Cunard shuttles??

bazzaw

I am aware that Cunard (or a Port Authority) sometimes has a shuttle service from some ports , either free or paid -- but do not know which ports this happens at. This is aside from official Ships Shore tours. We will shortly be doing a Baltic Cruise on QE, Norwegian Fjords on QV and TransAtlanic on QM2. I have discovered mostly where these ships will berth and some of them are quite a distance from anywhere of note - eg there is a new berth in Copenhagen which is about 6 klms out of the town in an "industrial" area. Any advice about this matter please??

I am aware that Cunard (or a Port Authority) sometimes has a shuttle service from some ports , either free or paid -- but do not know which ports this happens at. This is aside from official Ships Shore tours. We will shortly be doing a Baltic Cruise on QE, Norwegian Fjords on QV and TransAtlanic on QM2. I have discovered mostly where these ships will berth and some of them are quite a distance from anywhere of note - eg there is a new berth in Copenhagen which is about 6 klms out of the town in an "industrial" area. Any advice about this matter please??
Both times we have cruised to Copenhagen one on Q.V. one on QE) we have been berthed pretty near to the little mermaid. Easily walkable into the centre. I don't remember there being a shuttle at all.

There was a shuttle in Tallin and in Stockholm. St Petersburg is tours only so no shuttles needed.

Not sure which other ports you will visit?

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Forums mobile app

If you berth at the new port in Copenhagen which we did on our last cruise with Princess there is a local service bus put on specially for when cruise ships berth which drops you off in middle of Copenhagen and is cheaper than cruise line shuttle buses. Google and you will find all the details as it has been running for couple of years.

Tallin if you are able enough is only a short and very enjoyable walk from the market that is open at port for when ships are at berth.

http://www.cmport.com/ships-in-port/cruise-ships

this link is to Copenhagen Port Authority

in May QE is at the new Ocean Kai which will require a shuttle

July QE is at the Langelinie terminal which is 20 minute walk along the waterfront past Little Mermaid to Nyhavn, we have always docked there (4x) and shuttle has been provided on 2 occasions

depending on your fare grade Cunard shuttle will be free