2018 Brides!

Congratulations! I too am getting married in 2018! I have been waiting patiently for summer cruises to be released. It will help with wedding plans. I am constantly looking at RCL reviews because I am hoping to have a honeymoon on Harmony of the Seas or Oasis of the Seas. I am so excited even though yes it is two years away!!! I am also from central florida. So hey! Suncoast for the win! It will be our first time cruising so I am excited and nervous. AHHHH! Can't wait!

Congrats!!! Are you looking for just the honeymoon then? Cruises are great!! :) so stress free and a different cool port every day. I think Id like to try Oasis when I get around to Royal too one day. I hope they release them soon for you!!!

Congrats Keisabearforever, isn't this so exciting. I don't know why these cruise lines are taking so long to post the dates. They had me on my toes everyday lurking their websites, lol. Usually NCL posts their dates in December this time they passed December and waited till march. I was able to follow along with their press release to see how long I would have to wait. Thankfully the dates finally came out and now we're booked. hopping your dates are on their way.

<3 Crystal

I had no idea which cruise to choose for our honeymoon because it will be our first time. I heard Royal Caribbean was good do you like NCL? Would you recommend that for a honeymoon? I wonder if Royal Caribbean will release the dates this year or early next year. It would be nice if they did. Their Spring 2018 is up but I don't graduate college until May 2018. -__-

Congrats!!! Are you looking for just the honeymoon then? Cruises are great!! :) so stress free and a different cool port every day. I think Id like to try Oasis when I get around to Royal too one day. I hope they release them soon for you!!!

Yeah I'm looking for the honeymoon. We are getting married in our home church which is nice because it will be very affordable. We decided that it is better to invest most of our money to a wonderful honeymoon than an expensive wedding. Someone I know spent a lot of money on her wedding and didn't leave enough for a honeymoon and I would rather be the opposite haha. We are looking at a small-medium wedding and hopefully a 7 day cruise. We originally wanted to go to Alaska for our honeymoon and realized that it would be better to do a short honeymoon in the Caribbean during the summer and a nice romantic Alaskan one during the winter. That way we can see the Northern lights! And the extra money we have saved from our honeymoon funds could go towards a winter cruise!

Kesia... I dont blame you for wanting to have a good honeymoon! :) Im getting married on the ship before it leaves port so family can come to the ceremony on board even if they dont cruise. The price was actually really good and when we figured out everything at home it all began to add up quickly! What is up with weddings being sooooo expensive! I just wanna wear a pretty dress, marry my love, and cruise lol. Do they do alaskan cruises during the winter. You may want to look into it but I thought they only ran during the summer due to temperatures. I cant wait to do Alaska one year... its on my list

Kesia... I dont blame you for wanting to have a good honeymoon! :) Im getting married on the ship before it leaves port so family can come to the ceremony on board even if they dont cruise. The price was actually really good and when we figured out everything at home it all began to add up quickly! What is up with weddings being sooooo expensive! I just wanna wear a pretty dress, marry my love, and cruise lol. Do they do alaskan cruises during the winter. You may want to look into it but I thought they only ran during the summer due to temperatures. I cant wait to do Alaska one year... its on my list

You are right they usually run until September. September to me is what I would consider a "winter" cruise because it is pretty far down the calendar. Also the temperatures in Alaska during September run between 30-60 degrees. Here in Florida that is winter enough for me! I think the coldest weather I ever been in was 32 degrees. So that being said September in Alaska is my personal "winter" cruise!

Hey Crystal, did you mean passport invites or boarding pass? They have boarding pass ones on zazzle for like 2 dollars each. Im guessing you meant passport. I think those are mad cute but seem like a lot of work. Then again, Im doing message in a bottle so I cant talk... its a little extensive too

Hi Ashley, the message in a bottle are amazing. Are you planning to do them are your own? They are actually boarding pass invites they come in really cute envelopes and response cards. I did see an option to buy the template for about 20-50 bucks and then I would have to print them out myself, but I have no clue where to even begin with that. I found them on etsy and attached them. On zazzle I didn't see matching response cards, I'm guessing buy time I added all the additional items I'll probably be at, at least 6 bucks per set.

image.jpg.855769f20bfe8f8eff8746a988aae154.jpg

Hi Ashley, the message in a bottle are amazing. Are you planning to do them are your own? They are actually boarding pass invites they come in really cute envelopes and response cards. I did see an option to buy the template for about 20-50 bucks and then I would have to print them out myself, but I have no clue where to even begin with that. I found them on etsy and attached them. On zazzle I didn't see matching response cards, I'm guessing buy time I added all the additional items I'll probably be at, at least 6 bucks per set.

Oh wow, those are pretty!!!! Love the envelope/boarding pass holder thing you've got going there. I can see why they are so pricey....

We are doing large wine size bottles for message in a bottle and doing it all ourselves. I've priced it out... I can get 12 empty wine bottles for 10 bucks. Corks for 49 cents each... a few things of twine, some free beach sand (and I live near a beach with powder white sand), and I bought some 8X11 parchment paper that we are just going to print the invite on, roll it up tie it and put a piece of string through it so it's easy to pull out of the bottle... a few bags of mini shells at Michaels, some brown rope thread around the top and maybe a seashell/sandollar/cheap anchor charm, and we are good to go.... it seems like a lot but really with free sand and finding cheap bottles it's not gonna be that much.

I did do the RSVP's separately on zazzle and they will have to accompany the bottle somehow, but the cards aren't that much... in the end it's lucky for us we only need 25 invitations.

ETA: a good portion of these will be hand delivered because we simply don't want to pay for shipping but I doubt it will make a huge difference to those we hand deliver too (family)

Edited by StingRaysfan

April, that sounds amazing. Those are definitely going to be invitations to remember. You have some very clever ideas. I'm afraid I have so much time to plan that I'm going I change my idea a gazillion times.

<3 Crystal

April, that sounds amazing. Those are definitely going to be invitations to remember. You have some very clever ideas. I'm afraid I have so much time to plan that I'm going I change my idea a gazillion times.

<3 Crystal

I've wondered about that also, but I doubt I will.. I'm kinda in love with all the ideas we've had so far. The one thing I'm not deciding on for quite some time is a dress though... I don't want dress remorse.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, just checking in. I think now that the initial excitement has calmed down for me Im just biding my time now.... and it still seems so far away :) I told my FH this last night and hes like "well, we can always elope" but after discussion that was a big no. Lol I will be patient. Havent fone too much wedding planning except bedazzling a cake topper to bring. It gave me something to do during the excitement anyway... :)

1464536266639.jpg.d8cbd5861d8edce1a3a50336bec15f96.jpg

1464536281390.jpg.d300e1a51abbdfcfe82bd9371fc7e7b3.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi stingraysfan and dodgingraindrops (and the rest of the 2018 brides)! I love seeing 2018 brides because that means our 2017 weddings are getting closer! My best friend has an etsy shop and she designed my Passport/boarding pass invitations. I don't think she has them listed in her shop, but if you send her a msg through Etsy, she might be willing to do a special order for you. She does amazing work! Her shop is https://www.etsy.com/shop/PrettilyPrintable I payed the proofs of my invites below

1467243651125.jpg.d1a6860afaf2175a247b209e5fd910c2.jpg

1467243667734.jpg.3f013f32477308dd4afb7dc446958495.jpg

1467243680727.jpg.722cf44ca709281536b352e5ad7ea3a4.jpg

Edited by Nickayf

Hey guys, just checking in. I think now that the initial excitement has calmed down for me Im just biding my time now.... and it still seems so far away :) I told my FH this last night and hes like "well, we can always elope" but after discussion that was a big no. Lol I will be patient. Havent fone too much wedding planning except bedazzling a cake topper to bring. It gave me something to do during the excitement anyway... :)

Hi Ashley,

I love your cake top, it's so cute and the stones are gorgous. Lol your right the excitement has calmed down, I orderd my save the dates on etsy about 2 weeks ago. They are just simple magnets. I'm waiting for them to get here. I want to and them out already so everything is official.

<3 Crystal

Hi stingraysfan and dodgingraindrops (and the rest of the 2018 brides)! I love seeing 2018 brides because that means our 2017 weddings are getting closer! My best friend has an etsy shop and she designed my Passport/boarding pass invitations. I don't think she has them listed in her shop, but if you send her a msg through Etsy, she might be willing to do a special order for you. She does amazing work! Her shop is https://www.etsy.com/shop/PrettilyPrintable I payed the proofs of my invites below

I'm sorry I need to learn how to quote two people in one message, until then bare with me.

Nicky, your passport invites are super cute. I will def get in touch with your friend and see what we can come up with. I'm a huge etsy lover.

Thank you

Crystal

I'm sorry I need to learn how to quote two people in one message, until then bare with me.

Nicky, your passport invites are super cute. I will def get in touch with your friend and see what we can come up with. I'm a huge etsy lover.

Thank you

Crystal

Hi Crystal. Have fun planning your wedding!

• 3 weeks later...

It's been awhile since the last I've spoke. I got to travel to Chile with my college for a mission trip and LOVED it. I successfully convinced my man to go to Chile instead of Alaska for our second cruise after our honeymoon. However we have been considering doing a back to back cruise for our honeymoon. Has anyone ever done one? Instead of 5 days we thought two weeks would be better back to back. Any thoughts or suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

I have wanted to do a back to back, and I have friends that do them all the time. Do it! Which cruise line goes to Chile? That would be cool too! Glad you got that experience... back in the 90s I did two mission trips in Belize. They were amazing experiences

• 2 weeks later...
It's been awhile since the last I've spoke. I got to travel to Chile with my college for a mission trip and LOVED it. I successfully convinced my man to go to Chile instead of Alaska for our second cruise after our honeymoon. However we have been considering doing a back to back cruise for our honeymoon. Has anyone ever done one? Instead of 5 days we thought two weeks would be better back to back. Any thoughts or suggestions?

I have wanted to do a back to back, and I have friends that do them all the time. Do it! Which cruise line goes to Chile? That would be cool too! Glad you got that experience... back in the 90s I did two mission trips in Belize. They were amazing experiences

Keisia that is wonderful, I can't even imagine what a great experience that must have been, and how great is it that you also were able to do a mission trip Ashley. The cruise we booked for our wedding is practically two weeks (11 days) so while I would loveeee to do a back t back cruise it's not looking good. I kind of still think we would all need a honeymoon, yes we are cruising for our wedding but with family and friends, that's not much for alone time. Is it not crazy how fast time is going, I remember booking my cruise and saying OMG it's two years away. Now it's 1 year and 8 months, the time is flying. I am almost done sending out my save the dates and we have had a few bookings so I'm excited about that.

<3 Crystal

• 2 weeks later...

Hey hey Crystal! I was just thinking the same the other day! Time is flying!!!! I was going to, but I still have not sent out the save the dates yet though. It just seems so early. I think Ive decided to wait until February, which still give people a year and two months.

Ive been working on some DIY projects when I get some free time. Just decorated our sand ceremony jar .. . Attaching before and after pics. And I know its crazy but I already said yes to the dress... lol no judgement.

1472383138476.jpg.bd468bda99debed0bc6685263d6facb2.jpg

1472383259926.jpg.dad037d4a6dd393ccad0894e0fe5e140.jpg

We are in the same boat we are getting married in June of 2018. Not sure exactly what we want to do, but cruising (and probably Ziplining) will,be a part of it. Very excited. We are on the Sept 19 Alaska inside passage, then Stay on for the Sept 30 Panama Canal and end in Miami on the Norweigian Sun!

Hey hey Crystal! I was just thinking the same the other day! Time is flying!!!! I was going to, but I still have not sent out the save the dates yet though. It just seems so early. I think Ive decided to wait until February, which still give people a year and two months.

Ive been working on some DIY projects when I get some free time. Just decorated our sand ceremony jar .. . Attaching before and after pics. And I know its crazy but I already said yes to the dress... lol no judgement.

Hi Ashley, I honestly did send my save the dates quite early, but I really just wanted to give everyone enough time to book and save. since it was a magnet save the date I figured it's on their fridge they can see it everyday. I love your DIY project, the jar is perfect and your creativeness is perfectly adorable. No judgements at all coming my way, I say you find a dress you love, jump on it. Congratssssss.

We are in the same boat we are getting married in June of 2018. Not sure exactly what we want to do, but cruising (and probably Ziplining) will,be a part of it. Very excited. We are on the Sept 19 Alaska inside passage, then Stay on for the Sept 30 Panama Canal and end in Miami on the Norweigian Sun!

Congrats SandS14, it seems so far but believe me the time flies. An Alaskan wedding sounds soooo amazing please spill the details as you figure out your plans.

Our contract got approved today! So I guess it is official, we will be getting married on board the Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas on 1/28/2018 (a sea day!) We have 31 sailing guests already booked and a little over 500 days to go!

Congrats CruisinBlondie28, isn't it so exciting, and omg you have a great amount of people booked already, that is awesome.

@Jac if I was doing an 11 day cruise I'd probably have already sent them out too already. That definitely takes some extra planning for most people! :) (side note: Maybe it's because I took my name off my signature but it's April though I DO like the name Ashley. I had a girl call me Abbie once for the longest and I never corrected her she was so mad I didn't LOL)

Holy cow that sounds amazing! I never considered Alaska. I hope you share some pictures!!

Our contract got approved today! So I guess it is official, we will be getting married on board the Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas on 1/28/2018 (a sea day!) We have 31 sailing guests already booked and a little over 500 days to go!

CONGRATS on setting your date officially CruisinBlondie! Where are you going on the cruise? Getting married on a seaday would be ideal honestly. Where do you have to get your marriage license out of?

Edited by StingRaysfan

@Jac if I was doing an 11 day cruise I'd probably have already sent them out too already. That definitely takes some extra planning for most people! :) (side note: Maybe it's because I took my name off my signature but it's April though I DO like the name Ashley. I had a girl call me Abbie once for the longest and I never corrected her she was so mad I didn't LOL)

Holy cow that sounds amazing! I never considered Alaska. I hope you share some pictures!!

CONGRATS on setting your date officially CruisinBlondie! Where are you going on the cruise? Getting married on a seaday would be ideal honestly. Where do you have to get your marriage license out of?

We leave from Ft. Lauderdale, have 2 seas days (we will get married on the first sea day!) and then St. Maarten, San Juan and Labadee, then one last sea day. It is an easy itinerary which will be great for a lot of our first time cruising guests!

When we were looking at cruise options we based it on the date the ship would be at sea... I wanted it on the 28th (its a special number to me) and my fiance wanted to be married at sea! Plus I have been wanting to go on the Harmony, so it all worked out so perfectly! But to make it legal, the ceremony will be performed by the captain (how cool!) and we have to have a Bahamian Maritime License.