10/8/2018 10 night Canada cruise on Gem missing?

calmpets

It may well have something to do with the DAWN and the GEM swapping places (Boston & New York).

Also I think I read somewhere here at CC about the Boston Bermuda cruise being replaced with Boston Bahamas ???

The Bermuda service being out of New York instead of the Bahamas ???

Whole lot of shaking swapping switching in this Atlantic market !!!

It may well have something to do with the DAWN and the GEM swapping places (Boston & New York).

Also I think I read somewhere here at CC about the Boston Bermuda cruise being replaced with Boston Bahamas ???

The Bermuda service being out of New York instead of the Bahamas ???

Whole lot of shaking swapping switching in this Atlantic market !!!

that is for 2019 and onwards. Gem is still in NYC for the 2018 year.

I also noticed my September 28 cruise to Canada is missing too on the NCL website.. I think that is the cruise before yours as my cruise returns on October 8. When i log into myNCL account' date=' i see this:

[img']https://s14.postimg.org/nh7093zm9/Untitled.png[/img]

something is really strange

That would be great if that's all it is. But I thought they weren't swapping till 2019?

Could be a temporary down period of NCL reservations computers while they reload calibrate adjust and

sense how much more revenue they can get by playing musical ships.

What would be odd would be to start the repositioning at a foreign port (Quebec) rather than a place of

routine presence as would be NYC or Boston.

Left side is what myNCL account is showing for my cruise and the right side is the PDF confirmation from my booking. This is for my September 28 cruise. Something is really wrong with the Canada cruises.

Untitled.png

Yes it sure is - ports missing Portland Gaspe' La Baie (Saguenay) Bar Harbor St. Johns

Halifax stops going either way are standard.

Looks as if NCL is turning this cruise in a sea inclusive trip instead of port !

Well, my PCC wasn't able to get a firm answer, nor was his supervisor. It was suggested to wait before doing anything, as they will offer some OBC if they cancel the sailing, but if we cancel first we just get our deposit back. It definitely looks like they are playing with ship placements though, and not in our favor! :mad:

Well, my PCC wasn't able to get a firm answer, nor was his supervisor. It was suggested to wait before doing anything, as they will offer some OBC if they cancel the sailing, but if we cancel first we just get our deposit back. It definitely looks like they are playing with ship placements though, and not in our favor! :mad:

the only thing i could think of is that maybe NYC market can not handle two ships doing Canada cruises? I remember when i booked my cruise last year, both the Escape and Gem was doing Canada cruises in September/October. Now the NCL website is only showing the Escape doing the 7 day Canada cruises. Something is going on with the 10 day Canada cruises, maybe they are not as popular as the normal 7 day cruises.

I guess i have to wait and see on what happens to my cruise too

i sent a tweet to Norwegian on twitter. They replied stating that their system shows the ship returning back to NYC and that is a glitch with their website

Sure hope this is a glitch. We're booked on this 10 day (they really don't offer many 10 day cruises with this Canada/NE itinerary). We LOVE overnighting in Quebec, and this is to be a truly relaxing cruise for us, we've done all these ports 2-3 times and really enjoy them. I've booked a hotel, but no air travel yet. Will be watching this thread now with an eagle eye.

We are 3 couples booked on the 10/8 Gem cruise to celebrate two birthdays and an anniversary. Luckily we have not purchased airfare or hotel... although now that I think about it we have hotel room reserved through NCL as part of the voyage of distinction promo. Hotel room can be cancelled. The 7 night Dawn out of Boston to Quebec City and the return 7 night cruise back to Boston had been on our bucket list for quite a while. Only one duplicate port stop and good itinerary. When we saw the Gem 10 night cruise we decided to do it instead because we love the Jewel class ships and the 10 day itinerary is also good and we'd only be paying for one cruise.

Larry and I were already booked on the Bliss Pacific Coastal Sept 30/Oct 5th when our friends chose the Gem as their birthday celebration cruise. We decided to do both and just deal with getting across the country for the second cruise. If the Gem October 8th cruise is drastically changed I wouldn't mind cancelling it and booking the Bliss 8 night Mexican Riviera cruise that follows the 5 nighter. Will have to see how it all transpires.

I really hope this is a glitch. The main selling point for this cruise for us was the fact that it was a roundtrip out of NYC. While I understand that ports are subject to change, switching the cruise from a round trip to a one way is not cool. At all.

I'm still thinking this is just a website screw up and will all be resolved shortly. Time will tell.

We're booked on the Oct. 8th Canada/New England cruise. I've been trying to get some information about what's happening but haven't had success. Our travel agent is on holiday but left a message replying to my call, saying our bookings are all in place! She obviously has missed the point.

I haven't been able to get a response from NCL.

I'm now seeing online travel sites either not listing the Gem October cruises, or saying "Sold Out".

We're flying from Australia, cruising to Bermuda on the Escape, Sept 30 - Oct. 7, then a day after that cruise we are supposed to board the Gem.

I called NCL yesterday to inquired about the 9/28 cruise, and it was a complete waste of time. At first the rep told me that as she couldn't see any change of itinerary notice for that cruise in her system, it must have always been a one way cruise to Quebec :rolleyes:. Ummmm - no.

When I finally convinced her that, yes, it was a round trip cruise out of NYC when I booked a year ago, she just played the "cruise contract gives us the right to change ports" card. I told her that I understood that, but that I thought switching from a round trip cruise to a one way, disembarking in another country, should at least warrant an email from the company alerting passengers if this is actually what's happening.

The only other information she had was that they had received a notice that day stating that those cruises were not available for sale at this time. Whatever that means. :mad:

Pens Fan, i have the same problem. It seems that it is either a glitch on their website or that they are changing itinerary for the Gem. We have to wait for the official news from NCL once they update everything. I noticed all of the Gem 10 day Canada cruises is gone and they are no cruises currently schedule for the Gem in October 2018.

We also have the 10 day on Sept 8th. These are the ports I expect; mine is still correctly showing roundtrip NYC. When the listing went missing, I member of our role call called their TA, who called NCL; NCL did not know about the missing entry and said the cruise was still on. I read some 2017 reviews on cutting their port times shorter due to just added speed limits. I hoped the 2018 schedule accounted for the new speed limits, but I don't know.

Here is ours in MyNCL with the NYC return:

DayLand Tours And Cruise PortsArriveDepartBooked

Sat New York, New York---4:00 PM

Sun At Sea------

Mon Sydney, Nova Scotia11:00 AM6:00 PM

Tue Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island9:00 AM5:00 PM

Wed At Sea------

Thu Quebec City, Quebec8:00 AM---

Fri Quebec City, Quebec---2:00 PM

Sat At Sea------

Sun Halifax, Nova Scotia11:00 AM8:00 PM

Mon At Sea------

Tue New York, New York (Flight Departure)9:00 AM---

Just saw tis is another group:

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Partners,

Norwegian Cruise Line has important information for you regarding Norwegian Gem's 10-Day Canada & New England sailings from New York from September 8, 2018 to October 18, 2018. All guests booked on this sailing need to be aware of this change and travel professionals are asked to forward this information to their clients.

Because of a scheduling change the 10-Day Canada & New England sailings departing on these dates are no longer available. Norwegian is offering guests currently booked and fully deposited on this sailing the following options:

- Option 1: Move to one of Norwegian Gem's new Canada & New England sailings from September 8, 2018 to October 8, 2018 and your cruise fare will be protected.

- Option 2: Move to any available sailing in our fleet at the current published fare and your deposit will be applied towards the new sailing date. If you choose this option and are booked in an Inside, Oceanview, Balcony or Mini-Suite a $25 onboard credit will be applied to your onboard account. If you are currently booked in a suite (categories beginning with S or H) you will receive a $50 per stateroom onboard credit. Onboard credits can be used on any expenditure on the ship excluding service charges.

Norwegian will also cover up to $300 maximum per person air change fees. We look forward to hearing from you by January 22, 2018, so that we can modify your reservation. If we don't hear from you by January 22, 2018, your reservation will be cancelled. We are standing by to assist you on our dedicated support line at (877) 461-1160 from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm ET Monday through Friday.

Below are the new itineraries for Norwegian Gem sailings between September 8, 2018 and October 18, 2018 for your reference.

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/NCL-ItinChgs_Gem-2018-2019-Deployment-Revised-NYC.pdf

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Partners,

Norwegian Cruise Line has important information for you regarding Norwegian Gem's 10-Day Canada & New England sailings from New York from September 8, 2018 to October 18, 2018. All guests booked on this sailing need to be aware of this change and travel professionals are asked to forward this information to their clients.

Because of a scheduling change the 10-Day Canada & New England sailings departing on these dates are no longer available. Norwegian is offering guests currently booked and fully deposited on this sailing the following options:

- Option 1: Move to one of Norwegian Gem's new Canada & New England sailings from September 8, 2018 to October 8, 2018 and your cruise fare will be protected.

- Option 2: Move to any available sailing in our fleet at the current published fare and your deposit will be applied towards the new sailing date. If you choose this option and are booked in an Inside, Oceanview, Balcony or Mini-Suite a $25 onboard credit will be applied to your onboard account. If you are currently booked in a suite (categories beginning with S or H) you will receive a $50 per stateroom onboard credit. Onboard credits can be used on any expenditure on the ship excluding service charges.

Norwegian will also cover up to $300 maximum per person air change fees. We look forward to hearing from you by January 22, 2018, so that we can modify your reservation. If we don't hear from you by January 22, 2018, your reservation will be cancelled. We are standing by to assist you on our dedicated support line at (877) 461-1160 from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm ETMonday through Friday.

Below are the new itineraries for Norwegian Gem sailings between September 8, 2018 and October 18, 2018 for your reference.

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/NCL-ItinChgs_Gem-2018-2019-Deployment-Revised-NYC.pdf

No more 10 day round trip canada cruises. i dont understand this logic. I hate one way trips.

While I'm bummed about the one way trip - now we will have to fly vs an easy drive to and from NYC, I do like the extra ports. I haven't received an email, but we booked through a TA, so I imagine I'll be getting one shortly.