First cruise with an infant

SAMMYD8912

Ok so June 23, 2018 will be our next family cruise. Next year we'll be taking our newest edition who will be 1year 7 months old then. I also have a 5 yr old. So me, my boyfriend and our two kids will be cruising carnival magic for 7 days. What are some must do family things and some things we don't need to waste time on??? We leave from Orlando and our ports are Amber cove, SanJuan, virgin islands,and grand Turk. Any thing from the ship to ports would greatly be appreciated!! And anything on the ship.... We will be buying a few pictures too this year all advice is welcome!!!! Thanks in advance!

Sent from my LGL164VL using Forums mobile app

Get a guidebook on your ports... (Amber Cove is a ship's thing...so you won't find info on that)...your library has them in the reference section. Tells you everything you need to know about the places you'll visit! Most things are quite easy to DIY...but you do need to do your research!

So if I put swimpants on him can he get in the pools on carnival ?

Sent from my LGL164VL using Forums mobile app

Absolutely not. Any diapered child not allowed in any pool on Carnival. Only Disney and some Royal Caribbean ships have splash areas for non-potty trained kids. Tons of threads on this. EM

Bring more than enough diapers, wipes, and any medications! My 1 year old got a slight fever on our cruise last year and I hadn't thought to pack baby medicine. Lesson learned and now Children's Tyleonol or Motrin is a must-have for us when cruising. Bring extra sunblock and extra changes of clothes. For the soiled diapers we brought doggy poop bags to tie the dirty diapers up. We also tipped our stateroom attendant well as she worked hard cleaning our stateroom, disposing of diapers, and setting up and taking down the pack and play each day.