Sailing from Southampton

Hi everybody, wondered if anyone could help. I know sailing from Southampton is new but does anyone know what the procedure will be for depositing suitcases on arrival at Southampton dock, do Marella send cabin stickers and information in the post so suitcases can be marked before they are taken to the ship or are you given it at the port and then mark your case, as we have done in the past when leaving from Palma.:confused:

Thank you for any information regarding this.

Mollythedolly

Hi everybody, wondered if anyone could help. I know sailing from Southampton is new but does anyone know what the procedure will be for depositing suitcases on arrival at Southampton dock, do Marella send cabin stickers and information in the post so suitcases can be marked before they are taken to the ship or are you given it at the port and then mark your case, as we have done in the past when leaving from Palma.:confused:

Thank you for any information regarding this.

Mollythedolly

Molly

are you coming to So,ton as a independent with your own car, or a package with dock parking , most likely with ABP through tui.

HI So,to saint thanks for replying. We will be arriving by taxi so we will just be dropped off with cases. Did not know if there was a drop off area and if porters then collected cases. As we have never gone from a home port before we are looking forward to the new experience and not having to fly.

Thank you for any information you may be able to give.

Mollythedolly:)

HI So,to saint thanks for replying. We will be arriving by taxi so we will just be dropped off with cases. Did not know if there was a drop off area and if porters then collected cases. As we have never gone from a home port before we are looking forward to the new experience and not having to fly.

Thank you for any information you may be able to give.

Mollythedolly:)

The local taxi drivers will know were to drop you on the day, there are two drop of points either right out side the entrance or the taxi rank come drop of point 100yrds from entrance if you have no cabin labels there is always a person from tui or a rep with your name and cabin number on a passenger list, the terminal you want is City cruise terminal 101 berth, your cases will be taken away by porter or loaded on little train trollys and taken to xray and strait to your cabin.

I'm sure you will have been given your luggage labels beforehand, either in the post or to print off yourself and fold fo make a strong label (as other cruise lines do) ....then it's just a case of dropping off to the porters at the terminal....with labels attached of course.....and the next time you see them will be outside your cabin!

I'm sure you will have been given your luggage labels beforehand, either in the post or to print off yourself and fold fo make a strong label (as other cruise lines do) ....then it's just a case of dropping off to the porters at the terminal....with labels attached of course.....and the next time you see them will be outside your cabin!

Doubt that, more likely to be a thoms rep there asking names and putting the tags on your cases.

Doubt that, more likely to be a thoms rep there asking names and putting the tags on your cases.

Why would Marella do it different to all the other cruise lines that sail from Southampton? Wouldn't it be better to use the tried and tested method??? Time will tell !!

Why would Marella do it different to all the other cruise lines that sail from Southampton? Wouldn't it be better to use the tried and tested method??? Time will tell !!

Because they are Marella, they do things their way ,and their ways are tried and tested as well, when was the last time you got cabin no tags through the post from them ?, when was the last time you downloaded copies of tags to print off from them ? its not their way.

Because they are Marella, they do things their way ,and their ways are tried and tested as well, when was the last time you got cabin no tags through the post from them ?, when was the last time you downloaded copies of tags to print off from them ? its not their way.

Hi okavango

yes we will have to wait and see yes she is is a small come mid size cruise ship carrying 1800 pax when i said cabin numbers to be placed around handle would be a long process on arrival lets talk seven or eight coaches arriving from all over the country, my company we do a park and ride and numbers are going up every week, people doing there own thing, Fly Be doing there own thing, i have only seen two cruises from thomson in 2010 Celebration doing northern spain and Portugal, and 2012 dream transatlantic to Barbados, so yes lets wait and see love to see a ship all season taking on the big boys, and of course one up at Newcastle, that would set the cat amongst the pigeons :)

But Marella don't normally sail from Southampton do they?? So it will be interesting to see what their set up will be.....I would have thought that reps finding individual luggage tags for maybe two cases each passenger X 1800 before they enter the terminal might be a bit chaotic!!!! The luggage 'hole in the wall' is outside the terminal! Anyway as I said previously, time will tell !!:)

But Marella don't normally sail from Southampton do they?? So it will be interesting to see what their set up will be.....I would have thought that reps finding individual luggage tags for maybe two cases each passenger X 1800 before they enter the terminal might be a bit chaotic!!!! The luggage 'hole in the wall' is outside the terminal! Anyway as I said previously, time will tell !!:)

Pods what pods, only Mayflower and Ocean terminal has pods from 1 TO 4 you will have a mini tug pulling two to three gages full of cases to a drop of point , the terminal is used by Royal and celebrity and thats the way they work at this terminal, but as we have already said lets wait and see.

Your luggage labels will be in the envelope with your cruise card and welcome letter which you will be handed on arrival at the terminal, before they take your cases.

Cabins aren't allocated until near departure date (except pre booked) so they can't send labels through the post.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk