.

I am curious what does it mean "trading minibar for coffee card". How do you get this minibar?

I am curious what does it mean "trading minibar for coffee card". How do you get this minibar?

When you are Captain's Circle Elite or book a full suite you receive a comp. mini bar set up in your cabin which can be traded for two coffee cards.

When you are Captain's Circle Elite or book a full suite you receive a comp. mini bar set up in your cabin which can be traded for two coffee cards.

Lol....thanks for responding! That’s why I’ve never heard of it!

Many passengers like to send their spouse to the coffee bar in the am to get coffee to bring back to their cabin. How about showing up at the coffee bar with both cards and get one cup on each? Would this work?

Yes this would work, two cards two coffees. Just as an FYI there are multiple coffee cards for sale on Ebay for a nice savings.

We will have two cards.

Won't be a problem!!

Having said that, any policy about restricting something as simple as "unlimited" coffee is completely ridicuolous.

NO Words.

Princess really seems to know NO limits. : (

Seriously, my husband wouldn't be able to bring my old, decrepit, disabled behind a coffee.

Seriously???

I would have to get up and take my behind to get a coffee????

Good thing we will have an extra card in hand.

Many passengers like to send their spouse to the coffee bar in the am to get coffee to bring back to their cabin. How about showing up at the coffee bar with both cards and get one cup on each? Would this work?

That is the way it is suppose to work , 1 card 1 coffee .

There always will be those servers that do otherwise .

Many will Single punch for a large Specialty Coffee also.

Thanks. Unfortunately I am Elite with Celebrity Cruises only.

You can order 2 specialty coffees that require a punch but I thought for the brewed unlimited coffee it was one coffee at a time.

I believe that is the case. It prevents one person from sharing the freebies. I suspect that is also the reason why there is now a daily limit on the alcoholic drinks on the Unlimited Drink card-sharing!

Tom

I am quite sure that this is the way Princess sees it.

And, clearly the Alcoholic Drink Package is not allowed to be shared.

But, still, very very ridiculous, and just plain cheap and even sad on Prnicess part to do this over a cup of coffee.

It would be interesting to know the fine print.

But, I have never heard of a coffee card is limited to use by only one person.

One has paid for those punches and that card.

If they want to take away the unlimited brewed coffee benefit, then fine.

Just be honest and upfront about it. Not disingenuous.