Nachi Cocom-er Thinking Of Trying Mr. Sanchos AI

Cinders411

We have been to Nachi Cocom several times. There is nothing wrong with it but, I might enjoy trying something new. Nachi has palapas to sit under for shade. I don't see any shade whether it been palapas or umbrellas on the beach at Mr. Sanchos. I only see shady areas for folks sitting at tables and up right chairs. There also appear to be day beds. I want to relax directly on the beach though and enjoy the AI side. Are there umbrellas?

The last time we were there the only umbrellas were by the tables, not by the loungers close to the beach.

We go to Sanchos when cruising with my daughters who love the water toys and lively atmosphere; when it is just the wife an I we head to Nachi for shade, quiet, and no crowds.

Your call! ;)

We were at Mr. Sancho's in November. Had a great time--food and drinks were fantastic. However here were the things I did NOT like about it:

1) The lack of personal space. Chairs on the beach are right next to one another. Same with the tables with umbrellas/palapas. All right next to one another. It makes for a louder day.

2) Sort of along those lines, the beach area is small. The chairs were literally right next to the water. There wasn't a stretch of sand in front of the chairs at all.

We are going in a month and have decided to do Nachi again. There will be 10 ships in port and we are the last ship to arrive. The fact that Nachi limits their guests was a big selling point for us as was the space to spread out a little bit. We have kids, but they will be happy to play in the water/sand/pool versus the water activities at Sanchos. :)

We were at Mr. Sancho's in November. Had a great time--food and drinks were fantastic. However here were the things I did NOT like about it:

1) The lack of personal space. Chairs on the beach are right next to one another. Same with the tables with umbrellas/palapas. All right next to one another. It makes for a louder day.

2) Sort of along those lines, the beach area is small. The chairs were literally right next to the water. There wasn't a stretch of sand in front of the chairs at all.

We are going in a month and have decided to do Nachi again. There will be 10 ships in port and we are the last ship to arrive. The fact that Nachi limits their guests was a big selling point for us as was the space to spread out a little bit. We have kids, but they will be happy to play in the water/sand/pool versus the water activities at Sanchos. :)

Wow, 10 ships are a lot of ships for the summer!

I have similar feelings about the lack of personal space at Paradise - not my idea of fun. I would definitely be avoiding the popular places with that many ships in port - Nachi is probably a good call.

We are thinking of trying Nachi or Mr. Sanchos on our next cruise. How early do you make a reservation? I think 8 ships will be in port the day we are there.

We made ours a couple of months out. I think the majority of people still do excursions booked directly through the ships, so that cuts a little bit of the "competition" to get reservations out. But, with a lot of ships in port, I would do it sooner rather than later.

We are thinking of trying Nachi or Mr. Sanchos on our next cruise. How early do you make a reservation? I think 8 ships will be in port the day we are there.

Here is the link to reserve at Nachi Cocum:

http://www.cozumelnachicocom.com/

Have fun! Great place :cool:BTW, do it ASAP..with only 120 guests allowed in daily, it fills quickly!!!

Big Al

We have done Nachi the last several times while docked in Cozumel, and experienced less service each time. This time we have booked Mr. Sanchos. I asked a question on their facebook page about umbrellas on the beach, and was told we could "rent" one for $10. I hope I'm not making a mistake switching things up this time, especially since we are taking first timers with us. But, I couldn't see continuing to pay for less service.