Change of Itinerary

THL1313

Hi all,

Received an email saying our December Christmas cruise on the BREEZE itinerary is changed. Same ports, just changed to port days around with slightly different times. The letter said the change was "Due to operational considerations".

Just wondering if anyone knows what that means?

TIA

We had our Conquest itinerary this past Spring similarly scrambled due to HMC being over capacity on the day we were to stop there (HAL had two ships calling, in addition to us, so we were bumped). Carnival's official explanation for the itinerary change was "operational considerations" in that situation as well but we know it was the HMC ship capacity issue and HAL having priority. :mad:

Had this happen on the cruise we did for Christmas. Grand Cayman was the scheduled port for Christmas Day and it was switched with our Cozumel stop. Reasoning was that most everything was going to be closed in Grand Cayman whereas in Cozumel there would still be things open for the ships that were in port.

Hi all,

Received an email saying our December Christmas cruise on the BREEZE itinerary is changed. Same ports, just changed to port days around with slightly different times. The letter said the change was "Due to operational considerations".

Just wondering if anyone knows what that means?

TIA

Could really be a variety of reasons. I am thinking since the port days were changed, it has to do with the ports themselves having some issue. Ports can only handle so many ships as well as so many passengers and while one would think they would have that figured out ahead of time, that is not always the case.

I am on this sailing as well. Looks like there are already 5 ships that are expected to call in Cozumel on 12/24. The Breeze would have been the 6th ship. Perhaps this may have something to do with the change.

There are six berths between the three piers in Cozumel. I think a seventh ship can be accommodated, but it will be a tender port for that ship. I wouldn't want to be in Cozumel when it is at at full capacity.

Family and I have an upcoming trip departing Long Beach to the Mexican Rivera June 30, 2018. Got an email from Carnival, ship is leaving 1 hour earlier "to give us even more fun." Spent a whole day stressing and rearranging flights and schedule so we don't miss the boat. First time this every happened to us.

I've cruised over Christmas several times. In my experience, almost everything is closed in the Caribbean/Bahamas on Christmas Day regardless of port of call. Your best bet is for Christmas Day to be a sea day.

If you can figure out the transportation always a beach to go to

If you can figure out the transportation always a beach to go to

Even lots of beaches close on Christmas Day. And like you stated, transportation to them is another issue. And even if you can get there, where are you going to find an umbrella drink? Just like in the U.S., almost nothing is open on Christmas Day in the Caribbean/Bahamas.