Piano Bar Schedule (updated)

mhurdle127

The piano man was Mike McCabe, and he does have an AMAZING voice and performing talent! We came early to the piano bar every night just to get a seat. I was very impressed that Mike plays his music mostly from memory and very rarely looked up a unique song a guest requested. I think his piano bar show was by far the most popular evening event. Every night the piano bar was packed with standing room only, so they actually moved him to the Crow's Nest to accommodate all of his fans.

On a side note - We sailed on the Koningsdam this summer, where they have the new Billboard. The ship is beautiful. For the true piano music lovers though, – it sadly just does not measure up. We miss the piano bar experience where you could just request Mike to play a song and there it is for instant enjoyment, even to sing along. Pianoman Mike McCabe you are the BEST!!

All 4 cruises on the koningsdam had all request sets and sometimes a couple per night. That was mixed in with their themed sets

I just looked at the updated Westerdam deck plans and there is no Piano bar after April of 2017? Looks like Billboard Onboard will take its place.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Is this true? We sail on the Westerdam next week. Piano bars are my favorite.

Kathy

• 3 weeks later...
The piano man was Mike McCabe, and he does have an AMAZING voice and performing talent! We came early to the piano bar every night just to get a seat. I was very impressed that Mike plays his music mostly from memory and very rarely looked up a unique song a guest requested. I think his piano bar show was by far the most popular evening event. Every night the piano bar was packed with standing room only, so they actually moved him to the Crow's Nest to accommodate all of his fans.

On a side note - We sailed on the Koningsdam this summer, where they have the new Billboard. The ship is beautiful. For the true piano music lovers though, – it sadly just does not measure up. We miss the piano bar experience where you could just request Mike to play a song and there it is for instant enjoyment, even to sing along. Pianoman Mike McCabe you are the BEST!!

More kudos for Mike. He was absolutely the highlight of our 14 day Alaskan cruise we got off of a week ago. To everything you said I'd just add that he has a streak of musical wise-a$$ery that really connected with the audience, e.g., Unchained Melody, done in the voice of Elmer Fudd - hilarious.

Anyone know who might be playing on the Veendam currently. I sail Saturday:)

Barry from Boston was there the week of May 19. Played to a full house. We preferred the trio in the Ocean Bar. Also a very good piano soloist there late afternoon and mid evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barry from Boston was there the week of May 19. Played to a full house. We preferred the trio in the Ocean Bar. Also a very good piano soloist there late afternoon and mid evening.

Innlady - private message

I see that you posted about a Maasdam verandah mini "aft-wrap" cabin on HAL Facts. We booked the same one but on the other side of the ship for our upcoming Kontiki cruise - do you know if they will be the same, and please can you share a little more about how this cabin worked out for you. Thanks

Innlady - private message

I see that you posted about a Maasdam verandah mini "aft-wrap" cabin on HAL Facts. We booked the same one but on the other side of the ship for our upcoming Kontiki cruise - do you know if they will be the same, and please can you share a little more about how this cabin worked out for you. Thanks

That was 8 years ago so it’s a bit foggy! But I remember we loved ❤️ the location. So cool being able to dock at a port and watch the sailor hoist the flags on the stern. Cabin was typical of the S class ships. Quite lovely.

That was 8 years ago so it’s a bit foggy! But I remember we loved ❤️ the location. So cool being able to dock at a port and watch the sailor hoist the flags on the stern. Cabin was typical of the S class ships. Quite lovely.

Thanks.

Thanks.

As I recall, early in the morning, it was noisy as the steward’s storage closet was right across the hall. Also, a heavy door to the outside deck could be loud when opened if it was windy. But the sight of the flags being hoisted overruled.

• 2 weeks later...

Jimmy Maddox just announced on his Facebook page "Piano Bar Nation" that he is coming out of retirement for a while and just signed on for the 2019 World Cruise on the ms Amsterdam from January 22 to May 16, 2019.